• Oct 18th, 2017 3:19 am
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3911 posts
1282 upvotes
BC
kangarooz wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 8:22 am
Dont want to hi-jack your thread but i ordered a razer blade laptop from MS Store and it was delivered by UPS saying that it was "left at my door" I was home all day waiting for my $3000+ laptop. Ofc the package was not left at my door at all. MS Store told me to contact UPS, UPS wont talk to me since i am technically not their customer. They conducted an "investigation" which involved the driver pointing out my house. How a $3000+ laptop was not insured or was decided to be left outside "during winter btw!" is beyond me. I tried to claim this via CC but apparently I was told my card didnt have insurance. I am going to small claims court when i come back from overseas later in the year. Any advice would be appreciated.
Wow, that sounds like a nightmare Disappointed But Relieved Face. I hope everything turns out in your favor.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Wow been over a week and both Samsung and purolator have provide no update on phone. Samsungs customer service is useless every time I call they say the same line and even the manager was useless. Purolator is the same they have provided no updates as well and keep saying that they are still investigating. These companies need to hire better investigators.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11571 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
kangarooz wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 3:19 pm
I have gone that route, my CC was with TD. I called the consumer board of ontario or whatever its called, under section 99 I am supposed to be covered. The TD investigation involved Microsoft sending TD a packing slip (lol...) apparently thats sufficient. What a bloody good investigation. More importantly I wasnt given the option to purchase shipping insurance or signature request.
Like i keep telling people, all this happy horsecrap about your CC's vaunted "fraud protection:" is just that, pure, unadulterated BS, but you never find that out until the crap hits the fan.

You need to keep fighting this, as TD will choose the path of least resistance (customer) and you need to make them understand that you will NOT be paying this bill and that the ITEM was neither received nor signed for.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3722 posts
1556 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 7:48 pm
Like i keep telling people, all this happy horsecrap about your CC's vaunted "fraud protection:" is just that, pure, unadulterated BS, but you never find that out until the crap hits the fan.

You need to keep fighting this, as TD will choose the path of least resistance (customer) and you need to make them understand that you will NOT be paying this bill and that the ITEM was neither received nor signed for.
I filed and won a dispute with RBC against Amazon. It was simpler than talking to an Amazon rep, and by that time, I had talked to at least 10.
Apr 12, 2013
547 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
JackWhyte wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 7:48 pm

I have been told TD has already concluded their investigation. Wish me luck in court :/
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1917 posts
406 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I actually like Purolator. Canada Post is still my favourite because my CP mail lady is legit and doesn't mess around. UPS and DHL round out the bottom.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4689 posts
640 upvotes
kangarooz wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:23 pm
I have been told TD has already concluded their investigation. Wish me luck in court :/
Was this their response in a chargeback dispute?? The retailer (MS Store) seems to have been negligent. They should have required signature confirmation.

How about escalating to a banking Ombudsman.

I can't believe I am saying this, but eBay and PayPal actually offer more protection from not receiving delivery merchandise than a direct retailer and credit card?
djdestroyer wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:19 pm
I actually like Purolator. Canada Post is still my favourite because my CP mail lady is legit and doesn't mess around. UPS and DHL round out the bottom.
Yeah, I wouldn't single out Purolator. I've had sketch delivery people from Canada Post and UPS. The "we attempted to deliver something" sign on the door being left when there were people home and there was no knock or doorbell ring.

When I lived in a smaller town for work, whenever I would "miss" UPS's delivery (while being home for the day), they would take the packages back to their warehouse whose only weekday pickup hours were 8am to 5pm. Which is stupidly the time most people are commuting and working.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Hi,

So almost a week ago I created a thread "purolator stole my phone" when I received a empty package with no phone. I had called Samsung to opened a investigation with no updates until I called today and they told me that they will not honor my claim. Since the phone was activated on a network and they have sensitive scales which can detect if earphones are missing. My reponse to this is wft! Also they told me that they can't blacklist the phone which I found strange (can someone please confirm if this is true).

So I'm at a total lost don't know what to do. I'm going to report this to my local police and call my credit card company. What else can I do! I just paid almost $1500 for a Samsung note 8 box. Can anyone help me and provide me Samsungs head office number because Samsungs customer service is useless.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16227 posts
1046 upvotes
Woodbridge
Sorry to hear.

No expert but can't you file a claim with your bank/credit card company?

I'm surprised to hear why can't Samsung go after Puralator, the worst mail carrier.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 11:21 pm
Sorry to hear.

No expert but can't you file a claim with your bank/credit card company?

I'm surprised to hear why can't Samsung go after Puralator, the worst mail carrier.
Yes that's the next thing I'm going to do.

Yeah I thought Samsung would have insurance or something on the package but I asked Samsung customer service person they said no. Also I asked if their investigation covered purolator but no details were provided to what their investigation covered.
Apr 12, 2013
547 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
peanutz wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:22 pm
Was this their response in a chargeback dispute?? The retailer (MS Store) seems to have been negligent. They should have required signature confirmation.

How about escalating to a banking Ombudsman.

I can't believe I am saying this, but eBay and PayPal actually offer more protection from not receiving delivery merchandise than a direct retailer and credit card?
The best protection is ebay + Paypal + CC. is probably the best. Will the Banking Ombudsman care? technically its kind of a credit card issue no? It was a chargeback dispute, and MS Store sent them a packing slip (lol) and apparently that was enough to prove that they shipped the product. I personally dont think MS Store scammed me by not sending the laptop but I wanted to them to push UPS to either compensate them or me directly, as most likely the laptop was shipped but was stolen on the way to my house.
Sep 17, 2017
42 posts
25 upvotes
"Since the phone was activated on a network". They can remotely control phone or push out updates. They have ability. Whether they want to is the question.

I wonder if C/C will go by tracking showing delivered. This means malicious seller or someone in supply chain can get away with shipping piece of clay on a trackable shipping.
Nov 25, 2004
771 posts
231 upvotes
London
can try oop.seca@samsung.com also can try a charge back with ur credit card. some credit cards also have insurance for if something u buy on them gets lost or stolen the ones that do cover it for 90 days. i know some td cards have that not sure what other ones do.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
reader09 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 11:51 pm
"Since the phone was activated on a network". They can remotely control phone or push out updates. They have ability. Whether they want to is the question.

I wonder if C/C will go by tracking showing delivered. This means malicious seller or someone in supply chain can get away with shipping piece of clay on a trackable shipping.
I asked them if they can track the phone, blacklist the phone or even tell me what network the phone was activated on but they said they can't do nothing.
Sep 17, 2017
42 posts
25 upvotes
Bicky wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 12:14 am
I asked them if they can track the phone, blacklist the phone or even tell me what network the phone was activated on but they said they can't do nothing.
It means they don't want to. They do have technical means. This is reason I always have this in back of mind if malicious actor gains control of their network, they can push out anything to anyone's phone.

There is a price to having pure android phone without 3rd party channel that can be exploited.

Credit card purchase protection is pretty common in my mind. Should look into it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)