Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
chemicalxv wrote: And for my iPhone 8+ I see the $200 and then $400 off to the side. So assuming the total discount is $600? What a confusing way to present this.

But still my point stands in reference to the deals in the US. For me this would cost $819.99+tax for an S10+ with the trade-in, friend in the US gets theirs for $450. That's 82% more as a final price compared to 42% more before any discounts period ($1419.99 vs $999.99). That is unreal.
Just go all the way to check out and you'll see how much total.

It is what it is, no point of stressing over it. If you really want to save money, just wait until people get them on contract and dump them. It'll be a competitive year for smartphones makers to gain market share, offers from carrier might get aggressive. Literally no phones will worth more than retail price at launch (regardless of what trade in), within 1-2 months.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
cy wrote: It has a lot to do with your post.

You probably are unaware, or purposely ignore the fact that when you got your S9 for $360, the phone was already 10 months old. You are comparing a brand new unreleased phone to a "aged phone" (in the technology world). With that said, I am not referencing to if S10 will do more than S9 for you, that's your own preferences. It's the fact that you literally can't compare a brand new product that a company has just released to a old one, period.
Just to make your point stronger...the phone was 'announced', not released.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
cy wrote: Just go all the way to check out and you'll see how much total.

It is what it is, no point of stressing over it. If you really want to save money, just wait until people get them on contract and dump them. It'll be a competitive year for smartphones makers to gain market share, offers from carrier might get aggressive. Literally no phones will worth more than retail price at launch (regardless of what trade in), within 1-2 months.
Yeah I'm at the checkout stage and I see the $200 and $400.

I honestly have no interest in getting this, I just wanted to see what I could get compared to my friend in the US, and it's just unreal how much we get hosed. Factoring in the exchange rate they're paying less than $600 CAD pre-tax.
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
So I just submitted a trade in for Nexus 5 and it still shows 200 off regardless that it's showed only value of 15 dollars....

Is this a glitch or just a promotional hoax to make u feel like u are getting a deal?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
ilove wrote: Over $9000 for a phone? No thanks.
I don't even make $9000 a week! That's a rich mans phone.
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2690 posts
1741 upvotes
Home
so the strategy now is price all phones over 1K msrp and run continuous and frequent large discount offers starting at launch. The usa offer is much nicer but they dont ship to mail box forwarders :(
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
So if I can have a friend in US that order directly from Samsung, and they can get $550 off even if they trade in a Say .. a Nexus 5?

Can I pay by Canadian VISA?
How do I enter the postal code?
Nov 3, 2010
867 posts
816 upvotes
haranzo wrote: So if I can have a friend in US that order directly from Samsung, and they can get $550 off even if they trade in a Say .. a Nexus 5?

Can I pay by Canadian VISA?
How do I enter the postal code?
Read the US promotion better man. Did you really believe they would give you $550 for a beater? You only get $550 with an S9 trade-in.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2049 posts
389 upvotes
Ontario
Just took a look and is not 550 off but getting 300 for an s8. Much better than the 200 I'm getting for it in Canada. Total in the USA is 700usd for a s10+ plus tax. Here in Canada is its 1220 pretax and I don't get a free pair of the buds.Expressionless Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Ambushes wrote: Read the US promotion better man. Did you really believe they would give you $550 for a beater? You only get $550 with an S9 trade-in.
Or the Note 8, and even the iPhone 8 series and X from 2017 gets you $550.
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
Well even if I trade in my S8+ I get 300 usd back which is very good IMO + a Galaxy headphones. I have a bit of bleed on my screen's edge, but the condition say only if it's cracked...and it's not...so maybe it will work.

Cad only gives u 200 dollars off... regardless what phone it is when u check out. Which is odd...but I guess worth it if u have a crappy phone to trade in.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2506 upvotes
The S8+ trade-in value Canada is actually $250 + $200 bonus, giving a S10+ cost of $1219.99 + tax - $250.
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
But at check out I see only 200 being taken off.... Not 200+250.

Do they mail me a check after? But funny thing is I can prob sell my phone for 300+...

Will they reject my phone with a slight bleed on the screen?

Not sure if I want to risk it...us site only said cracked screen is not acceptable.

If that is the case, I would try to do it in Samsung store to see if it works out to be 200 and 250. Just don't want to mail in my phone and get rejected....
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3348 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Lets be realistic, this isn't a discount, its a marketing promo. Jack the price up $200 and convince people they're getting a discount by trading in their old phone.
while this is true, it's also true that most of the rest of this year this promo is gone :P
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2506 upvotes
haranzo wrote: But at check out I see only 200 being taken off.... Not 200+250.

Do they mail me a check after?
Yeah, once you mail the phone to them and they finish their examination.
But funny thing is I can prob sell my phone for 300+...
That's probably true, the Canadian trade-in value is pretty poor for many recent phones, even with the $200 bonus. The worst might be the 128GB Note9 at only $375. Strangely the 64GB iPhone X is worth as much as the 256GB iPhone XS.
Will they reject my phone with a slight bleed on the screen?

Not sure if I want to risk it...us site only said cracked screen is not acceptable.
I'd expect it to be as the same as the US, I don't think they can blame the user on screen bleed. I sent in a S8 for a Note9 and got the promised trade-in value; you might check with the previous Samsung phone threads to see if anybody got a lower trade-in value after examination.
Dec 27, 2018
38 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Any one had experience trading in Canadian Samsung phones in Samsung US sites?

The only catch I noticed is FCC code should be valid when verified in FCC database.. And Canadian model FCC code exists in the database.
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
Thanks, can I do trade in in Samsung store?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3579 posts
610 upvotes
What's the trade in process with an online samsung order? Do you have to visit a store to complete the trade in? I can't find any instructions online.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Samsung fanboys in full swing now. It's getting close to the apple fan boys. There are many many phones out there that do more than enough for what people need them for for way cheaper yet everyone gets so caught up in the "came out today, need to have it" hype. Not bashing, your money do what you want with it. I'm just not personally a fan a bloatsung..... I mean Samsung
What's in your wallet?
Feb 20, 2019
19 posts
3 upvotes
Does anybody know what happens if they determine that my phone has 0 value, do i still get 200$ of discount or do i get nothing?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)