550 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
Looks like Pre-Orders ship tomorrow.
Jul 28, 2010
345 posts
236 upvotes
Montreal
I'm having buyer's remorse after reading that the camera is not/just slightly better than a pixel 2 xl camera and seeing the koodo promo on the pixel 2 xl phone. Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3667 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
klamyo wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 2:22 pm
I'm having buyer's remorse after reading that the camera is not/just slightly better than a pixel 2 xl camera and seeing the koodo promo on the pixel 2 xl phone. Neutral Face
I know. Even the Iphone X shoots better colors and sharper in daylight, but the S9/+ does better in low light situation.
Nov 26, 2013
13 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton
Cancelled my order from the official website after I learned from an FM salesperson that they also offer $150 trade-in credit that count towards montly tab boosts.

But this deal is still decent for anybody who wants to keep their BYOD plans.
Nov 11, 2012
956 posts
149 upvotes
Mississauga
klamyo wrote:
The S9 is a much better phone overall than the Pixel 2 xl. The cameras I would say are similar in quality, but the pixel's basically takes a picture, adds a ton of filters, and then shows you the picture. The S9 always has less noise in the photos as it's physical camera is better. Just add a tiny bit less exposure, a touch more contrast, and a hint of sharpening and you have the processed look of the pixel 2 xl camera without all the noise.
[external advertising links removed]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16805 posts
1316 upvotes
Woodbridge
Confirm. Rogers or any carrier doesn't give $150 trade-in credit right.

What I find interesting is that Samsung Experience Store access my Rogers account and has a better offer than Rogers store?!?!

See after all this talk I'm pre-ordering the S9+. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2062 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
klamyo wrote:
Mr. Robo wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 2:38 pm

I know. Even the Iphone X shoots better colors and sharper in daylight, but the S9/+ does better in low light situation.
shmogt wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 6:04 pm

The S9 is a much better phone overall than the Pixel 2 xl. The cameras I would say are similar in quality, but the pixel's basically takes a picture, adds a ton of filters, and then shows you the picture. The S9 always has less noise in the photos as it's physical camera is better. Just add a tiny bit less exposure, a touch more contrast, and a hint of sharpening and you have the processed look of the pixel 2 xl camera without all the noise.
I always find it funny when people start complaining about the camera not being the best. Do you really know the difference unless you are a professional photographer? It's not like you wouldn't add 500 filters to it afterwards anyways. And if you were a professional photographer who could tell the difference, you'd be shooting with an actual camera.
Mar 13, 2005
37 posts
9 upvotes
I also pre-ordered the S9+. The reason I want to get this big device instead of S9 is because the dual lens. I want to get the optical zoom. What worry me is the GPS. I had a bad experience with GPS with my current device LG G5. It is not just not accurate, it is non usable no matter outdoor or indoor. I saw many threads complains that the GPS has issue in most recent devices like S8, Note 8 even Google pixel 2. I hope that S9 won't have this issue. I am crossing my finger tight for it.

For image quality, well, with today camera, everything is processed. It really doesn't really matter which lens the phone is used. So it all come down to personal taste. Some prefers Pixel 2 edited photo. Some will prefer Samsung. Some will prefer Sony or LG.
Sep 27, 2003
8858 posts
1863 upvotes
Newmarket
VeryTRT wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 3:07 pm
Cancelled my order from the official website
Did you cancel through the website or did you have to call in?
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Jan 21, 2009
357 posts
37 upvotes
Anyone how long the shipping is supposed to take around? I'm about to pull the switch from a S7 Edge.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
1561 posts
944 upvotes
Tony Tsang wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 8:40 pm
I also pre-ordered the S9+. The reason I want to get this big device instead of S9 is because the dual lens. I want to get the optical zoom. What worry me is the GPS. I had a bad experience with GPS with my current device LG G5. It is not just not accurate, it is non usable no matter outdoor or indoor. I saw many threads complains that the GPS has issue in most recent devices like S8, Note 8 even Google pixel 2. I hope that S9 won't have this issue. I am crossing my finger tight for it.

For image quality, well, with today camera, everything is processed. It really doesn't really matter which lens the phone is used. So it all come down to personal taste. Some prefers Pixel 2 edited photo. Some will prefer Samsung. Some will prefer Sony or LG.
The LG G5 was well known for GPS issues, mine was basically useless for GPS in anything but clear LOS.

I haven't heard of any issues with other phones like that. My LG G6 works perfectly for GPS.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
5177 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto
Going to use the Ringke Fusion I got when it was a buck, might try others though if I don't like it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)