• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 4:43 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
67 posts
16 upvotes

Samsung scammed me and shipped out an empty Samsung Note 8 box

Hi,

I preordered the Samsung note 8 from Samsungs website and the package was delivered by purolator yesterday. When I opened the package I found the seal on the Samsung note 8 box cut and no Samsung note 8 inside. I have already called Samsung and purolator. They will be investigating which will take a couple of days :(. My question is has this happened to anyone if so what was the out come?
Last edited by Bicky on Sep 19th, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
163 replies
Jul 4, 2015
789 posts
184 upvotes
Stouffville
I love these posts. Actually it wasn't purolator who stole it, it was the company who picks them up from the Samsung warehouse & takes them to be boxed. That's who stole your device, probably.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18326 posts
3434 upvotes
Thornhill
I had this happen to me once with Canada Post, but the whole package was opened, not the internal phone box itself. So someone opened it and took it, and Canada Post already had documents for me to sign at the door. The postman basically said when the package got to CP's hands from USPS, the package was already torn open and literally it was an empty box, along with a claim form that was signed. Apparently, someone on the USPS side took it.

This was back when the iPhone 1 first came out in the US only, I had a family friend send me it, but they marked it as iPhone LOL.

In your case, it seems like its not Purolator, but Samsung's contracted warehouse.

But as mentioned, contact Samsung, they'll probably send you a new one after blacklisting the stolen one.

Someone's gonna buy it cheap on Kijiji only to have it blacklisted Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3746 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 2:46 pm
I had this happen to me once with Canada Post, but the whole package was opened, not the internal phone box itself. So someone opened it and took it, and Canada Post already had documents for me to sign at the door. The postman basically said when the package got to CP's hands from USPS, the package was already torn open and literally it was an empty box, along with a claim form that was signed. Apparently, someone on the USPS side took it.

This was back when the iPhone 1 first came out in the US only, I had a family friend send me it, but they marked it as iPhone LOL.

In your case, it seems like its not Purolator, but Samsung's contracted warehouse.

But as mentioned, contact Samsung, they'll probably send you a new one after blacklisting the stolen one.

Someone's gonna buy it cheap on Kijiji only to have it blacklisted Disappointed But Relieved Face
it makes a nice tablet tho
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3074 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 2:46 pm

but a blacklisted phone is only useless in North America, right? I though you can take a blacklisted phone to Europe or Asia and it will work perfectly fine. I could be wrong though.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
378 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Bicky wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 12:35 pm
Hi,

I preordered the Samsung note 8 from Samsungs website and the package was delivered by purolator yesterday. When I opened the package I found the seal on the Samsung note 8 box cut and no Samsung note 8 inside. I have already called Samsung and purolator. They will be investigating which will take a couple of days :(. My question is has this happened to anyone if so what was the out come?
Hello Bicky,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Would it be possible for you to email me your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com and we can open an investigation on our end as well?

Thank you,

Mike
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2714 posts
1098 upvotes
Lol @purolaterhelps

Sucks big time you phone got stolen
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4440 posts
2068 upvotes
Edmonton
witenite wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 5:58 pm
Lol @purolaterhelps

Sucks big time you phone got stolen
Why are you laughing?

C
Jan 12, 2017
249 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there any indication that it's Note 8 on the shipping box?
Was there shipping box tampered?
Last edited by Dreamrider on Sep 19th, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2714 posts
1098 upvotes
CNeufeld wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 6:31 pm
Why are you laughing?

C
Rfders have moaned and complained about Purolator horrible delivery service. Drivers not even attempting to delivery/knock on door but yet say that the customer wasn't home even thou no notice was left. People would complain and get no help

Purolaterhelps would chime in with the same cut copy paste message (see above) and the end results is the same...people wouldnt get any solutions, drivers wouldn't be punished etc.
Hence now why people cringe ordering online and see that purolater is the delivery of choice
Purolaterhelps just drinks the Kool aid and doesn't do squat
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
67 posts
16 upvotes
Yeah that was the first thing I did was call Samsung. They said their going to investigate which will take 3-5 days.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
67 posts
16 upvotes
TagYoureIt wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 2:18 pm
I love these posts. Actually it wasn't purolator who stole it, it was the company who picks them up from the Samsung warehouse & takes them to be boxed. That's who stole your device, probably.
I didn't know Samsung used another company to package the boxes I just assumed they did it in house and purolator picked them up from the warehouse.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11574 posts
2449 upvotes
Montreal
witenite wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 8:10 pm
Drivers not even attempting to delivery/knock on door but yet say that the customer wasn't home even thou no notice was left.
and when you call, the CSR looks at their canned response notes and says "Oh, the notice must have blown away in the wind.". :facepalm:
Dec 3, 2013
201 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wow what a mess. We use Canada Post for our delivery, and while definitely a day or two late on occasion, the packages very rarely go missing en route (I'd say less than .1%). They have gotten much better in this respect than when we started with them 3.5 years ago.
As the co-founder of a business dedicated to making it easy to buy and sell used iPhones, I have fairly extensive experience navigating Craigslist/Kijiji for used iPhones, and also troubleshooting said iPhones.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

vict0rhhh