Shopping Discussion

Samsung scammed me and shipped out an empty Samsung Note 8 box

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2017 6:49 am
Oct 11, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
I agree, let's plan something out. We need to do something about this ASAP and get the media involved. If anything, Samsung shares equal, if not more responsibility for not ensuring that customers get what they paid for. Samsung should be the one going after Purolator and not the customers, assuming the phones were actually shipped in the packages.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
67 posts
16 upvotes
Ma7moud2017 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 10:30 pm
I agree, let's plan something out. We need to do something about this ASAP and get the media involved. If anything, Samsung shares equal, if not more responsibility for not ensuring that customers get what they paid for. Samsung should be the one going after Purolator and not the customers, assuming the phones were actually shipped in the packages.
Absolutely Samsung should be the one fighting on behalf of their customers however they told me that the investigation came back negative and the phone was activated after I received the phone so though luck. I'm going to email cp24, Toronto star, Brampton guardian and any other media place I can think of. I'll keep you posted if they get back to me. Also you should do the same start emailing some of these news places.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
67 posts
16 upvotes
if anyone knows someone who is dealing with a similar situation please have them post here.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
2705 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
My company deals with shipping to clients a lot.

The Shipper is suppose to open a claim with the courier.

However, I don't understand why your credit card won't do a charge back. Unless you a very new client or have a habit of charging back, they should give you benefit of the doubt.
Sep 19, 2008
88 posts
3 upvotes
Ok purolator just told me they found nothing and file a claim. Samsung still investigating, been 9 business days.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2682 posts
2837 upvotes
I don't believe they can find anything even from Samsung. I believe this is being done by organized group of people and they probably find a loophole on the entire shipping process and they can recognize the package has an expensive phone. If Samsung is not going to do something, I believe more customers will receive package with empty phone in the future. As customer, I think it is better NOT buying any expensive phone online especially if the courier is using Purolator.
tonyth wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 4:06 pm
Ok purolator just told me they found nothing and file a claim. Samsung still investigating, been 9 business days.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3818 posts
1084 upvotes
Calgary
OP you need to change the thread title to "Samsung scammed me and shipped out an empty Samsung Note 8 box". This will get picked up by Google eventually go to the top on search due to the popularity of the site.

It is pretty clear based on your story, tonyth, and Ma7moud2017 that this is not on Purolator, but happened from Samsung's warehouse. It sounds like Purolator did their thing, and it's not on their end. On the other hand, Samsung is dodging responsibility, when they could easily find out more about the case. The fact that 3 Samsung Note 8 were stolen the exact same way shows it's something happening at the origin. That's 3 people who have read this thread that have been victimised by Samsung

All 3 of you need to ask to speak to a manager at Samsung, and ask for proof that the phone was activated where you live (they can't). Ask for a copy of their research on your case. I cannot believe that Samsung would use the 'activated on network' excuse as a reason to deny the claim, yet will not even confirm where it was activated.

Unfortunately, it seems that no one reacts until it goes social / viral. Make the change to the thread title so it is visible (the same way that Purolator reacted). Post your story on Facebook, and see if anyone has the same story. Go to a media outlet, maybe there are others. This is clearly widespread theft and Samsung needs to take ownership (I am deliberately putting Samsung's name multiple times so that it it caught by Google :D)

* Edited to add tony, as there are 3 cases of this
Last edited by Firebot on Oct 13th, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 19, 2008
88 posts
3 upvotes
Going to file a claim with TD Visa, hopefully they will come through. Yeah I am never buying anything expensive over the internet again, and if I have to I will open the package at the door to make sure.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2682 posts
2837 upvotes
Receiving the right product should be the responsibility from sellers (Samsung). It is even worst when the buyer receive nothing except only the package. Any excuse from Samsung is unacceptable. Unless Samsung can prove the buyer did actually receive the phone, Samsung should claim this loss with the insurance and either issue the replacement or refund to the buyer. If Samsung didn't buy the insurance, it is Samsung's fault. As a big company, the management don't have the concept about insurance is totally unacceptable.

Nobody will buy anything online if the sellers does NOT ensure the buyer will receive the right product. Signature cannot be used to prove the buyer actually receive the phone, it can only prove the buyer receive of box of something.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11597 posts
2459 upvotes
Montreal
Doesn't Samsung have any way to blacklist the phones, as that would solve all the the issues - they blacklist the stolen one, and you get a replacement and the old phone is unusable.

probably not, but I haven't owned an android in years, only Apple.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
67 posts
16 upvotes
Changed the title
Firebot wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 6:00 pm
OP you need to change the thread title to "Samsung scammed me and shipped out an empty Samsung Note 8 box". This will get picked up by Google eventually go to the top on search due to the popularity of the site.

It is pretty clear based on your story, tonyth, and Ma7moud2017 that this is not on Purolator, but happened from Samsung's warehouse. It sounds like Purolator did their thing, and it's not on their end. On the other hand, Samsung is dodging responsibility, when they could easily find out more about the case. The fact that 3 Samsung Note 8 were stolen the exact same way shows it's something happening at the origin. That's 3 people who have read this thread that have been victimised by Samsung

All 3 of you need to ask to speak to a manager at Samsung, and ask for proof that the phone was activated where you live (they can't). Ask for a copy of their research on your case. I cannot believe that Samsung would use the 'activated on network' excuse as a reason to deny the claim, yet will not even confirm where it was activated.

Unfortunately, it seems that no one reacts until it goes social / viral. Make the change to the thread title so it is visible (the same way that Purolator reacted). Post your story on Facebook, and see if anyone has the same story. Go to a media outlet, maybe there are others. This is clearly widespread theft and Samsung needs to take ownership (I am deliberately putting Samsung's name multiple times so that it it caught by Google :D)

* Edited to add tony, as there are 3 cases of this
[OP]
Dec 4, 2009
67 posts
16 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 6:57 pm
Doesn't Samsung have any way to blacklist the phones, as that would solve all the the issues - they blacklist the stolen one, and you get a replacement and the old phone is unusable.

probably not, but I haven't owned an android in years, only Apple.

Samsung said they can't do that which is messed up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)