None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43216 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
Senk wrote:
Nov 15th, 2012 12:30 am
There's a stable build of CyanogenMod 10 out of the GS3. Anyone try it yet?
I'm going to attempt to flash it this weekend.
I'm on a 1 or 2 month old ROM on AOKP JB, So lazy to reflash and everything..
Just waiting for OTA JB and just rock that.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4533 posts
723 upvotes
Whitby
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 15th, 2012 12:48 am
I'm on a 1 or 2 month old ROM on AOKP JB, So lazy to reflash and everything..
Just waiting for OTA JB and just rock that.
I recall you're on Speakout-my son is also with an unlocked Bell S3. I wonder if his S3 will get the OTA update through the Rogers network/Speakout?
Jun 15, 2011
37821 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ez_86 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:30 am
omg this is taking foreverrrrr
Good thing I got rid of it just in time. Because it will be a while for the S3 to get 4.2 :razz: Hehe
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
1011 posts
24 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Senk wrote:
Nov 15th, 2012 12:30 am
There's a stable build of CyanogenMod 10 out of the GS3. Anyone try it yet?
I'm going to attempt to flash it this weekend.
I was using the Stable build last week, didn't encounter any problems. Currently on the 11/18 nightly. CM10 has been very stable, even the nightlies.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4533 posts
723 upvotes
Whitby
Damn...lost the power button on my S3, google shows that's not uncommon. Of course Samsung won't just send a new button-phone needs to be sent in for "repair"

Wish Samsung/Bell would work with me on this, simply send the replacement power button to closest Bell store or something. Only option is a loaner phone for 2 weeks while mine is 'repaired'...if I was selling a $600 product a part was falling off I would try to make the replacement easy, not try to find a way to further inconvenience the customer.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15908 posts
354 upvotes
Just curious, does anyone else's messaging app lags when you have a lot of messages?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15340 posts
564 upvotes
Niagara Falls
New member of the S III gang. Still stuck on 4.04 YIKES!, but honestly I don't dislike touchwhiz as much as I thought I would. I think I will force myself to keep it stock for a week and see how it goes before I try a custom rom.
Stop being lazy RFD and fix the auto subscription nonsense. This is a damn discussion forum.
May 9, 2007
510 posts
103 upvotes
Not sure where to post this but was looking up some specs for the upcoming S4 and latest reports suggest the Galaxy S4 will feature a 5-inch full HD 1920x1080 pixel display that’ll pack in a staggering pixel density of 441ppi along with 8-cores possibly as high as 2ghz. The iphone isn't even HD, but hey it's half an inch longer lol! Add in a place to plug in my monitor and keyboard and i won't ever have to buy a computer again!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15340 posts
564 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Bryson wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 11:43 pm
Not sure where to post this but was looking up some specs for the upcoming S4 and latest reports suggest the Galaxy S4 will feature a 5-inch full HD 1920x1080 pixel display that’ll pack in a staggering pixel density of 441ppi along with 8-cores possibly as high as 2ghz. The iphone isn't even HD, but hey it's half an inch longer lol! Add in a place to plug in my monitor and keyboard and i won't ever have to buy a computer again!
The 5-inch 1080 display I believe. The 8 cores I don't. The size of the S3 is really pushing it for me personally but who knows, perhaps 5 wont be too big
Stop being lazy RFD and fix the auto subscription nonsense. This is a damn discussion forum.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2011
1061 posts
109 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 11:52 pm
The 5-inch 1080 display I believe. The 8 cores I don't. The size of the S3 is really pushing it for me personally but who knows, perhaps 5 wont be too big
+1 I doubt I'd buy a larger device than than S3, it's kinda big already. The 8core thing wont happen, but its on their roadmap for sometime this year.
May 9, 2007
510 posts
103 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 11:52 pm
Well with the octo-cores we could see A15-spec chips clocked around ~2ghz for the big stuff, paired with an A7 clocked at ~1.2ghz for when things need to get a little lower power, bringing with it the best of both worlds.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and ... on-1114243

As for screen size, if samsung could make their displays edge-to-edge like on their 9000 series TVs *drool* then the phone won't have to be any bigger. Guess we'll find out in a few more months. ;)
Jun 15, 2011
37821 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Herp derp: Rogers Samsung Galaxy S III upgrade to Jelly Bean pushed to “Early December”
Rogers states on their “OS Upgrades” schedule that the “release dates are subject to change” at anytime. This is clearly the case with the Samsung Galaxy S III upgrade to Android OS 4.1 Jelly Bean. What used to be “Late November” is now marked down as “Early December.” No word on the reasons for the slight delay, but Samsung Canada promised that it’ll arrive “before the holiday.”
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/22/roger ... -december/

Still late lol. By the time the Nexus devices will have 4.2.1 :razz:
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Mar 18, 2005
15340 posts
564 upvotes
Niagara Falls
djemzine wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2012 4:28 pm
Herp derp: Rogers Samsung Galaxy S III upgrade to Jelly Bean pushed to “Early December”

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/22/roger ... -december/

Still late lol. By the time the Nexus devices will have 4.2.1 :razz:
Which is why this weekend I will be rooting my phone and installing a custom recovery
× < >