[Samsung] Pre-orders Galaxy S9| S9+ $810

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2018 7:19 pm
Mar 12, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:53 am
I doubt anyone will listen given number of posts here but I can say that Samsung support is Horrible!

If you buy any Samsung branded accessory and it fails at any point your basically at a loss. Regardless of the 1 year warranty they won’t honor it or anything. I purchased a wireless charger. It failed. Samsung took it back to repaire center did nothing. Sent it back to me and said it’s not our responsibility. They said it has a 1 year warranty but they don’t honor it.

I hope I never have to deal with them on any other warranty issues and likely won’t buy an other phone from them.
Sorry to hear that, I have always found them to be very good for Warranty and damage repair.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1919 posts
284 upvotes
krazynuck wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:08 am
I went for the Spigen Liquid Crystal ...I had the exact same case for my S7...works perfect HOWEVER there was colour deterioration (turned yellow after about 9-10 months) but I still bought hahah

https://www.amazon.ca/Galaxy-Case-Spige ... Bcase&th=1
This is a good alternative - and in the spirit of RFD - a few dollars cheaper too.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078PGKRZL/?co ... _lig_dp_it
Nov 11, 2012
992 posts
187 upvotes
Mississauga
MarcP wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:16 am
Many on Reddit (in the US) got their shipping statement directly from FedEx as an email. Samsung's site never got updated until much later in the day. Hopefully Samsung Canada also registers our email addresses with the shipper so we get notified. However, it looks like we can't rely on Samsung's site to be accurate by the minute.
People in the US that I know got theirs shipped yesterday and said they will arrive tomorrow. On the Canadian site mine still says preparing dispatch. Hopefully ours ship soon or have already shipped.
Max_Dealing wrote:
I doubt anyone will listen given number of posts here but I can say that Samsung support is Horrible!

If you buy any Samsung branded accessory and it fails at any point your basically at a loss. Regardless of the 1 year warranty they won’t honor it or anything. I purchased a wireless charger. It failed. Samsung took it back to repaire center did nothing. Sent it back to me and said it’s not our responsibility. They said it has a 1 year warranty but they don’t honor it.

I hope I never have to deal with them on any other warranty issues and likely won’t buy an other phone from them.
My old S3 burned out its motherboard roughly a month after the warranty period. After a few phone calls Samsung told me to take it to the repair center. They repaired it for free and gave me a loaner phone during the fixing time. I assume there was more to your story than what you listed. I definitely can't see them not honouring a product in warranty.
[external advertising links removed]
Jan 14, 2017
31 posts
19 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote:
I purchased a wireless charger. It failed. Samsung took it back to repaire center did nothing. Sent it back to me and said it’s not our responsibility. They said it has a 1 year warranty but they don’t honor it.
They told you that it has a 1 year warranty but they will not be honouring it?
What was the follow up on your end?

I can't even imagine that happening.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1169 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
Any shipping notifications yet?
Nov 26, 2003
36 posts
Ordered on Feb 27th but still says dispatching. Talked with online support and they said orders will be shipping out by March 16th, with no details on when mines will be shipped. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4009 posts
482 upvotes
dnacyan wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 1:52 pm
They told you that it has a 1 year warranty but they will not be honouring it?
What was the follow up on your end?

I can't even imagine that happening.
Correct. I purchased it in July 2016. Sat in my bag for a month then I took it out for work. It did not work right off the bat. I went into Best Buy and they said it was past their exchange return date so I need to contact manufacture. I did over chat. I was told it has a 1year warranty and Best Buy would honor the warranty replacement. I went back to Best Buy and they said no it’s manufacture warranty and they can not replace it. They called their Samsung rep while I was there to confirm. I contacted Samsung again and they agreed to send it to a repair center. I mailed it out and got it back. Repair order said clearly it was covered under warranty and they did not fix or trouble shoot the item. Return to sender. I contacted Samsung again furious. I was told again Best Buy would handle it and I proceeded to argue with them. How can a manufacture have a warranty and not honor it. I sent a not very nice email to Samsung. It is now escalated to senior level support manager who said they can not help me and will not replace a defective device that is under warranty. I am continuing to argue with them.

It is a $65 charger. Not exactly something I consider disposable. Apparently if I purchased it with a phone it would be different. If I purchased through the Samsung store they would honor the warranty but because I purchased through Best Buy they will not.

I was even told at some point that Best Buy is not an authorized seller of Samsung products.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Jun 2, 2009
88 posts
25 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
James00 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:20 pm
Ordered on Feb 27th but still says dispatching. Talked with online support and they said orders will be shipping out by March 16th, with no details on when mines will be shipped. :(
Did you mention to them that the site states "START SHIPPING FROM: 13 MAR 2018"?
Mar 12, 2018
13 posts
4 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
Ordered on Feb. 26th, status still reports "Preparing Dispatch". Site still indicates, "START SHIPPING FROM: 13 MAR 2018". I am thinking either Samsung is not updating the status, or the phones are not really shipping today.
Jan 14, 2017
31 posts
19 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:30 pm
Correct. I purchased it in July 2016. Sat in my bag for a month then I took it out for work. It did not work right off the bat. I went into Best Buy and they said it was past their exchange return date so I need to contact manufacture. I did over chat. I was told it has a 1year warranty and Best Buy would honor the warranty replacement. I went back to Best Buy and they said no it’s manufacture warranty and they can not replace it. .........
Wow. That is incredible.
I would be furious.
If it's past BestBuy's return policy date, then it falls under warranty claims and it should be Samsung's responsibility to honour the warranty.

Did you post it on any of their social media sites?
Jun 1, 2015
59 posts
26 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:47 am
I picked this up Spigen

I got this case ahead of the phone to see the true size. Been holding it around the house, putting in back pocket to test size etc. When available I will get the tetded case. I've had on all my phones and love the feel and smell of leather. This case it temp as protection till the tetded.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1345 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I hope my phone arrives Friday...I took a vacation day for that haha

Still nothing on my end still preparing for dispatch
Nov 26, 2003
36 posts
Yes I did. They said it starts shipping FROM 13 Mar 2018 until 16 Mar 2018.

It is just like when you go to the store and it says FROM $9.99, but everything is above $9.99 in the pile.
Last edited by James00 on Mar 13th, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 12, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
I just called the Online Store number, the story I got is that they will start shipping today, the are shipping via Purolator , and once Purolator have them they will notify us of tracking information. Delivery times are expected to be 1-7 business days. I have no specific proof as to whether or not he was telling the truth, but he seemed very clear and confident on the process. I ordered mine on Day 2 of the pre-order, so hopefully it will be coming sooner rather than later.