Cell Phones

Is the Samsung Galaxy S2X the same as T989?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2013 1:53 pm
Tags:
None
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
it is the same phone.
T989
Galaxy S2X
Samsung Hercules
T-Mobile Galaxy s2

all the same.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Aug 10, 2008
189 posts
20 upvotes
Kingston
arclite wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 3:27 pm
Telus uses the Bell network.
What does that have to do with it? Bell never sold the Galaxy S II X.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
the koodo SIIX is a T989D not a T989 so that could be the issue though by the pics on the link it looks like it should fit. in what way doesn't it fit? too small? doesn't match up with the camera and sound slots?
I've been looking for a case for the Koodo phone and i get frustrated between all the numbers and slight differences. was going to go to the mall today but couldn't find a dang parking spot! so i gave up and went to London Drugs and all they sell is Iphone cases.

Edit:
i looked more closely at that phone in the eBay link and my own and it is slightly different... the front camera and the blue spots are more pronounced on the eBay pictures - mine barely has any spots at all and the camera seems more recessed into the phone. also seems like there is more room at the bottom and less at the top going by where the function keys are placed and the logo's are. i don't know - might just be me but i think these are 2 slightly different builds of the same phone.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3227 posts
342 upvotes
We have been over this... The t989 is the same phone as the t989d.... I picked up a case for mine at a Tmobile store in California... I have the Telus T989d
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
Keas wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 12:25 am
the koodo SIIX is a T989D not a T989 so that could be the issue though by the pics on the link it looks like it should fit. in what way doesn't it fit? too small? doesn't match up with the camera and sound slots?
I've been looking for a case for the Koodo phone and i get frustrated between all the numbers and slight differences. was going to go to the mall today but couldn't find a dang parking spot! so i gave up and went to London Drugs and all they sell is Iphone cases.

Edit:
i looked more closely at that phone in the eBay link and my own and it is slightly different... the front camera and the blue spots are more pronounced on the eBay pictures - mine barely has any spots at all and the camera seems more recessed into the phone. also seems like there is more room at the bottom and less at the top going by where the function keys are placed and the logo's are. i don't know - might just be me but i think these are 2 slightly different builds of the same phone.
its not beyond reason they posted a different phone or mailed you an incorrect case. afaik, there is only one T989 and they are all physically the same except for the carrier branding (if any)
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
297 upvotes
New Westminster
OK i was just trying to figure out why it could happen to the guy and new there were 2 different numbers. hoping to find a case today myself. i really cant believe there aren't that many around with so many of these phones being sold.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2035 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
T989D and T989 is same.

Only one that people got confused was with AT&T S2 and Tmobile S2 because it was labeled by some seller as same. But AT&T is called skyrocket i727 same as S2 HD LTE from bell.

Just search for T989 on ebay or amazon like "t989 screen protector" or "t989 case". I order bunch from ebay and all fits. Make sure its Tmobile/hercules/t989 version.
× < >