[Samsung Pay] Free $20 Cineplex + $10 Ultimate Dining egift card offers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 12:14 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4264 posts
2094 upvotes
Kitchener
I dunno, I have a US Galaxy S8 and it REALLY likes to show me US promotions, I don't see these gift card promos.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1304 posts
172 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:22 pm
I dunno, I have a US Galaxy S8 and it REALLY likes to show me US promotions, I don't see these gift card promos.
Same with my US Note 8. And even if I do the US promos, I don't get the rewards. I don't think there is a way of getting the Canadian Samsung pay to work on US devices.

I can add a CIBC debit card, but not an Amex or CIBC Visa to the US one. Was looking to see if there's a different apk for the Canadian version or if it's just location based, but didn't find anything.
Jan 3, 2003
301 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Interesting glitch.

Tried to tap too big a value on my Scotiabank debit and got the typical tap limit exceeded message, paid with a credit card instead. But after the next transaction, which was only my fourth successful transaction, received both cards. The unsuccessful tap was counted as one of the five qualifying.
Dec 31, 2008
120 posts
64 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
cbt123 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:26 pm
Same with my US Note 8. And even if I do the US promos, I don't get the rewards. I don't think there is a way of getting the Canadian Samsung pay to work on US devices.

I can add a CIBC debit card, but not an Amex or CIBC Visa to the US one. Was looking to see if there's a different apk for the Canadian version or if it's just location based, but didn't find anything.
I have a US S7 and I can't even add my CIBC debit card. It must be based on the phone model or firmware (I have the Sprint variant).
Jun 24, 2015
56 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
it said I was eligible but I waited for 2 days. nothing. called and they said to make one more purchase again cuz they had a glitch so when I did, I got the emails right away. :)
Feb 5, 2017
72 posts
44 upvotes
Received the $20 Cineplex email about 2 minutes after my 5th transaction!
Oct 26, 2016
66 posts
92 upvotes
Made my 5th purchase and immediately got my email 5 seconds later!
Thanks op or I would have known since they don't give push notifications
Aug 3, 2004
108 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
i add american express airmiles credit card but samsung pay didn't work at Mcds...tried for 2 days, called american expresss..and told me it should work? What am I doing wrong? appreciate any help
Dec 3, 2009
139 posts
7 upvotes
Made my 5th purchase about an hour ago but did not receive an email.
My email info is entered into my profile settings.

Any suggestions? Perhaps the deal has reached its limit?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7658 posts
1366 upvotes
Didn't read all thread but is there any way to take advantage of this for non-samsung phone?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1167 posts
657 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:09 pm
Didn't read all thread but is there any way to take advantage of this for non-samsung phone?
The Samsung Pay app is very restrictive; it only works on late-model Samsung phones which are not rooted and for which Knox is not tripped; it does not work on any other phones.
May 2, 2015
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Samsung pay in Canada works only on Canadian versions of the phone. I guess its linked to CES. I used to have HK Note 8 and recently replaced with Rogers version just for Samsung Pay. Good or bad, current Samsung phones are extremely good at security.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8409 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
I just finished 5 purchases last night, but still not receive the $20 GC yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Oct 26, 2016
66 posts
92 upvotes
can2000 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:20 am
I just finished 5 purchases last night, but still not receive the $20 GC yet.
pentiumvi wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 6:58 pm
Made my 5th purchase about an hour ago but did not receive an email.
My email info is entered into my profile settings.

Any suggestions? Perhaps the deal has reached its limit?
For you two, try ensuring that you have both email and phone number updated in settings, it's been working for the rest of us that way
davy wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:04 am
i add american express airmiles credit card but samsung pay didn't work at Mcds...tried for 2 days, called american expresss..and told me it should work? What am I doing wrong? appreciate any help
For sure McD works cause I've been using it for half my purchases lol. Just make sure the usual.. have NFC on and hold the phone to the side of the magnetic stripe in case, sometimes I find that holding it near the nap may become an issue for readers that require chip only and not NFC tap