Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

SAMSUNG LN22A450 NEW $347.77 While Quantities last

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2008 9:44 am
Tags:
None
Nov 8, 2006
127 posts
7 upvotes

[Best Buy] SAMSUNG LN22A450 NEW $347.77 While Quantities last

Wally World (wal-mart) has this TV in their WHY WAIT Flyer. Effective from Dec 19th-31st. This is brand new not a refurb. B.B. sells this TV for 499.99.

http://www.eoutletcanada.com/p-235-sams ... 2a450.aspx

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... atid=23243

I purchased one today. Most stores don't have them in yet. They are in transit (snow storm)
16 replies
Dec 10, 2006
139 posts
This is a refurbed unit as the website notes. Clearly says (refurb, Like New)

:(
May 29, 2003
77 posts
30 upvotes
mlamanne wrote: This is a refurbed unit as the website notes. Clearly says (refurb, Like New)

:(
Really? The O/P didn't or couldn't give a link to the "WALMART, WHY WAIT" flyer. Maybe you could find one http://www.walmart.ca/wps-portal/storel ... 9787174069 Where does it say refurb? The O/P gives a link to a cheaper refurb and a link to a new unit at BB........ Not for me, but seems like a good deal for a NEW unit for someone.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
I think 32" is the sweet spot for LCD TV's right now. There have been numerous models, including the Samsung LN32A450, go on for $499.99. That's $15.6/an inch, compared to $15.82 an inch ;) . I'm sure it's a solid TV if you can't accommodate a 32" size.
Nov 8, 2006
127 posts
7 upvotes
The 22" is perfect for the bedroom or the trailler.If you go camping you can take it with you.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
mmm if this was a 32" for 400ish i woulda jumped on it haha :)

still a good deal

thx op
Nov 8, 2006
127 posts
7 upvotes
You can always buy cheaper or larger. But inch for inch this is very pleasent to the eye true blacks a very solid tv. Believe me I did alot of homework on this. You won't find a better price for this TV.
Nov 8, 2006
127 posts
7 upvotes
Bollocks your WRONG. That's a monitor and being a monitor with a componet tuner it is not vesa mountable for a wall. If this was a monitor I would have posted it that way. It a true HDTV and it can be used as a monitor. Please do your homework before you slam this post. Besides I'm not telling you to buy it but the price is VERY HOT. Again the post title say SAMSUNG LN22A450 not just any 22".
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
time wrote: Bollocks your WRONG. That's a monitor and being a monitor with a componet tuner it is not vesa mountable for a wall. If this was a monitor I would have posted it that way. It a true HDTV and it can be used as a monitor. Please do your homework before you slam this post. Besides I'm not telling you to buy it but the price is VERY HOT. Again the post title say SAMSUNG LN22A450 not just any 22".
You want to mount a 22" TV?

However aside from lack of mounting and peared down inputs I can't see how Bollocks product couldn't serve the same needs as the OP for $80 less.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2464 posts
70 upvotes
NG wrote: You want to mount a 22" TV?
I'm totally going to do that in my washroom... eventually.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
time wrote: Focus on the post.
As we are and Bollock has provided an option for $80 less that's basically the same thing if someone doesn't need to mount a 22" TV (WTF?) and only need a barebones set of inputs.
nuberific wrote: I'm totally going to do that in my washroom... eventually.
95% of 22" TVs will sit on their included stand in someones bedroom or kitchen IMO. The remaining 5% will usher in a new world order of tv screens everywhere like how you describe. Personally I can't wait...
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Nov 8, 2006
127 posts
7 upvotes
NG You are the reason I don't normally post. I think you make your own stats up. Which shows you really have nothing important to say. I have a tv mount in my trailler. one in my bedroom. My 40 LCD is mounted in my sunroom and my 60" is mounted in my theater room and 52" in my family room So I'm 100% of your 5%. It keeps them off the ground it takes up less room and the kids don't stand in front of them to block the view.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
NG wrote: 95% of 22" TVs will sit on their included stand in someones bedroom or kitchen IMO. The remaining 5% will usher in a new world order of tv screens everywhere like how you describe. Personally I can't wait...
time wrote: NG You are the reason I don't normally post. I think you make your own stats up. Which shows you really have nothing important to say.
Did you miss the IMO?

Regardless man Bollack's deal is good. I'm not saying your deal isn't good either but if someone would rather keep the cash and lose having the chance to mount a 22" TV or have a bevy of jacks then Bollack's post was useful and welcome.
Feb 25, 2006
470 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
Actually, I find this deal quite hot. I've been in the market for a small TV to put on a stand (Limited space). FS had it on sale for $399 1/2 weeks ago and I've been waiting for the price to dip a little lower.

The T220HD is a pretty good deal, but I'd still pay more for this.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
joepinchpenny wrote: Actually, I find this deal quite hot. I've been in the market for a small TV to put on a stand (Limited space). FS had it on sale for $399 1/2 weeks ago and I've been waiting for the price to dip a little lower.

The T220HD is a pretty good deal, but I'd still pay more for this.

+1 I'd have to agree. I sit really close to my small tv this is a better unit for me for that application. I'd love the 26a330 if the price was right, 32a450 seems like it might be kinda big for where i wanna put it.

Also I don't think the T220 has proper VESA mounts which is epic fail. There are some places where it would just be better to mount even tho it's small. Or if you wanted to use them around a store for display etc. I've also read about a lot of quality control problems with the T220 but who knows could just be isolated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)