[Samsung] Pre-orders Galaxy S9| S9+ $810

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2018 7:19 pm
Jun 9, 2017
10 posts
3 upvotes
pcnx wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 1:09 am
I did not receive a shipping label and I am wondering how to ship the old phone back...
goto https://galaxyupgrade.ca and then just keep filing the info they need. you will get an email with the shipping notice
Jun 9, 2017
10 posts
3 upvotes
ouch ...ROFL!. .. i exchanged a 4 yr old phone which i bought for 300.. so the 150$ is worth it for me :p
Nov 11, 2012
974 posts
163 upvotes
Mississauga
sajchan wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 11:23 am
I just kept in the box I got my new phone in and then covered the old shipping info and pasted the UPS shipping detail on it and sent it on Saturday. They just received it today.
Yes, this is what I will do too. I haven't sent it out yet, but I have until April 18th, mine says.
[external advertising links removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3127 posts
805 upvotes
GTA
so i guess the phone i was going to trade in is too old because it doesnt show up in that galaxyupgrade search bar. anybody else get that issue and have a resolution?
Jan 8, 2012
9 posts
I had $150 instant credit, and $0 additional value when I purchased the s9, the trade-in is an old phone (other-other). I didn't see any instructions in the box when I received the phone, should I still follow the instructions (pls see below) to mail the old phone back? - I am not expecting to receive any additional trade-in value ... (or what happens if I don't)...thanks
Ronniegade wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 5:22 pm
The process for returning can be found here:
https://galaxyupgrade.ca/terms-of-service/

We have to go online and fill in the data to begin the process
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1020 posts
58 upvotes
vtse wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 7:27 pm
Can anyone tell me how to process a flip phone on the galaxyupgrade.ca website? The steps say to 'sign-up' but I don't see that anywhere other than to search for a device and my flip phone isn't listed.

When buying the S9 I was given the option for 'other, other' and that worked but not seeing that on the trade-in website.
I had the same problem with an old Sony flip phone. You have to email support on the galaxyupgrade.ca website or contact them via live chat to let them know that you are having this problem. Tell them the specific make and model that you have for your trade in and they will add it to the trade in list.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1020 posts
58 upvotes
Zyphur wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 3:22 am
so i guess the phone i was going to trade in is too old because it doesnt show up in that galaxyupgrade search bar. anybody else get that issue and have a resolution?
Use email or live chat on the galaxyupgrade site and inform them of your problem including the make and model of the phone you are trading. They will then add it to the list of searchable phones.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3127 posts
805 upvotes
GTA
adwoodw wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 11:11 pm
Use email or live chat on the galaxyupgrade site and inform them of your problem including the make and model of the phone you are trading. They will then add it to the list of searchable phones.
I emailed and the rep said I could just pick a $0 phone from the same brand.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1721 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
adwoodw wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 11:07 pm
I had the same problem with an old Sony flip phone. You have to email support on the galaxyupgrade.ca website or contact them via live chat to let them know that you are having this problem. Tell them the specific make and model that you have for your trade in and they will add it to the trade in list.
Do we need to ship in the charger too?
We do case reviews. Period.
Jun 15, 2008
197 posts
73 upvotes
I traded in my 15 years old flip keyboard CDMA cell directly in Samsung store (just phone, without any chargers)
S9 cost me 810+tax in total
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2094 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know what the time period is to ship the trade-in? What happens if you don't? Do they charge you the $150 discount?
Feb 1, 2013
35 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
Did anyone recieved their check yet from galaxyupgrade.ca? I'm trying to get a timeline on when I'll receive my check. My status went from "waiting for your device" to "inspecting to your device" which took two weeks to happen On April 24