• Jan 8th, 2010 6:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 14, 2009
129 posts
3 upvotes

Samsung LN52B610

Went into a local mom and pop and was talking to the saleperson who quoted me a price of $1570 for the Sammy LN52B610.

Right now this TV is $1699 (on sale, normal price is $1999) at FS and $1999 at Best Buy. Was wondering what people thought of the price and if anyone has seen it for lower in the GTA.

Also, any one with experiences using the b610? I'm pretty set on this one as it has most of the features I'm looking for and is the right size for my basement but I always like to hear personal experiences. I've googled it and it has gotten some positive reviews. Obviously it is not as stacked as a b750 but those are pretty much non-existent now so it's non-issue for me.

Thanks for any advice or input.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2003
1319 posts
70 upvotes
Great TV, got one just before Xmas. Make sure you get one with SQ01 panel, though i think most of the new ones made in DEC 09 are SQ01.

you should try for $1500 or less. that's the price that Bestbuy had it for sale 2 days in Nov and also Bricks during boxing day. shop around bit more. I got it for that price + 2% CC charge from a small shop here in Vancouver. Supposedly 1500 is the cost of this TV, but then there might be manufacturer incentives to make it profitable for them to sell at this price, but who knows.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2009
129 posts
3 upvotes
nuropa wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 2:56 pm
Great TV, got one just before Xmas. Make sure you get one with SQ01 panel, though i think most of the new ones made in DEC 09 are SQ01.

you should try for $1500 or less. that's the price that Bestbuy had it for sale 2 days in Nov and also Bricks during boxing day. shop around bit more. I got it for that price + 2% CC charge from a small shop here in Vancouver. Supposedly 1500 is the cost of this TV, but then there might be manufacturer incentives to make it profitable for them to sell at this price, but who knows.
Thanks for the info and the insight into the tv. I will keep that price in mind when I'm looking at making my final purchase. Thanks