2709 upvotes
Toronto
Poor Bicky........

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Thank you sir this is the best advise I got so. I've already done a police report and a report with my credit company. just need to read the link you posted for small claims court and I should be good to go. thanks again for the link.

Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 3:11 pm
Here's what one could do. This is for information only. Seek legal advice, if need be:

a. File a police report, for stolen property. Show proof of payment and declare non-receipt of goods.

b. Commence a dispute with your credit card (paper not over the phone) provider, disputing the charge, because goods not delivered. Use police report in point a. above, as part of your proof.

c. Commence a claim with the company that should have couriered your phone (paper, not over the phone), on the basis that you did not receive your phone. Use police report in point a. and dispute in point b. as part of your proof.

d. Commence a claim with the company that should have shipped your phone (paper, not over the phone), and use as proof, a., b., and c.

e. Now that you have a decent amount of paper trail, commence a Small Claims Court action, against all involved (except police). You have 2 years to do so, from date you discovered loss. All the info. you need to start a claim can be found here. You will need to invest a couple of hundred dollars.

Word to the wise, be sure that the phone is truly lost and not in the hands of someone close to you. There's good chance if you do the above, you will be taken seriously. Another investigation will be done (most likely by all parties). There's good chance they will settle with you. BUT, if the investigation reveals the phone's whereabouts are near you (i.e. in your possession, or family relative, etc.), then you could be looking at criminal charges (fraud) and civil actions against you.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2673 posts
2834 upvotes
Wondering if Samsung can provide you the time when the phone is activated ?? Because if the phone is activated before you sign the package, then it won't make sense at all.
Aug 17, 2009
491 posts
230 upvotes
Bicky wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 6:32 pm
Thank you sir this is the best advise I got so. I've already done a police report and a report with my credit company. just need to read the link you posted for small claims court and I should be good to go. thanks again for the link.
No worries. If you're in Toronto, the Small Claims Court is at Yonge & Sheppard (47 Sheppard Ave. E., to be exact). You can get a physical copy of the Plaintiff's Claim (form 7A) from there (3rd floor) or print it out on-line from here. Buona fortuna!
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
I called Samsung today again and they said that fact that I signed for the package they could not do anything more. I guess I will be going to small claims. Anyone know a good lawyer?
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
lcmt wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:10 pm
Wondering if Samsung can provide you the time when the phone is activated ?? Because if the phone is activated before you sign the package, then it won't make sense at all.
They are now telling me that the phone was activated after I received the package however can't provide a date or time or what network the phone was activated on.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2673 posts
2834 upvotes
Sorry to hear this. Hope you can get the money back or replacement of the phone. I believe it is going to happen again from other customers if Samsung cannot find a permanent solution to solve it. Samsung needs something similar to credit card security. Mailing the security key and the product in different mail, and the phone can only be activated by the actual owner from predefined number or device.
Bicky wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:03 pm
They are now telling me that the phone was activated after I received the package however can't provide a date or time or what network the phone was activated on.
Sep 19, 2008
86 posts
3 upvotes
I am in the same boat. I bought a Note 8 2 weeks ago and received an empty note 8 box last Monday(Oct 2). Immediately called Purolator and Samsung, still waiting for the result of their investigation. Filed a police report on Friday and called my CC company asked me to file a claim for Purchase Security. Not sure if this is going to end well for me as well. Anybody with experience in filing such claims with TD Visa?
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
tonyth wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:12 pm
I am in the same boat. I bought a Note 8 2 weeks ago and received an empty note 8 box last Monday(Oct 2). Immediately called Purolator and Samsung, still waiting for the result of their investigation. Filed a police report on Friday and called my CC company asked me to file a claim for Purchase Security. Not sure if this is going to end well for me as well. Anybody with experience in filing such claims with TD Visa?
Sorry to hear that. Was the police any help? The officer I talked to he said he was going to take the report but they don't have the resources to look into it and this was Ontario Provincial Police.

Also do you live in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2673 posts
2834 upvotes
If it happens to more than one customer, I think you may want to send this situation to media, this will be helpful on catching the company attention.
Sep 19, 2008
86 posts
3 upvotes
Yes I live in Ontario, no the police just approved my report and sent me a police report number. Im guessing its routine for them for people asking for them for charge back.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4683 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
I doubt the police would be any help, it's just a step in the process you need to do. If there's enough reports the data could be used to find something but highly unlikely.

I don't think you need a lawyer for small claims.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Oct 11, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
The exact same thing happened to me. I order the note 8 online through Samsung Canada on September 27, 2017 and I received an unsealed phone box with no phone inside. I picked up the package myself on October 2nd from a Purolator branch in Mississauga, but there was no way to tell if the package was empty because the phone box itself contained a couple of instruction manuals and a usb connector, adding to the weight of the package. I immediately called both Purolator and Samsung, the results of both investigations were negative. I spoke with a manager at Samsung to escalate my case, but he said he couldn't do anything else since they believe there were no discrepancies in the shipping process and that the phone was supposed to be in the box....
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
66 posts
16 upvotes
Ma7moud2017 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:16 pm
The exact same thing happened to me. I order the note 8 online through Samsung Canada on September 27, 2017 and I received an unsealed phone box with no phone inside. I picked up the package myself on October 2nd from a Purolator branch in Mississauga, but there was no way to tell if the package was empty because the phone box itself contained a couple of instruction manuals and a usb connector, adding to the weight of the package. I immediately called both Purolator and Samsung, the results of both investigations were negative. I spoke with a manager at Samsung to escalate my case, but he said he couldn't do anything else since they believe there were no discrepancies in the shipping process and that the phone was supposed to be in the box....
OMG this is crazy we should all go to the media because Purolator needs to take responsibility for this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)