• Sep 25th, 2017 9:29 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
kangarooz wrote: Right was just reposting what i read in an USA based article :P

I have used an S7e, S8, G5, G6, all with overseas chargers and I can tell you quick charge works you just need a travel adapter.
Which part is the travel adapter?
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Nov 17, 2016
288 posts
177 upvotes
Additional information for anyone considering buying phone from ebay:
I regret now buying phone from this seller as seller uses "Global Shipping Program". This is not a good option that substantially increases delivery time. I bought a phone from never_msrp few months ago and it was delivered in 2 days. But with this "Global Shipping Program" my phone will be shipped to some center in USA, processed there and then shipped to Canada. This is not a good option and should be avoided as much as possible.

So my suggestion - if you are looking for the phone, please avoid ebay sellers that use "Global Shipping Program" or your shippment will take long time!
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just buy it off from someone here on BST. Pay a bit more or even less to save the headache of shipping back and a peace of mind.
Nov 17, 2016
288 posts
177 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: Just buy it off from someone here on BST. Pay a bit more or even less to save the headache of shipping back and a peace of mind.
Hi, problem is that here in Canada same phone cost more. Even from this RedflagDeals BST list prices are much higher comparing to USA prices.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
Vi20161128 wrote: Additional information for anyone considering buying phone from ebay:
I regret now buying phone from this seller as seller uses "Global Shipping Program". This is not a good option that substantially increases delivery time. I bought a phone from never_msrp few months ago and it was delivered in 2 days. But with this "Global Shipping Program" my phone will be shipped to some center in USA, processed there and then shipped to Canada. This is not a good option and should be avoided as much as possible.

So my suggestion - if you are looking for the phone, please avoid ebay sellers that use "Global Shipping Program" or your shippment will take long time!
Yup, I rather pay the $40 difference and have it shipped faster.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Vi20161128 wrote: Hi, problem is that here in Canada same phone cost more. Even from this RedflagDeals BST list prices are much higher comparing to USA prices.
If you buy it from the US and bring it over here you won't have warranty unless you ship it back to their warranty department in the US. If you bought it here then you can have it serviced here. Samsung does not have international warranty like Apple does, surprisingly not especially since they want to compete with Apple.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
The U version is also available from the Microsoft Store here but do wait for the discount...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Nov 17, 2016
288 posts
177 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: If you buy it from the US and bring it over here you won't have warranty unless you ship it back to their warranty department in the US. If you bought it here then you can have it serviced here. Samsung does not have international warranty like Apple does, surprisingly not especially since they want to compete with Apple.
You are absolutely right about warranty, but if you buy phone here from person and not a business (example BST forum), you have no idea if that phone is Canadian or USA. There is probably a way to find that out, but how many buyers would know that?
At the very end I decided to risk and save 250$. It is most expensive phone by far I ever bought, but I realized that at home I spend so much more time on the phone instead of computer/laptop
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
They have it available on newegg.ca the dual sim international version same thing no warranty as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
cheystar wrote: They have it available on newegg.ca the dual sim international version same thing no warranty as well.
$1130 with tax and no warranty - wow.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
I spoke to Samsung on the phone they said warranty can't be claimed in Canada, but can be sent to a service centre abroad, they will honour the warranty apparently newegg is an authorized dealer. Don't see any advantage buying it besides the dual sim. Also the hassle of sending it abroad to get it fixed too. Newegg.ca also had the canadian version with the canadian warranty for $1039+tax if anyone looking to buy straight out.
kool1 wrote: $1130 with tax and no warranty - wow.
Mar 23, 2015
537 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Hi,

Can someone confirm please that G955FD would work on Rogers/Fido network and that there will no issue with LTE

Currently eGlobalcentral.com has it for 704 USD (You can get also 12 off with a referral coupon). Price seem decent but also no warranty.

Anyone has seen a better price than eGlobalcentral.com one ?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
blackCold wrote: Hi,

Can someone confirm please that G955FD would work on Rogers/Fido network and that there will no issue with LTE

Currently eGlobalcentral.com has it for 704 USD (You can get also 12 off with a referral coupon). Price seem decent but also no warranty.

Thanks!
I have the lower model and predecessor to this phone, the S7 SM-G930FD it supports the same bands.

I've received download speeds of 100Mbs at Pearson Airport before so it works pretty well on Rogers/Fido! OP can confirm though.

It works everywhere but probably Japan, https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatib ... m-2/canada
Nov 17, 2016
288 posts
177 upvotes
blackCold wrote: Hi,

Thanks!
I have exactly this model G955FD and it works with FIDO without problems - shows as 4G and on fast.com speed shows as 59Mbps.
I bougt in the past another phone from this seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy- ... 1898049004
Ships fast directly without using Global Shipping Program. Price 639US$ + 20$US Shipping + customs fee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)