Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung Pay

25 AM when you shop at 3 or more AIR MILES Partners in a week and scan your AM card from the Samsung Pay app

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2020 3:47 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2135 posts
1933 upvotes

25 AM when you shop at 3 or more AIR MILES Partners in a week and scan your AM card from the Samsung Pay app

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 31, 2020
Retailer:
Samsung Pay
Looks like the deal from last year has been extended until the end of 2020.
Samsung phone owners can get 25 AM per week when shopping at AirMiles partners (Shell, Metro, Rona, etc) and scanning their card from within the Samsung Pay application. New users can add their collector number to the app and get a one time bonus of 25 AM.

This is not new but it was supposed to end Dec 31st 2019.

Terms and Conditions
Base Offer: Tap to use Card: Get 25 AIR MILES® Reward Miles when you use Samsung Pay to show your AIR MILES Card at participating AIR MILES Partners 3 or more times each week (Monday through Sunday) between March 4, 2019 and December 31, 2020. Click “Tap to Use Card” and scan or show your AIR MILES Card via Samsung Pay.2

2 Offer available to AIR MILES® Collectors who: (a) own a qualifying Samsung Galaxy device: S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, S9, S9+, S10, S10e, S10+, A70, A5, A8, Note5, Note8, Note9 or Note10; (b) have activated and registered Samsung Pay on their qualifying Samsung device; (c) have linked their AIR MILES Collector Number to their valid Samsung Account, and (d) have added the linked AIR MILES Collector Number to the Samsung Pay Wallet (in the Membership section). You must click “Tap to Use Card” and scan or show your AIR MILES Card via Samsung Pay at an AIR MILES Partner. No purchase required. Participating AIR MILES Partners can be found at airmiles.ca. Any transactions using the AIR MILES Card in Samsung Pay must occur at least 5 minutes apart. Limit of 25 Miles per Collector Number per week. This offer may be cancelled or amended at any time.

Bonus Offer: Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles for linking your AIR MILES Collector Number to your Samsung Account between March 4, 2019 and December 31, 2020.1

1 Offer is available to AIR MILES Collectors who link their AIR MILES Collector Number to their Samsung Account between March 4, 2019 and December 31, 2020 by accessing samsung.com, using the “Log In” button at the top right corner of the page and following the online instructions to enter your Collector Number. If you do not have a Samsung Account, you may create it at samsung.com. If you have forgotten your Samsung Account ID or password, you may retrieve them at samsung.com by clicking on the “Log In” button. Limit of one offer and one Collector Number per Samsung Account to a maximum of 5 Samsung Accounts per Collector Number. This offer may be cancelled or amended at any time.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7983 posts
11533 upvotes
I've seen these type of offers always pop up in the S Pay app but from day 1 I haven't been able to use my air miles card via S Pay because it adds an extra digit to the card number. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2135 posts
1933 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: I've seen these type of offers always pop up in the S Pay app but from day 1 I haven't been able to use my air miles card via S Pay because it adds an extra digit to the card number. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Mine added an 8 but it worked perfectly since adding it. I think you can safely ignore that, whether it's a 0 or 8.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7983 posts
11533 upvotes
smackioio wrote: Mine added an 8 but it worked perfectly since adding it. I think you can safely ignore that, whether it's a 0 or 8.
Mine added a 9.

