• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2017 4:00 pm
Tags:
Jan 7, 2007
72 posts
12 upvotes
robertz wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 9:16 am
Any other carriers besides Rogers having cell data connection issues on the S7? Thing keeps dropping from LTE to 4G or Edge and then data doesn't work. Restart is required.
Seems more likely it is your phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3444 posts
207 upvotes
I brought Asus Zenfone 2 to Samsung Store and the sales person couldn't find any trade in value for the phone. Is that possible?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2377 posts
427 upvotes
Quebec
sorry to say that, but zenfone 2 doesnt have value...

i know because i own one, that i paid 400$ on newegg when they first came out, now...the only offer i have for this phone on kijiji in quebec is 20$.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3444 posts
207 upvotes
HyperTech wrote:
Dec 26th, 2016 10:47 pm
sorry to say that, but zenfone 2 doesnt have value...

i know because i own one, that i paid 400$ on newegg when they first came out, now...the only offer i have for this phone on kijiji in quebec is 20$.
I agree. I know Zenfone 3 is much better than Zenfone 2 but I'm going to stick with more reputation brands now.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1196 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
erschand wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 10:51 am
Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure all this out. Looking for a Samsung S7 Edge. On Koodo now, happy with it. Is there somewhere in Calgary that will apply the Samsung $200 promo as seen here?

Also, what if I switch to Telus, having Telus home phone/internet/cable. They offer a $200 credit if I sign up plus an additional $5 off per month.

Can I combine the two to make it over $400 off the phone? If so, what shop in Calgary will do that?

Thanks,
ers
im kinda late for this post but note, right now samsung has a promotion, no idea how long it lasts for.

on dec 26th at yorkdale i brought in my note 4 (phone and battery only) and got $140 + $200 trade in credit towards at S7 Edge. so i basically paid $850 + tax - $340

in addition they give you a gear fit 2, that is on back order right now so when more comes in stock they will contact you and you can pick it up at either yorkdale or sherway. im assuming you can sell that for another 160 to 180. after when you get home you can sign up on samsung website create an account and register your new S7 or s7 edge to redeem the level box offer.

note you will need to be upgrading from a previous registered samsung device.

upload your BOS and redeem.

when you receive the level box you can sell for 50-80 bucks since walmart.ca has them for 100
Jan 17, 2009
267 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone suggest a FLAT TEMPERED GLASS screen protector for the Samsung S7 Edge? I've tried the curved and they're awful. Wife wants the smoother feel of glass vs PTE.

I can't seem to find one on Amazon or Ebay.
Jan 4, 2017
1 posts
Hi, I purchased a Galaxy S7 from Wind, which I had unlocked and am now using with Koodo. I was wondering if changing to the Koodo csc would enable LTE as right now it's limited to 3G only. Also would changing the csc enable VoLTE/Wi-fi Calling? And does changing csc trip knox (Will I be able to use Samsung Pay and keep my warranty)?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6226 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
hshot_rooke wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 7:08 pm
Can someone suggest a FLAT TEMPERED GLASS screen protector for the Samsung S7 Edge? I've tried the curved and they're awful. Wife wants the smoother feel of glass vs PTE.

I can't seem to find one on Amazon or Ebay.
So right I've tried 3 curved glass protectors and all suck and just when with an ultra thin matte instead. I guess there's an inherent flaw with the curved glass.
after a while they don't stick anymore and you can forget about using a case with glass.

Wouldn't using a flat tempered glass on a S& edge would expose the sides?
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Jan 17, 2009
267 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Neovingian wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 12:34 pm
So right I've tried 3 curved glass protectors and all suck and just when with an ultra thin matte instead. I guess there's an inherent flaw with the curved glass.
after a while they don't stick anymore and you can forget about using a case with glass.

Wouldn't using a flat tempered glass on a S& edge would expose the sides?
Yeah, the curved ones are really bad...at first we thought there was something wrong with the phone. Turned out the curved glass wasn't sticking properly and was causing unresponsiveness on touch. After we took it off, everything is good.

