• Apr 16th, 2017 1:08 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 21, 2005
157 posts
77 upvotes
North York, ON

Samsung ks8000

I'm looking to get a Samsung KS8000 UHDTV. Preferably 60", but I think the 65" is not much more so that might be a better option.

My question is, now that the 2017 models are out, is it a good time to get one as stores try to clear out their old 2016 stock? Should I wait a little longer? I'd prefer to pay less than $1500 if I can. The 65" model is available for $1550 CAD at B&H, but I'd like to get one in Canada if I can.

Thanks.
1 reply
Apr 16, 2012
455 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Best Buy hasn't reduced the price it seems. It also seems to be sold out in most places.

I purchased this TV from B&H back in November with the SquareTrade warranty and I was assured by both B&H and SquareTrade that the warranty is good in Canada. So no worries there. I haven't had a single issue with the TV yet, however. It's been absolutely fantastic, and Samsung continue to update it with improvements and new features. For example, the TV recently received Hybrid Log Gamma support (which is an HDR format that will be used by cable/satellite providers for broadcast HDR) and it may also get a dynamic metadata for HDR10 update.

I'd say go with B&H. It's cheaper and definitely worth it.