Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB White 3G Unlocked for $669, Free S&H

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2012 10:38 pm
Tags:
None
31 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
edwinsbusiness wrote: Is there a difference between this one and the one at Mobilicity for $599?

http://mobilicity.ca/phones/samsung-gal ... ble-white/
Mobilicity one does not have LTE and a slightly different modem chip iirc. Too lazy to check right now. Going out to work soon.
nuwan32 wrote: im guessing this one is locked to mobil?
I bet you an app unlock is already being worked on, assuming it's not already available.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
There's several versions of this phone which is kind of confusing.

Is that special korean version available in Canada?
Apr 23, 2011
914 posts
127 upvotes
TORONTO
champ91 wrote: There's several versions of this phone which is kind of confusing.

Is that special korean version available in Canada?
For model numbers and functionality differences between each, just check wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III

Canada has SGH-T999 and SGH-I747.

SGH-T999 is the model for wind and mobelicity.
SGH-I747 is the model for bell and rogers.

As for the korean model availability... is it even out yet?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4516 posts
159 upvotes
aeobikes wrote: As for the korean model availability... is it even out yet?
i haven't checked, but shouldn't it? samsung usually releases before or at the same time to its home market compared to the international market
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
Korean model was introduced in May. Some of my friends there have it.
Aug 6, 2009
396 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa
Amourek wrote: The one at Newegg is an international version, so it doesn't have LTE either, nor does it support Wind/Mobilicity's 1700 MHz 3G frequency. It does have the quad core CPU tho.
+ it has only 1GB of RAM
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
The Galaxy Nexus works on all carriers including Bell, Rogers, and Wind/Mobi someone said , why didn't they make this one the same way ?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
this is the international i9300 version.
the big difference compared to what we get here.

Exynos 4212 Quad Chipset, Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU

we got a dual core here in canada. this is the beefy quad core cpu. the exynos is no slouch. pure power.
sure you lose LTE but quad core is the way to go people. but you gain a world phone that will work on almost any continent in 3G hence international.
to be honest a lot of ppl were very upset when they found out that canada was only getting the dual core s3. many thought this model was the one we were getting.
nice find op. ordered.
Nov 11, 2005
314 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
Err... the dual cores are the new Cortex A15 cores, vs the last gen A9's in the Quad. I'd be more inclined to take the newer cores, who NEEDS quad? The 2gb of ram is also better.
May 27, 2007
424 posts
123 upvotes
Montreal
indeed as Zerius said above, who needs quad-core in a cellphone, unless you want it become a psp which costs like x4 price of the real one :P. I've been using galaxy s1 since a long time, with only 512mb ram, it's really struggling for running apps, so the 2GB ram version is such a big favor here and of course LTE too. However, that being said, to each their own, some people might just want to have another toy to show off the numbers :P
May 29, 2006
691 posts
225 upvotes
Meh seems like full price to me....will wait for price drop
Dec 19, 2008
107 posts
48 upvotes
GTA
Books wrote: DMB TV is pretty much mobile TV, over-the-air.
About time they introduced old technology into the phones! :lol:
Nov 25, 2007
313 posts
39 upvotes
I don't mean to ask a potentially obviously stupid question but I just dont know the answer to this..

Rogers sell's the phone for $599 outright, why would you buy this phone for $669?

Further to this.. Is there any reason I should not just renew for 3 years with Rogers and do their flex tab thing?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1743 posts
349 upvotes
dotmerix wrote: I don't mean to ask a potentially obviously stupid question but I just dont know the answer to this..

Rogers sell's the phone for $599 outright, why would you buy this phone for $669?

Further to this.. Is there any reason I should not just renew for 3 years with Rogers and do their flex tab thing?
Rogers has dual core version; the op posted the international quad core version.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)