Samsung scammed me and shipped out an empty Samsung Note 8 box

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2018 6:02 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
Corneliuss wrote: I had a friend when he was hammered was like I'm not gonna spend anymore money puts all his cash without an envelope into the atm... idiot

He gets a letter saying he didn't put anything in so they investigated it for 3 months.
It turns out the person that collects the money stole it all all and they apologised but he had to talk to a private investigator & all the other shit because until they were able to review all the tapes they thought he was lieing
most new ATMs here in Toronto have done away with envelopes completely for deposits. Too bad, I used them to mail stuff all the time ;)
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Aug 25, 2011
344 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Redsanta wrote: Amazon just lost my package...so go figures
If they lost your package they will cover it usually which is nice
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
sprung wrote: most new ATMs here in Toronto have done away with envelopes completely for deposits. Too bad, I used them to mail stuff all the time ;)
ya i was just gonna say that cibc replaced there there machines here in downtown london u just put the cash or check directly in and it will scan it in.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Unless you lost package few times within short time period or the package contains high value item, Amazon normally will send out the replacement upon contacting the CSR.

NO, the sellers is supposed to be responsible until the buyer receive the right product. The buyer supposes to have insurance to cover any loss during transportation, otherwise, nobody is willing to buy anything online. I have no idea why is so hard for Samsung to send out replacement unless the company is so cheap and not buying any insurance.
MasterPro wrote: Amazon lost my package and it was so difficult to get money.

Amazon has a special crazy rule - when the item is sent, they are not responsible for anything
Oct 11, 2017
8 posts
5 upvotes
tonyth wrote: What did Samsung say about the label showing less? Mine says 1.60 lbs both on the label and Samsung packing slip.
Same here, mine says 1.6 lbs on both
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
Any small claims filed yet? Seems like the only way. Don't wait on media/social media.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Sep 19, 2008
94 posts
5 upvotes
Any small claims filed yet? Seems like the only way. Don't wait on media/social media.
Waiting on my Visa claim
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
In this case, you miss more than a phone. According to Samsung, the following items should be included in the package. It will be helpful if anyone buys from Samsung online too and check the weight of the shipping label for you. If it is more than 1.6lb, then the evident of losing the phone before Purolator picked up the package is very high.

Device with S Pen
USB cable
Earphone
Ejection pin
USB power adaptor
USB connector (USB type-C)
Micro USB connector
Pen nibs
Tweezer
Case
Quick start guide
Ma7moud2017 wrote: Yes, my box only contained a usb connector. I am one of the customers that received an empty phone box from Samsung.
Oct 11, 2017
8 posts
5 upvotes
lcmt wrote: In this case, you miss more than a phone. According to Samsung, the following items should be included in the package. It will be helpful if anyone buys from Samsung online too and check the weight of the shipping label for you. If it is more than 1.6lb, then the evident of losing the phone before Purolator picked up the package is very high.

Device with S Pen
USB cable
Earphone
Ejection pin
USB power adaptor
USB connector (USB type-C)
Micro USB connector
Pen nibs
Tweezer
Case
Quick start guide
I know that I'm missing all of that, but according to Samsung, they claim that according to their investigation, the phone and all the accessories that come with it were supposed to be in the box when they shipped it. I have no idea how they investigated this case. I asked them to allow me to speak with their investigation department to know exactly how the investigation went, but they refused. Also, when I filed a complaint through Purolator, I was told by an assistant manager who investigated my case that they don't weigh all the packages they receive, especially if they are lightweight, so there is no way to tell if Samsung actually shipped the phone. Right now, I am waiting for the chargeback request that I filed through my bank. If the chargeback fails, I will be filing a consumer complaint with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, and then hire a lawyer and commence legal action through a small claims court.
Oct 19, 2017
7 posts
9 upvotes
ANOTHER EMPTY NOTE 8 box... direct from Samsung... shipped by Purolator!

Okay... looks like I am number 4. I ordered a Note 8 from Samsung. I tracked it online. It was supposed to be dropped of yesterday but wasn't so I last night and arranged that I would pick it up from the outlet. I went there today. Signed for the package 10:20ish. Noticed a dent in the box. Opened it... there was a Samsung Note 8 box inside... but the seal was broken. Opened the samsung box. Nothing was it it except the pen tips and puller. I notified the folks at the desk right away... a bunch of other people had come in by then. Phoned and reported this to both Purolator and Samsung before I even left the building. Sent them both pictures of the box when I returned back to work. Looks like the box may have been cleverly taped back up.

From what I am reading I should probably report it to the police & then the credit card company as well. Any other thoughts?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
definitely sounds like an inside theft ring in the works.... doubtful Samsung would own up to shipping empty boxes though,
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
anyone else who buys one should film there unboxing of it
Oct 19, 2017
7 posts
9 upvotes
There is a film of someone in the states doing this.
Samsung needs to change there web page to advise others not to sign for their package until the open the Samsung box.
I've had no luck finding their Canadian corperate phone number. I might try making this suggestion on facebook as they should be under some obligation to their customers if they have had repeated complaints.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
The courier won't allow you to touch the package until you provide the signature. This is the official rule to all courier, Samsung has no right to change it. However, if you pickup the package, the office must have a scale to measure the weight, you maybe able to ask them to weight it before you sign the package.
Gonepaddling wrote: There is a film of someone in the states doing this.
Samsung needs to change there web page to advise others not to sign for their package until the open the Samsung box.
I've had no luck finding their Canadian corperate phone number. I might try making this suggestion on facebook as they should be under some obligation to their customers if they have had repeated complaints.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
lcmt wrote: The weight still doesn't add up correctly. According to Samsung website, the phone should weigh 195g. Did you miss other accessories as well from the package ?

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/ga ... te8/specs/
lcmt wrote: In this case, you miss more than a phone. According to Samsung, the following items should be included in the package. It will be helpful if anyone buys from Samsung online too and check the weight of the shipping label for you. If it is more than 1.6lb, then the evident of losing the phone before Purolator picked up the package is very high.
Do you realise that 195 g is ~0.43 lbs, which is less than 1.6 lbs?

You won't get anywhere with that shipping weight anyway. When I create a shipping label, I always enter 1x1x1 inches and 1 lbs, which is what shows up on the shipping label. Then the courier measures and weighs the package at their sorting centre. They don't create a new shipping label, but they update the charges they bill to the account. It caused a big headache with Amazon when I returned a PS4 in a 1x1x1 inches 1 lbs box. :lol:
Oct 5, 2002
549 posts
262 upvotes
i don't think there is a factory sticker that needs to be cut or peeled off the box of the Note 8. The Note 7 had a sticker on the box that needed to be cut or removed in order to open the box but not the Note 8. The Note 8 box is designed differently so that it doesn't open by itself by accident.

Any other Note 8 owners that receive their phone may chime in and confirm this.
Dec 4, 2009
74 posts
32 upvotes
This is crazy more people are becoming victims because Samsung refuses to do anything which is creating a loophole for these individuals to get away.

Has anyone had luck blacklisting the device? Currently my goal is to get the phone blacklisted so no one can use it but no one is doing it. Samsung said no, the police said to call Samsung and my phone company said they cannot do it as I did not buy it from them :(.
Oct 22, 2017
5 posts
Wow there is more of us. Two weeks I have been battling Samsung. Note 8 box empty and a case bought from them just an empty box.

Investigations and being lied to by Samsung employees. They treat the situation as if I have all the time In the world to figure out what has happened.

Reship the phones or give us our money back bottom line. Your investigations can be done on Samsung's own time.

So I am two weeks in but for the forum I will say I guess I am #5 in the area who has been a victim of note 8 fraud.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)