• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2017 4:00 pm
Tags:
Oct 20, 2010
298 posts
34 upvotes
markj wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 10:44 am
unfortunately will be dead last after all the canadian carriers (supposed to be mid march)...definitely my last time buying from samsung store
March 20...about time
S7 Edge update cponfirmed
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2377 posts
427 upvotes
Quebec
Just got my s7 edge for 1 month. I use it daily with a zerolemon battery case. Already have my phone close and not reopen until i sucess to boot into recovery. What i hate the most, its the update notice you cant make it disappear for good. Always come back. Other than that, this phone with zerolemon battery case is a beast. I can use it all day full bright all data,wifi,Bluetooth and gps on and still have lots of juice before going to the bed. I had to order it when i was in usa, here its sell at 160$ cad for a case....
Jan 13, 2017
20 posts
8 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
It's finally here! Manually check for updates. Go, go, go!
Oct 20, 2010
298 posts
34 upvotes
Bell, Sakstel, Wind, Eastlink and Virgin are officially getting it already.
Some people on Fido( on reddit) reported getting it as well.
On Rogers still nothing, for now
Jan 13, 2017
20 posts
8 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
So far so good, download and update was pretty fast. Like the new UI, don't think I need Good Lock anymore.
Need to look up a changelog and see if I'm missing any new features.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
2838 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
What carrier SIMs do not install bloatware upon first insertion?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2004
1649 posts
11 upvotes
For those who have updated, how's the update? I read that Nougat had a battery drain issue for S7/S7 Edge. Wondering if they fixed that.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2377 posts
427 upvotes
Quebec
anyone with telus receive the update? mine doesnt show up....yet
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5424 posts
238 upvotes
Calgary
toejammcgee wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 10:34 am
So far so good, download and update was pretty fast. Like the new UI, don't think I need Good Lock anymore.
Need to look up a changelog and see if I'm missing any new features.
what about the notifications cards like for new texts? are they themable or always white? that is one of the best parts of good lock so i hope it does come out for nougat..
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2318 posts
979 upvotes
Montreal
Ya the interface looks a bit confusing but will probably get used to 7.0 in a week or so. The notifactions are hard to read
Jan 19, 2009
59 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
I had similar problem on my S7, took to Samsung repair center and they replaced motherboard under warranty. You may want to check there.
ReaperEXE wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 12:33 pm
I've had my S7 Edge for almost a year now and for the last month or so it has really been giving me trouble. It would go into a boot loop but holding down the power and volume down buttons would fix it for a while. Today doing so does not fix the issue at all. This is the last time I buy a Samsung product - time to either go back to iPhone or move to Google's Pixel platform. The phone is still in warranty so I want to try and get it repaired that way. I don't live near a Samsung Experience Store, so what is the best way to file a claim? Through phone? I've tried online under the Samsung Account function. I had gotten a confirmation email but all fields are blank, and there is no ticket online... Chat is useless as they advised me to go all the way to Alberta (from Manitoba? No thank you!) to repair it. Very frustrating.
Jun 1, 2008
491 posts
75 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The S7/S7 Edge update went live this morning. I downloaded it at 12:01 AM and my phone was up and running at 12:24. So far so good, feels snappy but I just wish they kept the dark settings menu.
May 7, 2009
12 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought my S7 from Samsung directly and I'm on Public Mobile. Anyone know when I will get Nougat?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5424 posts
238 upvotes
Calgary
rubix1225 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:18 pm
I bought my S7 from Samsung directly and I'm on Public Mobile. Anyone know when I will get Nougat?
im in the same boat, seems like we get it dead last which is about now or next week since they usually come out mondays...
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel