Jun 19, 2009
5246 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Kishnabe wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 2:07 pm
In for 5 seperate timbits.
Face With Tears Of Joy

Can I top up my Presto card 5 separate times to qualify? Not sure if I can use Samsung Pay at those Presto machines

Edit: Just tried it myself, Confirmed you can use it to top up your Presto card and it'll count towards the 5 purchase requirement.
Dec 20, 2012
86 posts
31 upvotes
Surrey
cbt123 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 5:41 am
Been a while, last time I remember that they did a promo was when I got a free pair of Gear Icon X Ear Buds for using Samsung Pay in like October or November.
So you were one of those few lucky customers. Must be nice.
Nov 15, 2009
40 posts
12 upvotes
In Toronto? Just load your presto 5 times.
Sep 14, 2017
118 posts
41 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 2:14 pm
Face With Tears Of Joy

Can I top up my Presto card 5 separate times to qualify? Not sure if I can use Samsung Pay at those Presto machines

Edit: Just tried it myself, Confirmed you can use it to top up your Presto card and it'll count towards the 5 purchase requirement.
Did you have to wait between transactions?
I just loaded 3 times and it only counted as 1.
Sep 12, 2012
588 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
nstlgsnv wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 5:48 pm
Did you have to wait between transactions?
I just loaded 3 times and it only counted as 1.
You need to wait 5 minutes in between each purchase.
Nov 24, 2016
118 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
Is anyone elses app not updating? I made a purchase on the 12th and it still said 5 purchases remaining. Today I made another payment with Samsung pay and it still said 5 purchases remaining. I made both purchases at Tim's.
Sep 14, 2017
118 posts
41 upvotes
hamandcheese wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 5:57 pm
You need to wait 5 minutes in between each purchase.
Ah, that's why. Thanks
Feb 4, 2014
64 posts
36 upvotes
Lethbridge
jdayellow wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 6:00 pm
Is anyone elses app not updating? I made a purchase on the 12th and it still said 5 purchases remaining. Today I made another payment with Samsung pay and it still said 5 purchases remaining. I made both purchases at Tim's.
Same here. I made four purchases after activating the promo, but it still says "5 purchases away from reward"...

After using Google Pay I find Samsung Pay irritating. To use it, you have to unlock the phone, open the app, select the credit card, and scan your fingerprint. It requires too many steps and does not work half the time. The only advantage is that you can use it at Walmart, but when using at Walmart you also have to sign the receipt after it's printed, resulting in a total of five ridiculous steps.
Last edited by parshakov on Mar 14th, 2019 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 5, 2012
152 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
jdayellow wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 6:00 pm
Try removing the card from the app and re-adding it. I had the same problem last promo, tried that and it worked.

Edit: You'd have to make the purchases again. It's possible the app just takes time to update. If you remove the card the purchases you made will probably be forfeited.
Nov 24, 2016
118 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
angelfish82 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:03 am
Try removing the card from the app and re-adding it. I had the same problem last promo, tried that and it worked.

Edit: You'd have to make the purchases again. It's possible the app just takes time to update. If you remove the card the purchases you made will probably be forfeited.
Damn ok that's not worth it then. I already made 3 purchases and not willing to make more frivolous purchases just for a $10 tims card. Thanks anyways.
parshakov wrote:
Same here. I made four purchases after activating the promo, but it still says "5 purchases away from reward"...

After using Google Pay I find Samsung Pay irritating. To use it, you have to unlock the phone, open the app, select the credit card, and scan your fingerprint. It requires too many steps and does not work half the time. The only advantage is that you can use it at Walmart.
I enjoy using Samsung pay because it requires verification to use it. For Google Pay anybody can grab my phone and make purchases which feels insecure to me. Plus, it works that non-tap places which always shocks the cashiers.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3649 posts
846 upvotes
GTA
parshakov wrote:

After using Google Pay I find Samsung Pay irritating. To use it, you have to unlock the phone, open the app, select the credit card, and scan your fingerprint. It requires too many steps and does not work half the time. The only advantage is that you can use it at Walmart, but when using at Walmart you also have to sign the receipt after it's printed, resulting in a total of five ridiculous steps.
You can set an option called Favourite Cards.

In Samsung Pay settings, under Favourite Cards, choose your most used card(s) and set it to swipe from lockscreen (or home screen or even when screen is off).

Makes it a bit faster
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1664 posts
209 upvotes
Hamilton
smackioio wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 8:40 am
Samsung Pay only works on Samsung Phones. All other phones use Google Pay (android non Samsung) or Apple Pay (for Apple phones). The reason it works only on Samsung phones is because Samsung has a modified UI for Android, customized and secured (Knox) , therefore their security is a bit better than the regular Android OS. Some other providers do that, like LG, but I still prefer Samsung.
I can use my Samsung watch on a Razer phone 2 and it works good.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5246 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Refilled my presto 5x (over 2 days) and Just redeemed the $10 digital gift card into my Tim Hortons app. Thanks for the deal!
Nov 14, 2012
562 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I finally have a credit card that is supported by Samsung pay, my Brim MasterCard. So I'm glad to be able to get in on this promotion. Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13513 posts
3780 upvotes
Montreal
rrmortiss wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 2:52 pm
Correct. Purchases can be made anywhere, I think they meant 10 timbits because they are a dime each, lol.
LOL, when is the last time you bought an individual Timbit?
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!