Samsung scammed me and shipped out an empty Samsung Note 8 box

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2017 3:19 am
Sep 17, 2017
42 posts
25 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 1:33 am
There is no insurance for loss or theft from any credit card until the product is delivered.
Product is delivered. This is basis for denying chargeback. If you don't know don't spread falsehoods.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2673 posts
2834 upvotes
Are you able obtain the shipping weight from Purolator ? Assuming purolator actually weighed the package accurately.....If the phone was missing already before purolator picked it up, then you should have the evident the original package has no phone by checking the weigh. However, if the weigh is correct, then phone is probably stolen by purolator and in this case, it is hard to prove.
Bicky wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 10:00 am
Basically Samsung screwed me over. They half assed the investigation and said that the phone was activated so they will not honor the claim. As for purolator they want me to file a claim because their investigation found nothing. I have also filed a claimed with bbb.org let's see how that goes and will be filing a report with the police.
Dec 12, 2014
781 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hvwozq wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 10:27 am
:facepalm: What is the product? Note 8. Did OP receive a Note 8? No. Don't post if your brain isn't functioning properly.
Thanks for that. His post was truly facepalm worthy.
Banned
Sep 23, 2017
24 posts
14 upvotes
Bicky wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 10:00 am
Basically Samsung screwed me over. They half assed the investigation and said that the phone was activated so they will not honor the claim. As for purolator they want me to file a claim because their investigation found nothing. I have also filed a claimed with bbb.org let's see how that goes and will be filing a report with the police.
How is this Samsungs fault? The postal worker stole it. Butter chicken. Get the police to find the worker who stole your phone you tough guy.

Call your carrier to blacklist the phone too. Make sure you disable it using Find my Android too via your Gmail account. And get your carrier to turn on the killswitch on the phone. You don't actually own the hardware when you buy a smartphone, you are renting it. That is why you cannot even install your own operating system on the phone, you have to stick with Android, because they lock it down. Can you imagine otherwise, then you can install iOS on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. That would be incredible.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3722 posts
1556 upvotes
Wasfff wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 11:17 am
Call your carrier to blacklist the phone too. Make sure you disable it using Find my Android too via your Gmail account. And get your carrier to turn on the killswitch on the phone. You don't actually own the hardware when you buy a smartphone, you are renting it. That is why you cannot even install your own operating system on the phone, you have to stick with Android, because they lock it down. Can you imagine otherwise, then you can install iOS on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. That would be incredible.
Actually, you can install your own operating system. Go check XDA Developers. Write your own operating system from scratch if you want something other than Android.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Wasfff wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 11:17 am
How is this Samsungs fault? The postal worker stole it. Butter chicken. Get the police to find the worker who stole your phone you tough guy.

I bought the phone through Samsung not my carrier so my carrier doesn't care.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7822 posts
2709 upvotes
Toronto
Bring it to Citynews attention or Pat Foran at CTV.
Bicky wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 10:42 pm
I bought the phone through Samsung not my carrier so my carrier doesn't care.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 8, 2006
592 posts
7 upvotes
I have problem to understand what is what you would like to achieve. You phone is missing and we can assume it was stolen. You have to understand that this situation as much is disappointing to you will take time to solve. There a many scenarios here to take in to account and unfortunately you will have to do a lot to provide evidence that you do not trying to scam seller. This involves police report - did you made one ? Did you file with Purolator paperwork that item was missing? Did you started with your credit card company procedure of charge back? How did you contact with the shipper or seller, by phone? This people are from general calling centre, with very limited ability or time to do anything. You have to do all in writing, email or even old fashion way of registered letter, so it gets attention of the people who can actually do something with your situation. I think up to now investigation involved checking trucking number and seeing if the package was delivered and it was, so “investigation was closed. When you file police report it show that you are serious and you are trying to get your property back. You can inform police that you were told that phone was activated and therefore someone should be easy to track. Unfortunately all will take a lot of time and you will not find quick solution to your problem. Be patient and you will get your money back, but you will have to the work.
:arrow: Edmonton :arrowl:
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Bumba wrote:
Sep 30th, 2017 5:24 pm
I have problem to understand what is what you would like to achieve. You phone is missing and we can assume it was stolen. You have to understand that this situation as much is disappointing to you will take time to solve. There a many scenarios here to take in to account and unfortunately you will have to do a lot to provide evidence that you do not trying to scam seller. This involves police report - did you made one ? Did you file with Purolator paperwork that item was missing? Did you started with your credit card company procedure of charge back? How did you contact with the shipper or seller, by phone? This people are from general calling centre, with very limited ability or time to do anything. You have to do all in writing, email or even old fashion way of registered letter, so it gets attention of the people who can actually do something with your situation. I think up to now investigation involved checking trucking number and seeing if the package was delivered and it was, so “investigation was closed. When you file police report it show that you are serious and you are trying to get your property back. You can inform police that you were told that phone was activated and therefore someone should be easy to track. Unfortunately all will take a lot of time and you will not find quick solution to your problem. Be patient and you will get your money back, but you will have to the work.
I don't really under the point of your post. What am I trying to achieve? Well I think that is common sense I want to get what I paid for not a empty box.

Yes I know it will take time and there is a chance that I may not get a phone and end up with a very expensive box. I did file a police report and I've already contacted my credit card company to do a chargeback. My real concern is the lack of help from Samsung because their "investigation" was a joke and they did not provide me with any information regarding the "investigation". Also when I asked them if they can file a claim with purolator they said no because it's not in their policy and I can't file a claim as purolator said the shipper has to. Sadly it is what it is.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2508 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
OP I am deeply sorry about your situation.

Have you tried Twitting Samsung regarding this matter? As an alternative you may handwrite a letter addressed to Samsung Canada President (or other top officials) about it but don’t expect immediate response. I did the same when I had issues with my Honda and one of the PR heads responded in 19 business days.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Jun 28, 2011
135 posts
8 upvotes
Oakville
Very sorry to read about your Note 8 fiasco Bicky.

I bought an S8+ last week and its status has stayed the same for the last 4 days - "Preparing for Dispatch". I've called Samsung customer service a couple of times and my experience is the same as yours - they are totally useless. They have no idea what's going on with the phone and have no clue when it will be shipped. I will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully will get the phone soon.
Aug 17, 2009
491 posts
230 upvotes
Here's what one could do. This is for information only. Seek legal advice, if need be:

a. File a police report, for stolen property. Show proof of payment and declare non-receipt of goods.

b. Commence a dispute with your credit card (paper not over the phone) provider, disputing the charge, because goods not delivered. Use police report in point a. above, as part of your proof.

c. Commence a claim with the company that should have couriered your phone (paper, not over the phone), on the basis that you did not receive your phone. Use police report in point a. and dispute in point b. as part of your proof.

d. Commence a claim with the company that should have shipped your phone (paper, not over the phone), and use as proof, a., b., and c.

e. Now that you have a decent amount of paper trail, commence a Small Claims Court action, against all involved (except police). You have 2 years to do so, from date you discovered loss. All the info. you need to start a claim can be found here. You will need to invest a couple of hundred dollars.

Word to the wise, be sure that the phone is truly lost and not in the hands of someone close to you. There's good chance if you do the above, you will be taken seriously. Another investigation will be done (most likely by all parties). There's good chance they will settle with you. BUT, if the investigation reveals the phone's whereabouts are near you (i.e. in your possession, or family relative, etc.), then you could be looking at criminal charges (fraud) and civil actions against you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)