When I tried getting scanned back who knows when at Shell it didn't work because that's not a valid AM number.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3419 posts
1356 upvotes
I'm not getting the bonus miles from Samsung for some reason
Oct 12, 2011
877 posts
725 upvotes
CARP
I'm not getting the bonus miles. I talked to them in chat and they comped me 25, but it has never worked even since.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2135 posts
1933 upvotes
ImpKnight wrote: I'm not getting the bonus miles. I talked to them in chat and they comped me 25, but it has never worked even since.
Well, I got them all, including the seasonal offers when they would give you 2 x 25 AMs. You have to remember that transactions have to be 5 mins apart to count and that you have to have 3 transactions per week (Mon to Sun) at AM partners.
May 13, 2017
95 posts
157 upvotes
Ontario
smackioio wrote: Well, I got them all, including the seasonal offers when they would give you 2 x 25 AMs. You have to remember that transactions have to be 5 mins apart to count and that you have to have 3 transactions per week (Mon to Sun) at AM partners.
Likewise! I made around 950 AM just showing my card on the app last year, and I didn't use it every week.
All miles except the last two weeks have posted.
Comparing that to the effort and cost to receive 800 AM on the last Shop the Block promotion, it's a winner for me.
Looking forward to another good year.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1270 posts
1550 upvotes
Kitchener
Probably shouldn't tell the mases but eh its not so many air miles:

Samsun has no way to track if a card is scanned or not. All samsung can send airmiles is that you opened the app and tapped use hte card.. So you can do it anytime at home. I believe you do have to have at least earned 1 AM that week (which is actually unfair cuz I've legit bought lunch at sobeys 3 times a week, and that is not enough to earn 1 AM (lunch is $4-5, = 15 tops , min spend $20 to get 1 in week, but this offer has no min spend).

But yea earn some air miles however u like, open the app and tap it whenever a few times a week and u get them. So even if it's broken, youll get them.

Btw even tho the number is wrong, the barcode is generally correct. Airmiles barcode # on your actual card itself is actually not the full number anyways. Even when scanned from the barcode properly on your card. If you read your own card with any scanner app, youll see it always has leading 00s and trailing 0 (Not sure why hte 8 shows up, maybe yours does indeed have the hidden 8)

Ofcourse it still can screw up because some stores scanners they just know never works, so they go and ask to see it to manually type it in, add the trailing 0 or 8 and it doesns't work. (Most of there systems do allow them to manually enter too many digits)

And there is a workaround for that ,samsung pay does allow you make custom cards. So you can make your own airmiles card, it will generate a barcode that works (at some places YMMV), and it won't show any extra number. (That said when you go to pay, probably try to make of habit of opening both the default one that doesnt work, and ur own custom one, since the default one has to be tapped for this offer)

That said, some stores can handle the custom one, or other proper apps that generate the barcode itself based on the actual number and hte barcode with the trailing zeros, others cant. (Personally my local shell i've tested works with both on samsung pay, and the guy working there is great, and he always tells me I'm literally the only one that works for. I tested the airmiles app itself, and yea it doesnt work heh).

Personally even tho my samsung pay works 90% of hte time, I have it on a backup app - Virtual cards, which is a bit meh overall, but does full a much larger barcode that some crap scanners can scan better, and allows you to fully customize barcodes so I have a custom one thats different, and there default (Which when you scan my card, it adds a trailing 0 and leading 0). In the 1/10 samsung pay doesn't work, virtualcards has. So anywhere with a scanner i've been good to go. (plus played this game long enough to memorize my #, so I just tell the cashier if there scanner is non existant or otherwise broken to avoid them reading the extra digits).

PPS: Stocard generates yet another different sized barcode. Don't necessarily recommend it for air miles, but in general it's the best loyalty card app for canada out there for now. Esp since google doesn't seem to give a shit about canada for google pay, everything on its outdated and cant add custom cards to fix it.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2135 posts
1933 upvotes
Eleventeen wrote: Probably shouldn't tell the mases but eh its not so many air miles:

Samsun has no way to track if a card is scanned or not.
Actually they do. They check the time of your transaction and if the Samsung Pay was open and your card selected (AM) in that same interval of plus or minus 5 secs it would get counted. Plus, you have to scan the card, so your unique AM number is coming from somewhere...yes, you can present the physical card but at least have to have the app open and the AM card selected in the app.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2019
1058 posts
955 upvotes
No digit have been added for me. Can I screenshot the Air Miles card opened up in Samsung Pay and use it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)