Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Pay 5x for $10 Tim Card

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1416 posts
832 upvotes
Can 1 use more than 1 samsung pay account on 1 phone/device?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1152 posts
290 upvotes
Redeemed today, took advantage of it to pick up lunch, came to the conclusion that food at Tim Horton's is terrible...

:p
Apr 18, 2011
153 posts
54 upvotes
LuxErus wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 2:03 pm
I just tried to use Samsung Pay, everything was fine on my phone, but the payment wasn't going through. NFC was "on" in my settings...

It's not the first time I have this issue.

Is there any way to test it without being at a terminal, ready to pay? It's a bit awkward to be trying to pay and having people waiting behind you, and having to get your wallet in the end. I guess I could try the McDonald's self-ordering kiosk outside of peak hours when there's no one...
The "NFC and payment" setting doesn't need to be "On" to use Samsung Pay. I use SPay all the time and this setting is not "On" (explicitly) on my S7 and S9+. Pretty sure the SPay app turns NFC on when you pay and off when you're done. The setting needs to be "On" if you use Google Pay on your Sammy.

Anyway, I had issues getting SPay to work on my S7 (US model) but eventually got it to work after clearing the cache for both Samsung Pay Framework and Samsung Pay under Settings > Apps.
Aug 27, 2014
361 posts
182 upvotes
barkwing wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:38 pm
The "NFC and payment" setting doesn't need to be "On" to use Samsung Pay. I use SPay all the time and this setting is not "On" (explicitly) on my S7 and S9+. Pretty sure the SPay app turns NFC on when you pay and off when you're done. The setting needs to be "On" if you use Google Pay on your Sammy.

Anyway, I had issues getting SPay to work on my S7 (US model) but eventually got it to work after clearing the cache for both Samsung Pay Framework and Samsung Pay under Settings > Apps.
I mean I was checking that NFC turned on by itself when in "paying mode" with Samsung Pay, which it seems to do when NFC is otherwise off.

I'll try clearing the cache. I've resetted the app (it's an option within it, it deletes all the cards and the acts as if opening the app for the first time).

The time I experience the issue and that led me here, the swap "mode" didn't even seem to work. But I was trying to pay with tap to pay at some other place and it wouldn't work, and I placed it near the magnetic reader instead and that worked. If needed I'll do the promo that way...
Aug 27, 2014
361 posts
182 upvotes
dunlop wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:18 pm
Redeemed today, took advantage of it to pick up lunch, came to the conclusion that food at Tim Horton's is terrible...

:p
I'm not even sure why I'm doing this promo other than due to being addicted to free gift cards. I think I'll use it on donuts to bring to my parents.
Apr 18, 2011
153 posts
54 upvotes
LuxErus wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:12 pm
I mean I was checking that NFC turned on by itself when in "paying mode" with Samsung Pay, which it seems to do when NFC is otherwise off.

I'll try clearing the cache. I've resetted the app (it's an option within it, it deletes all the cards and the acts as if opening the app for the first time).

The time I experience the issue and that led me here, the swap "mode" didn't even seem to work. But I was trying to pay with tap to pay at some other place and it wouldn't work, and I placed it near the magnetic reader instead and that worked. If needed I'll do the promo that way...
Some terminals can be finicky and I've experienced my share especially if the NFC reader and MST are in close proximity. If the terminal has both and the MST reader is on the right side, then I usually approach from the left to use tap. There have been times where I thought I had used tap (i.e. check mark in SPay app and pulse stopped) but the pay method was shown as "swipe" on the receipt.
Jan 4, 2019
21 posts
81 upvotes
T3h 2l4
I'd live to use this promo, but on my Chinese Note 8 Duos there is the Chinese version on Samsung Pay app, it only shows me Chinese promos.

Does anyone have an idea how to convert the app into a Canadian?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2384 posts
1037 upvotes
FYI to all... looks like all the Tim cards have been claimed, even if you were already registered.

I had two transactions left to make but looks like i'm SOL.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1317 posts
2115 upvotes
Just got my 5 and found out its gone.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
RubberCheese wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 5:40 pm
FYI to all... looks like all the Tim cards have been claimed, even if you were already registered.

I had two transactions left to make but looks like i'm SOL.
Where does it say it's all claimed?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1830 posts
312 upvotes
Hamilton
I got lucky. Got my card about 2 hrs ago
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2384 posts
1037 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:07 pm
Where does it say it's all claimed?
Click "check status" and you will see this message
Screenshot_20190315-181713_Samsung Pay.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
RubberCheese wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:18 pm
Click "check status" and you will see this message

Screenshot_20190315-181713_Samsung Pay.jpg
When I do the check status, it just says 1 purchase away from reward, doesn't say they are all claimed.

Maybe since I registered earlier this week, they reserved a spot for me since I did 4 purchases already?