• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2013 3:14 pm
Tags:
None
May 8, 2012
44 posts
1 upvote
Napanee
I have the Koodo S2X T989D with a Green Trident Aegis Case and a ZAGG screen protector... I've had many compliments as people think its an "Otterbox". If you don't mind a medium to bulky case this case has great protection. Try shopping around on eBay or Amazon for the best deal though, Trident cases in stores are overpriced.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1146 posts
79 upvotes
Pacific Mall in the GTA????

Or go to a Chinese place in your area.

You have to be stupid to pay 2X or more if you go to ANY SERVICE PROVIDER or BESTBUY/FUTURESHOP to by accessories ... mainstream places are a RIPOFF! And you have to pay taxes too!!!
Signature removed for violating the rules.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2010
175 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
matty632nm wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 3:37 am
I have the Koodo S2X T989D with a Green Trident Aegis Case and a ZAGG screen protector... I've had many compliments as people think its an "Otterbox". If you don't mind a medium to bulky case this case has great protection. Try shopping around on eBay or Amazon for the best deal though, Trident cases in stores are overpriced.
how much this case would cost for S2X? can you provide a link?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
2388 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
ebay/amazon
$20-$22
Free: 1. ShawDirect receivers
Looking for: 1. Cheapo 3/4g tablet
For Sale: 1. Thomson DCM476 Cable Modem
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1146 posts
79 upvotes
dredd2099 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 11:07 am
ebay/amazon
$20-$22
You definitely get a lower price than that at Pacific Mall ...
Signature removed for violating the rules.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
ok need clarifacation. does the s2 cases fit the sIIx phones?

also cant find any sIIx cases from otterbox website so either my first question answers that or what is a good alturnative? rather have either slick appearance or as someone mentioned that has options for credit cards and such - wallet like.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11100 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Keas wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 5:02 pm
ok need clarifacation. does the s2 cases fit the sIIx phones?

also cant find any sIIx cases from otterbox website so either my first question answers that or what is a good alturnative? rather have either slick appearance or as someone mentioned that has options for credit cards and such - wallet like.
The s2 from Bell/Virgin is the i9100 and the sIIx is the T989D. I can tell you that the i9100 and T989 are physically different in size and the cases are not interchangeable. I used to have both phones.

There is no Otterbox case, Defender or Commuter, for the T989. I've look around and could only find Otterbox-like cases on eBay from China or the AGF Ballistic for $25 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGF-Ballistic-S ... 460a8b8697).
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
audit13 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 5:10 pm
The s2 from Bell/Virgin is the i9100 and the sIIx is the T989D. I can tell you that the i9100 and T989 are physically different in size and the cases are not interchangeable. I used to have both phones.

There is no Otterbox case, Defender or Commuter, for the T989. I've look around and could only find Otterbox-like cases on eBay from China or the AGF Ballistic for $25 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGF-Ballistic-S ... 460a8b8697).
yea been looking at amazon and i can see the i9100 is different than the t989 and t989d's but the t989 and t989d look the same so i think they would both fit. please correct me if i am wrong. I've also been looking at a few wallet type covers which are nice since it could save me room since the phone is so big. the one you linked looks like a tank which i don't know if i want... i am usually very good at not dropping stuff so not sure if i need that drastic of a case.

I'm going to the mall tomorrow and going to see whats being sold around in the kiosks. but so far i have it down to either a very slim hard-case or a wallet style.

Edit:
found this ottercase:
http://www.otterbox.com/Samsung-Galaxy- ... cket-cases
looks like it would fit but not sure - what do you guys think? they have a impact version for 19.99 but out of stock :(

i looked more closely and the placement for the sound seems to be on the opposite side of the back-face :( oh well.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11100 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Keas wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 5:55 pm
yea been looking at amazon and i can see the i9100 is different than the t989 and t989d's but the t989 and t989d look the same so i think they would both fit. please correct me if i am wrong. I've also been looking at a few wallet type covers which are nice since it could save me room since the phone is so big. the one you linked looks like a tank which i don't know if i want... i am usually very good at not dropping stuff so not sure if i need that drastic of a case.

I'm going to the mall tomorrow and going to see whats being sold around in the kiosks. but so far i have it down to either a very slim hard-case or a wallet style.

Edit:
found this ottercase:
http://www.otterbox.com/Samsung-Galaxy- ... cket-cases
looks like it would fit but not sure - what do you guys think? they have a impact version for 19.99 but out of stock :(

i looked more closely and the placement for the sound seems to be on the opposite side of the back-face :( oh well.
The Skyrocket has a 4.66" screen according to this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-p ... AATT-specs

The Hercules T989/T989D has a 4.52" screen: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsun ... ile_id5541

When using an Otterbox, it's important that it fit snugly; otherwise, the phone may rattle around if the phone is slightly too small.

The Koodo is definitely the T989D as it is the same phone that runs on T-Mobile.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1019 posts
69 upvotes
Dieppe
Keas wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 5:55 pm
yea been looking at amazon and i can see the i9100 is different than the t989 and t989d's but the t989 and t989d look the same so i think they would both fit. please correct me if i am wrong.
No, they won't fit. They may look similar, but the cases for one don't fit the other.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
i just cant believe that it is so hard to find a case for a SIIX from an actual store. they sell the phones but no cases for it. only telus has a case for it and it is pink!!!

going to call the telus store in the mall near me and see if they have them there in other colors.
what i would like is a slim protective case that will then fit into a wallet style for when i just want to grab my phone and id and credit card and put a few bucks in my pants. no reason to have to carry wallets and phones if you can mix them together.

I'm Leary about buying from eBay and really cant figure out how they can ship from china for free for a 20 dollar item or less.
× < >