Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Samsung PN51D450/440 51" 720P Plasma $499 At Electronics & Furniture, GTA Only,PM BB?

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2012 7:13 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

Samsung PN51D450/440 51" 720P Plasma $499 At Electronics & Furniture, GTA Only,PM BB?

This little company here in the GTA with 5 stores has this well liked 720P (1360 x 768) 51" plasma in their ad on page 17 of the 24 Hour paper today. This can be seen online on the 24 Hour site although the address changes as the new paper comes out. This company claims that these are new, that they are authorized, and come with a 3 month exchange from them and a 1 year manufacturers warranty. Limited quantities. It might need further research, though. For the PN51D450 it might be possible to get a PM at BB/FS ($599) for $467. Worth a try, but very YMMV.

This display is rated well, and from most accounts is reliable, and looks great. I have one, and it is IMO. Yes it's a plasma, and yes it's 720P, but it is 1360 x 768 unlike the 50" Panasonic and LG 720P models this year that are actually 1024 x 768. So if you want to sit closer than 6 feet to the display or use it as a monitor for regular office tasks, pass. Otherwise it's a great BFTB choice.

Update 5/11/12: Electronics & Furniture has this TV back in their new ad in todays 24 Hour paper at $499. So a PM at BB/FS will be $489 if successful.
50 replies
Jan 15, 2010
568 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this TV last year for around the same price. I use it in the bedroom. It looks really nice. The price for this is amazing.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
Bought it on Boxing DAy and its a great TV for the price best bang for the buck.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
GavinCampbell wrote: I bought this TV last year for around the same price. I use it in the bedroom. It looks really nice. The price for this is amazing.
danzerino wrote: Bought it on Boxing DAy and its a great TV for the price best bang for the buck.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It seems like most of us who bought one of these in the last round of sales are satisfied owners.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11338 posts
5532 upvotes
Vaughan
Link or the name of the store for people PM with BB.

Edit: Is this the name Electronics & Furniture?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
teoconca wrote: Link or the name of the store for people PM with BB.

Edit: Is this the name Electronics & Furniture?

Yes that's their name. Sorry it is kind of generic , I should have been more clear. They don't appear to have a website, but as above you can get to a copy of their flyer by going to page 17 of the friday edition of the 24 Hour newspaper online. I'm posting from a phone this week, so links are difficult until I get back to a "real" computer.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1853 posts
5628 upvotes
Paid $379+tax before Christmas for this TV.

This TV is fantastic for the money. Big 51" screen and awesome picture/sound quality. One drawback though is the TV can be very reflective if in a bright room. If you buy this TV, put it in a dark room.

Note: If your PM'ing at Best Buy, look for a BB location that doesn't have stock. Go in store, tell them you want to PM and use the FPIST (Flat Panel in stock guarantee). The FPISG gives you:

1. Free local delivery
2. $50 off the advertised price

If a TV 46" or above isn't in stock at the time of sale.

So if anybody gets this to work, PM at BB($599) for $467-$50=$417 with free delivery

FPISG details: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/flat-p ... c8198.aspx

Extreme YMMV, so don't get your hopes up. Technically BB shouldn't be PM'ing this to begin with because Electronics & Furniture published "limited quantities" for this tv in their flyer (according to OP).
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
oj777 wrote: Paid $379+tax before Christmas for this TV.

This TV is fantastic for the money. Big 51" screen and awesome picture/sound quality. One drawback though is the TV can be very reflective if in a bright room. If you buy this TV, put it in a dark room.

Note: If your PM'ing at Best Buy, look for a BB location that doesn't have stock. Go in store, tell them you want to PM and use the FPIST (Flat Panel in stock guarantee). The FPISG gives you:

1. Free local delivery

So if anybody gets this to work, PM at BB($599) for $467-$50=$417 with free delivery

Extreme YMMV, so don't get your hopies up. Technically BB shouldn't be PM'ing this to begin with because Electronics & Furniture published "limited quantities" for this tv in their flyer (according to OP).
Thanks for the reminder about the FPISG and the tv comments.
Like you say getting the PM and the FPISG may be very difficult, but not totally impossible.
Imo the best chance would be to get the pm done first, then later or the next day take the invoice and fpisg info to customer service and try for a correction from them.

T
Jun 23, 2005
373 posts
213 upvotes
Hamilton
I bought this TV at Christmas timeish for about the same price, and it has been incredible for my bedroom.

My only gripe is that I have issues with one of the HDMI ports, that it doesn't see connections sometimes.
❗
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
k7 avenger wrote: I bought this TV at Christmas timeish for about the same price, and it has been incredible for my bedroom.

My only gripe is that I have issues with one of the HDMI ports, that it doesn't see connections sometimes.

I had some HDMI issues also. This TV wouldn't work with a cheap 25 ft cable, but it worked with my cheap 12 ft cable without issues. It could be the cable though, my old panasonic wouldn't work with the 25 ft either and it has been working with 6 ft hdmi for years. There is also the computer res issue. Only one of the HDMI ports is set up to accept computer resolutions.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Electronics & Furniture has extended the $479 price in their new ad. Page 21 in the thursday edition of the 24 Hour paper.
Banned
May 29, 2008
391 posts
214 upvotes
oj777 wrote: Paid $379+tax before Christmas for this TV.

1. Free local delivery

Extreme YMMV, so don't get your hopes up. Technically BB shouldn't be PM'ing this to begin with because Electronics & Furniture published "limited quantities" for this tv in their flyer (according to OP).

TRUE RFD-ER lol. kudos
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
I was checking if a PM was still doable for a friend, and it was. So if anyone in the eastern part of Toronto/GTA wants a pre set PM, the Warden/Eglinton Best Buy has already checked, agreed, and sold one at the PM'd price. $467
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... b85bc2en02

BTW If you are not getting an extended warranty, use a credit card for the purchase for the free 1 year warranty extension. Depending on the card.
Nov 2, 2010
251 posts
42 upvotes
Ontario
idiotcanuck wrote: Here's the link to the 24 Hour Paper online copy. Finally.

http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx

Be careful when buying electronics, specifically Samsung TVs from Electronics and Furniture, they maybe selling open box products. Good way to check is to see if the Serial Number has been changed and if they have a 3rd party warranty
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Philer wrote: Be careful when buying electronics, specifically Samsung TVs from Electronics and Furniture, they maybe selling open box products. Good way to check is to see if the Serial Number has been changed and if they have a 3rd party warranty

I agree. I'm a bit wary of these guys too. I specifically asked at E &F if they were authorized, and if these TV's were warranted. They told me yes and that they come with a 90 day exchange from them, and a 1 year manufacturers warranty, but talk is cheap. I would recommend a PM from BB/FS to save the $12 and get a sure thing. At least we know BB/FS's return/exchange policies and that Samsung Canada is the warrantor. At the very least, as in the OP, I would look into E&F a little more before making a direct purchase.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Electronics and Furniture has extended the $479 deal in their new flyer on page 19 of the 4/19 edition of the 24 Hour newspaper.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)