• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2017 3:19 am
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4689 posts
640 upvotes
kangarooz wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 11:43 pm
The best protection is ebay + Paypal + CC. is probably the best. Will the Banking Ombudsman care? technically its kind of a credit card issue no? It was a chargeback dispute, and MS Store sent them a packing slip (lol) and apparently that was enough to prove that they shipped the product. I personally dont think MS Store scammed me by not sending the laptop but I wanted to them to push UPS to either compensate them or me directly, as most likely the laptop was shipped but was stolen on the way to my house.
I don't know if the banking Ombudsman will care (they tend to be under the employ of the bank itself)...but I'm trying to look at this from as neutral a perspective as possible and it freaks me out that I could have been in your shoes had I ordered from them.

https://www.td.com/to-our-customers/omb ... udsman.jsp

It seems REALLY negligent for MS Store to ship with such bare requirements. Even requiring a signature isn't a failproof system, as a) someone who's not you could technically sign and take the package; or b) I have read about courier delivery people leaving packages at the door without a signature even when something was shipped requiring signature. However, it's all about honest due diligence and I really think MS Store screwed up by not adding a $10 signature requirement.

eBay/PayPal had lots of scams where scammer buyers would claim a shipped item was never received (which eBay/PayPal would default in siding with), so they started requiring signature on higher-cost items for any Seller wanting to challenge a dispute in higher-cost transactions.

In the past year, however, eBay/PayPal ludicrously failed me in my claim that a Seller did not describe her item properly to me because of a technicality in how I categorized my original complaint through their rigid system. (They used such formal statements as "we have concluded this investigation" and "this matter is now closed." It's just official-sounding words for "We don't want to look at it anymore." It does not mean that they are right or that you have to give up.) It was Chase Amazon Visa/Scotiabank's chargeback dispute department who ultimately fought for me and won (over just $250.) There was an eBay thread on RFD where I talked about it at length and posted pictures.

I find it really difficult to be sympathetic to MS Store since you had no control over selecting the shipment security options and TD Bank/Visa's investigation appears extremely flimsy. For all we know the package was delivered, yes, but possibly to the wrong address.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4683 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
That sucks, but of course dont stop fighting. It seems these situations start with the company hoping you will just go away. Hopefully the CC "investigation" goes farther than Samsung showing them a shipping label like someone else's experience in your other thread.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Oct 28, 2013
4 posts
Toronto
Man.... that's the worst thing to happen when we does a pre-order and waited so badly to get the product and at the end.... Hola... just the box...Fearful FaceFearful FaceFearful Face
Sorry to hear that happened for you@bicky

From my knowledge,I think what went wrong is with the Samsung packaging(maybe) Purolator will be picking up the final packaged product from the sender.

P.s- so in this case we can't say stole it, and it's better not to blame anyone.
Banned
Sep 23, 2017
24 posts
14 upvotes
This is not samsung's fault. Imagine if they had a do a chargeback every time a customer "lost" their phone, they would go broke.

If you wanted a backdoor to blacklist or to "block" the phone you should have went with Apple, only they have the draconian means to control their phones like that.

Android is freedom, that means if you find someone else's phone you can keep it. USA USA USA!
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Wasfff wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:34 am
This is not samsung's fault. Imagine if they had a do a chargeback every time a customer "lost" their phone, they would go broke.

If you wanted a backdoor to blacklist or to "block" the phone you should have went with Apple, only they have the draconian means to control their phones like that.

Android is freedom, that means if you find someone else's phone you can keep it. USA USA USA!
Samsung should have some sort of insurance on the package or the customer should have a option to get insurance when shipping. Also this is their fault because they should give the customer a option to pick up the package if their not going to take any responsibility for the package. Plus this isn't a lost phone it's a phone that was stolen by their employees or their 3rd party companies because I never received the phone just a empty box. Imagine if you purchased a expensive product from a company and the only response you get is we can't honor claim. I'm not a unreasonable person but when I get a bs answer that shows they didn't do their job properly then of course I'm going to blame the company.
Sep 17, 2017
42 posts
25 upvotes
Wasfff wrote:

How do you think Samsung pushed out battery crippling software to Note 7 only in selected region? They do have technical means to push anything to devices they choose. If you don't know technical design behind please don't spread falsehoods.

A new kicker this week? Those who didn't care about latest Android updates, DirtyCow is actively being exploited a year after making headlines. All without your knowledge your phone can be under remote command and control. Not many believed in importance of monthly patches and now it's time for them to learn a lesson.

Credit card protection is administered by 3rd party. You can go for it even while the dispute is going on. Look up paperwork sent to you for contact.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2009
1484 posts
441 upvotes
Edmonton
Randalpink73 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 4:59 pm
What was OP's final result?
They sided with the thief, And told OP is out of luck...
Aug 3, 2015
223 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry about the loss OP. A shot in the dark, but you could try going on LinkedIn and finding some internal Samsung employees/seniors who could help you out.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3722 posts
1556 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 12:05 am
can try oop.seca@samsung.com also can try a charge back with ur credit card. some credit cards also have insurance for if something u buy on them gets lost or stolen the ones that do cover it for 90 days. i know some td cards have that not sure what other ones do.
reader09 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 12:16 am
Credit card purchase protection is pretty common in my mind. Should look into it.
There is no insurance for loss or theft from any credit card until the product is delivered.
Nov 25, 2004
771 posts
231 upvotes
London
hvwozq wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 1:33 am
There is no insurance for loss or theft from any credit card until the product is delivered.
actually i had a package up left on door step by ups and someone swiped it. the seller refused to contact ups to file the claim. i had used a td visa at the time and i was able to use the theft insurance to get money back. i just had to fill out some paper work file a police report and then mail all that in to the td insurance dept. took about 2 months and a couple follow up phone calls but they paid for the full value of the item.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3722 posts
1556 upvotes
Wasfff wrote:

What the hell are you even talking about? :lol: Are you high or do you have some other problems? He wouldn't be able to "block" an iPhone either if it is stolen before delivery. The only phone he could "block" would be if he is buying from Google's Play Store, and he chooses to link the device to his account. I don't know if that option still exists. But then, it is very easy to flash another image, so it is useless, and the thief who "finds" this phone gets to keep and use it.
Banned
Sep 23, 2017
24 posts
14 upvotes
Bicky wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 12:35 pm
Hi,

I preordered the Samsung note 8 from Samsungs website and the package was delivered by purolator yesterday. When I opened the package I found the seal on the Samsung note 8 box cut and no Samsung note 8 inside. I have already called Samsung and purolator. They will be investigating which will take a couple of days :(. My question is has this happened to anyone if so what was the out come?
That thief is probably reading this on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 while eating a big plate of butter chicken.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1431 posts
132 upvotes
Pickering
Wasfff wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 7:47 am
That thief is probably reading this on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 while eating a big plate of butter chicken.
What are you inferring? Only those that eat butter chicken steals phones. Don't you think a meat and potato individual could steal the phone.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Randalpink73 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 4:59 pm
What was OP's final result?
Basically Samsung screwed me over. They half assed the investigation and said that the phone was activated so they will not honor the claim. As for purolator they want me to file a claim because their investigation found nothing. I have also filed a claimed with bbb.org let's see how that goes and will be filing a report with the police.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)