• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2011 1:15 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 26, 2009
367 posts
50 upvotes

Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant T959 (bricked)- recommend a repair center/person

Hi there! My Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant T959 (tmobile) was bricked after ugrading firmware from eclair to froyo. I won't turn on right now even on the 3 press buttons. Googled and tried some solutions on forums but i wont work. Can you recommend someone who knows how to repair this thing in the GTA. Send me a PM. Bought this one unlocked at pacific mall. Used it for 4 months and after the upgrade it was bricked. I don't know if this will be covered in the 1 year warranty. Still haven't tried the usb jig that i saw/read on the forums. Thanks.
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 3, 2009
5717 posts
626 upvotes
jrgarma wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2011 7:09 pm
Hi there! My Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant T959 (tmobile) was bricked after ugrading firmware from eclair to froyo. I won't turn on right now even on the 3 press buttons. Googled and tried some solutions on forums but i wont work. Can you recommend someone who knows how to repair this thing in the GTA. Send me a PM. Bought this one unlocked at pacific mall. Used it for 4 months and after the upgrade it was bricked. I don't know if this will be covered in the 1 year warranty. Still haven't tried the usb jig that i saw/read on the forums. Thanks.

Did you use the official update through Kies? I know its scary, even though its official, there's still that chance of bricking your phone! CMon Samsung!!
[OP]
Aug 26, 2009
367 posts
50 upvotes
TheRed wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2011 7:14 pm
Did you use the official update through Kies? I know its scary, even though its official, there's still that chance of bricking your phone! CMon Samsung!!

Yes I did. Updated through kies mini. Upgrade wasnt finished and showed a light pinkish color on the screen and stuck on 3%. waited for an hour still stuck on 3%. no choice but to close the program and my phone wont boot.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
2502 posts
141 upvotes
Brampton
Have you tried entering download mode using the 300k ohm usb jig?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
shabby wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2011 10:17 pm
Have you tried entering download mode using the 300k ohm usb jig?

i'd bet the OP wouldn't have a clue what you meant.
you are assuming that the OP follows the xda scene, and if he did, he wouldn't be asking questions like that.

OP,
apparently it is extremely difficult to 'brick' the galaxy.
it might appear to be bricked, but there are methods that can be done at home to bring it back to life.

as someone else suggested, head over to the XDA site and look around there and you'll find what you need.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1954 posts
192 upvotes
ippon wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2011 10:59 pm
i'd bet the OP wouldn't have a clue what you meant.
you are assuming that the OP follows the xda scene, and if he did, he wouldn't be asking questions like that.

OP,
apparently it is extremely difficult to 'brick' the galaxy.
it might appear to be bricked, but there are methods that can be done at home to bring it back to life.

as someone else suggested, head over to the XDA site and look around there and you'll find what you need.

Considering the OP said this at the end:
Still haven't tried the usb jig that i saw/read on the forums. Thanks.
I assume he knows what it is. And if the OP doesn't know how to assemble a JIG, which I wouldn't either as it sounds like some advanced stuff, just buy it off eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Download-Mode-USB-J ... 3224wt_905 Made specifically for the Galaxy S line and only $11 bucks shipped, definitely a good buy if you don't know what you are doing.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2009
367 posts
50 upvotes
enhanced wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 12:35 am
Considering the OP said this at the end:

I assume he knows what it is. And if the OP doesn't know how to assemble a JIG, which I wouldn't either as it sounds like some advanced stuff, just buy it off eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Download-Mode-USB-J ... 3224wt_905 Made specifically for the Galaxy S line and only $11 bucks shipped, definitely a good buy if you don't know what you are doing.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Finally ordered a usb jig on ebay and hope this will solve my problem. Will try also methods on the XDA forums.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
2502 posts
141 upvotes
Brampton
I could of easily made one those usb jig's for you, i got the usb connector and resistors on hand.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2009
367 posts
50 upvotes
==== update =====

Got the usb jig today and still it won't go to download mode. Can anyone recommend a repair center for my Samsung
Galaxy here in GTA? Don't know if i can still send the phone to samsung canada or u.s.a for a warranty. any thoughts? thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
8795 posts
110 upvotes
Are you sure you're doing it properly? Like took out the sim etc?
it's me ramin.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2009
367 posts
50 upvotes
B0000rt wrote:
Feb 9th, 2011 7:12 pm
Are you sure you're doing it properly? Like took out the sim etc?
Yes I'm sure. Removed sim, micro sd still not in download mode. totally dead. Read on XDA forums that my last option is the JTAG Riff Box.
Do you know someone who provides this kind of service. thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1954 posts
192 upvotes
jrgarma wrote:
Feb 9th, 2011 9:06 pm
Yes I'm sure. Removed sim, micro sd still not in download mode. totally dead. Read on XDA forums that my last option is the JTAG Riff Box.
Do you know someone who provides this kind of service. thanks.

Wow, I've never heard of a JIG not working. The Galaxy S line is often said to be unbrickable so this is surprising that you actually fully bricked it. Quite an accomplishment unfortunately.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
wow,
you are the first person that i've seen that is reporting a fully bricked galaxy.

have you tried making a posting at XDA forum and inquire there?
that is the first thing i would do.

if you want to go see a repair man, try here.
http://www.bongowireless.com/

i don't know anyone who has a better reputation in the repair business.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Feb 16, 2003
96 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
jrgarma wrote:
Feb 9th, 2011 6:36 pm
==== update =====

Got the usb jig today and still it won't go to download mode. Can anyone recommend a repair center for my Samsung
Galaxy here in GTA? Don't know if i can still send the phone to samsung canada or u.s.a for a warranty. any thoughts? thanks.

How are you trying to get to the download mode?
× < >