Yeah, my wife doesn't mind that it exposes the 'EDGE' portion of the phone. She just wants the main screen protected from micro scratches in her purse. I just got a tempered glass for my Pixel and it doesn't go to the edge either as there is a slight curve on the edges as well. Looks and works great.

Now just looking for a flat one for the S7 Edge. Anyone?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
1725 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
Man the S7 was honestly just the pinnacle of Samsung phones last year wasn't it! And all those great deals at the latter half of the year!

Best phone ever
Dec 9, 2007
827 posts
296 upvotes
When does Nougat roll out in Canada? Purchased from Samsung Store...
Jan 12, 2008
752 posts
83 upvotes
Hiya, I have had my S7 (G930W8) from Costco for about a week and I have mixed feelings so far, did i get a dud? Should i refund it? Would like some of your opinions.

First thing i noticed was the SIM card/SD card tray not sitting flush. (Similar to this guys: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/comme ... is_lifted/). I thought it was just me. So i started asking people at work. They noticed it too. I dont see it now that i have a case on it, but it bugs me knowing its there.

Second, at night, i noticed two faint, yet distinct swipe lines (about 3 cm in length) in the middle of the screen. It shows up in the back-ground of multiple apps, particularly in greyish back-grounds, then disappears in black or white backgrounds.

Third, over the past week, it feels like the fingerprint sensor is faulty. I would say it works 1 of 3 or 4 tries. Its quite frustrating. I feel lucky to get it on the first try. I've redone the fingerprints 3 times in the setting menus for both thumbs/index fingers, moving my finger in every angle it could possibly take it. It still persists.

Fourth, i have set up the Always on display to work from 7AM to 12AM. But over the weekend i was up late, i noticed it was still on at 1 AM.

Fifth, i am using accubattery to look at my battery stats, so i am not sure if this is normal, but out of the box, i was already down 100mAh in the capacity. Right now i am sitting at 2900 mAh as opposed to the 3000 mAh. Seems like a silly concern but i do care a lot about battery usage, i hate being tied to a charger.

I have other small nitpicks that are more personal rather than faults of the phone. I dislike that i experience a lot more accidental touches vs my old OPO, no sound profiles or system profiles, finicky accessories like very poor tempered glass options due to the glass curvature. Maybe this phone is just not for me?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5424 posts
238 upvotes
Calgary
eugeneo wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 10:28 am
When does Nougat roll out in Canada? Purchased from Samsung Store...
unfortunately will be dead last after all the canadian carriers (supposed to be mid march)...definitely my last time buying from samsung store
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
8911 posts
673 upvotes
thefeebster wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 2:41 am
Hiya, I have had my S7 (G930W8) from Costco for about a week and I have mixed feelings so far, did i get a dud? Should i refund it? Would like some of your opinions.

First thing i noticed was the SIM card/SD card tray not sitting flush. (Similar to this guys: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/comme ... is_lifted/). I thought it was just me. So i started asking people at work. They noticed it too. I dont see it now that i have a case on it, but it bugs me knowing its there.
I would go back to Costco to exchange. If that doesn't seal properly, water will get in.
Nov 26, 2013
343 posts
170 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've had my S7 Edge for almost a year now and for the last month or so it has really been giving me trouble. It would go into a boot loop but holding down the power and volume down buttons would fix it for a while. Today doing so does not fix the issue at all. This is the last time I buy a Samsung product - time to either go back to iPhone or move to Google's Pixel platform. The phone is still in warranty so I want to try and get it repaired that way. I don't live near a Samsung Experience Store, so what is the best way to file a claim? Through phone? I've tried online under the Samsung Account function. I had gotten a confirmation email but all fields are blank, and there is no ticket online... Chat is useless as they advised me to go all the way to Alberta (from Manitoba? No thank you!) to repair it. Very frustrating.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel