[Samsung] Pre-orders Galaxy S9| S9+ $810

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2018 7:19 pm
Jun 4, 2007
87 posts
13 upvotes
Ronniegade wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:38 pm
I just called the Online Store number, the story I got is that they will start shipping today, the are shipping via Purolator , and once Purolator have them they will notify us of tracking information. Delivery times are expected to be 1-7 business days. I have no specific proof as to whether or not he was telling the truth, but he seemed very clear and confident on the process. I ordered mine on Day 2 of the pre-order, so hopefully it will be coming sooner rather than later.
Glad to see they aren't using UPS.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
5177 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto
Max_Dealing wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:53 am
If you buy any Samsung branded accessory and it fails at any point your basically at a loss. Regardless of the 1 year warranty they won’t honor it or anything. I purchased a wireless charger. It failed. Samsung took it back to repaire center did nothing. Sent it back to me and said it’s not our responsibility. They said it has a 1 year warranty but they don’t honor it.
Are you sure it was genuine? Lots of fakes out there claiming to be the real thing, only way to be sure is direct from Samsung or a big box retailer.
Nov 11, 2012
956 posts
149 upvotes
Mississauga
Ronniegade wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:38 pm
I just called the Online Store number, the story I got is that they will start shipping today, the are shipping via Purolator , and once Purolator have them they will notify us of tracking information. Delivery times are expected to be 1-7 business days. I have no specific proof as to whether or not he was telling the truth, but he seemed very clear and confident on the process. I ordered mine on Day 2 of the pre-order, so hopefully it will be coming sooner rather than later.
"start shipping today" hopefully better not mean none actually will ship today, but they listed it anyway because they know we can't prove they didn't ship any yet... Also, 7 days as the max ship date is so long. I would of just ordered at a store to get it on release. I'm staying positive, but also really hoping we get them before this weekend.
[external advertising links removed]
Mar 12, 2018
13 posts
4 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
shmogt wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:32 pm
"start shipping today" hopefully better not mean none actually will ship today, but they listed it anyway because they know we can't prove they didn't ship any yet... Also, 7 days as the max ship date is so long. I would of just ordered at a store to get it on release. I'm staying positive, but also really hoping we get them before this weekend.
I agree. I ordered online based on my experience two years ago when I had ordered the 7 edge. I received that one the afternoon before the public release, so I was definitely hoping that would be repeated with the 9+.
Mar 12, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
RedDeerAndroid wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 6:11 pm
I agree. I ordered online based on my experience two years ago when I had ordered the 7 edge. I received that one the afternoon before the public release, so I was definitely hoping that would be repeated with the 9+.
Yes me too ... my wife broke her phone, I assumed this would be the fastest way to get her a replacement.
Feb 14, 2012
4 posts
VANCOUVER
Looks like it's showing as "out of stock" on the website now. Did I miss out?

Any chance of doing an in-store pre-order with a S2 that won't turn on for the $150 credit?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1185 posts
112 upvotes
Lévis
Max_Dealing wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:53 am
I doubt anyone will listen given number of posts here but I can say that Samsung support is Horrible!

If you buy any Samsung branded accessory and it fails at any point your basically at a loss. Regardless of the 1 year warranty they won’t honor it or anything. I purchased a wireless charger. It failed. Samsung took it back to repaire center did nothing. Sent it back to me and said it’s not our responsibility. They said it has a 1 year warranty but they don’t honor it.

I hope I never have to deal with them on any other warranty issues and likely won’t buy an other phone from them.
Do you live in Québec? If so just sue them. You won't have to go in court because they know they will lose.
Pourquoi pas?
Dec 23, 2009
169 posts
11 upvotes
  1. is Samsung s9+ compatible with Rogers ?:::????:::??:?/?/??????????????
Jan 2, 2007
218 posts
134 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
bobafett wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:39 pm
No Rogers, only zuul
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1043 posts
229 upvotes
Seems like Samsung.ca is out of stock. Anyone know if Eaton Centre still taking pre-orders?

Also, I have a an old Note 2 to trade in, but do they ask for proof of purchase? As I don't have the receipt anymore. If they do, can I still get the auto $150 discount?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1709 posts
880 upvotes
Etobicoke
freakyflow wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:20 pm
Seems like Samsung.ca is out of stock. Anyone know if Eaton Centre still taking pre-orders?

Also, I have a an old Note 2 to trade in, but do they ask for proof of purchase? As I don't have the receipt anymore. If they do, can I still get the auto $150 discount?
I ordered onkine and use my note 2 IMIE nunber and got $150 discount. For store, ita better to call them and find out.
Feb 1, 2013
35 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
bobafett wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:39 pm
Yes
May 22, 2013
130 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
This is such a scam, I havent even got the tracking number yet. People in the US have already gotten their phones.