Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Oct 9, 2007
218 posts
68 upvotes
Canada
elpaso wrote: If always on display is on you will see the notification..
I have Always On Display on my S7, you are referring to the icons on the locked screen? They are not easy to see :( oh well.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta
wickkedd wrote: Has anyone who bought from Samsung tried if their Wifi Calling and VoLTE are working with Rogers / Fido? Usually they block those features for phones not sold by them. However, I picked an unlocked one at bestbuy (they said it was a Telus SKU, but no indication of that anywhere on the box), and when I registered for fido wifi-calling, it registered successfully and VoLTE also works. However, since there was no indication that it was a Telus SKU, something in the back of my mind tells me they may have given me a Rogers device, because they randomly picked when selling outright. This is why I'm asking someone else to confirm.
yesnomaybe wrote:
I bought from Samsung and WiFi calling and VoLTE work for me on Rogers
It's a single SKU system. The first sim you put in the phone activates the firmware for that carrier. So if your first sim was Rogers or fido it installed/activated Rogers or Fido firmware and CSC.
However if you now try a Telus or Koodo sim the Wi-Fi/volte won't work on that phone as it has Rogers firmware.
However it's easy fox, you change the cac to Telus and Wi-Fi and volte will work as now it has Telus firmware hence a Telus phone.
But if Telus was your firm first sim you installed in the phone then Telus firmware/csc gets activated.

if you bought S10 outside of Canada say Latin America, uk, Hong Kong etc the Wi-Fi and volte will not work as it doesn't have the respective carriers CSC.. But as of March 1 Telus has allowed non Telus phone to be able to activate Wi-Fi calling and volte. They just need the phones imei#
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
It seems ebat es is giving 6% cash back for purchases on samsung canada. not sure if it's .com or .ca though
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11263 upvotes
shinku wrote: But as of March 1 Telus has allowed non Telus phone to be able to activate Wi-Fi calling and volte. They just need the phones imei#
Where have you heard this from?

Does it include Koodo?
Sep 21, 2015
254 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
shinku wrote: It's a single SKU system. The first sim you put in the phone activates the firmware for that carrier. So if your first sim was Rogers or fido it installed/activated Rogers or Fido firmware and CSC.
However if you now try a Telus or Koodo sim the Wi-Fi/volte won't work on that phone as it has Rogers firmware.
However it's easy fox, you change the cac to Telus and Wi-Fi and volte will work as now it has Telus firmware hence a Telus phone.
But if Telus was your firm first sim you installed in the phone then Telus firmware/csc gets activated.

if you bought S10 outside of Canada say Latin America, uk, Hong Kong etc the Wi-Fi and volte will not work as it doesn't have the respective carriers CSC.. But as of March 1 Telus has allowed non Telus phone to be able to activate Wi-Fi calling and volte. They just need the phones imei#
Actually, with Fido / Rogers, even with the fido / rogers CSC, wifi calling and VoLTE didn't work, because they've been known to have an IMEI whitelist, and they only provisioned those phones that were bought directly from them to have access to those features. I understand the CSC, and changing CSC, but I'm talking specifically about their whitelist, and about them following this practice, unlike other providers in Canada. You can buy a brand new note 9 from Samsung, pop in the fido / rogers sim, make sure the CSC is set properly, and still not be provisioned for these features because the phone wasn't purchased from them, hence wasn't in their whitelist.
Jul 13, 2012
235 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Canadian version of s10e comes with 6gb ram or 8gb ram?
Zoomer Wireless customer, $0 LG G5, $36 4GB data
Don't hesitate to ask any question😉
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
rankiba wrote: Canadian version of s10e comes with 6gb ram or 8gb ram?
Stock comes with 6gb and upgraded is 8gb.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3221 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
raul7 wrote: I have Always On Display on my S7, you are referring to the icons on the locked screen? They are not easy to see :( oh well.
Yup. Need some glasses ? Winking Face
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Geez... my S7 Edge is only worth $22 in TIV? There's a blemish on the screen, so that's what dropped the value, I guess.

I just switched to a decent corporate plan that doesn't change my price much, but ups the data (14GB for $71 no contract), I don't really feel like upping the price on that just to subsidize the phone or spending $1219 on a phone. I guess I'll slum for a little longer.
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
wickkedd wrote: Actually, with Fido / Rogers, even with the fido / rogers CSC, wifi calling and VoLTE didn't work, because they've been known to have an IMEI whitelist, and they only provisioned those phones that were bought directly from them to have access to those features. I understand the CSC, and changing CSC, but I'm talking specifically about their whitelist, and about them following this practice, unlike other providers in Canada. You can buy a brand new note 9 from Samsung, pop in the fido / rogers sim, make sure the CSC is set properly, and still not be provisioned for these features because the phone wasn't purchased from them, hence wasn't in their whitelist.
My note 9 from Samsung store works just fine with volte and wifi calling on rogers
Sep 21, 2015
254 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
wai_lai416 wrote: My note 9 from Samsung store works just fine with volte and wifi calling on rogers
Consider yourself very, very lucky. There are pages and pages of information on the Rogers and Fido forums about unlocked phones not working with wifi calling and VoLTE, even with a Rogers / Fido CSC.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/A ... 318/page/5

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-De ... 403/page/7
Nov 4, 2013
124 posts
24 upvotes
I bought an s10...and lost it. Or it got stolenCrying Face

What the hell can I do?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
karupt wrote: I bought an s10...and lost it. Or it got stolenCrying Face

What the hell can I do?
Credit card insurance?

Some cover theft for 3 first months. If you bought it in full with credit card.

Get a police report of the incident.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
oncl0ud9 wrote: Stock comes with 6gb and upgraded is 8gb.
Explain this, there's a version of the S10e with 8GB of RAM and an SD 855? You've piqued my interest.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11263 upvotes

What the hell can I do?
Blacklist it. Doesn't help if they sell it internationally, but it will prevent it from working locally.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta

What the hell can I do?
Use Samsung or Google's track my device.
You had Samsung account setup on the phone you can track it, lock it make it ring or even put a msg on screen (not sure of this) to call the specified number.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta
Update on the fingerprint unlocking
Was outside making snowman with kids. Hands were wet but the fingerprint still worked. On S7/S8/S9 wet finger never worked.
Also I have a large thumb so I did three "fingers" setup for it, tip of thumb, middle and bottom. More importantly I did it at about 45 degree angle as that's my natural position how thumb goes on screen when I'm holding it with one hand. If I try to unlock with my thumb straight there was couple misses but with my natural angle no issue.
I had to do the same on S7 edge and on my work iPhone. I have the Samsung screen protector on
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
If you brought it with a bgood credit card...there is a 90 day protection if stolen or damaged.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2693 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Explain this, there's a version of the S10e with 8GB of RAM and an SD 855? You've piqued my interest.
S10e with 256G comes with 8G
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
johnmoon wrote: S10e with 256G comes with 8G
Get out of here immediately, John. I think you might've sold me.

I checked it out on Amazon.com and it's only $849 USD.

$849 USD - $500 USD credit = $349 USD + Cross Border Fees.

A beautiful thing we might have here.

What notable things do I lose on the S10e down from the S10, other than worse cameras?

God bless.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)