Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Trade-in and save a minimum of $200 off on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge

May 6, 2016
16 posts
5 upvotes
Looks like Samsung change a price for S7 adn S7E.
Now on Samsung website S7 cost 870$, S7E - 1000$.
As far as I remember last time it was 750$ and 850$.
The promotions page on Samsung's website hasn't been updated yet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5143 posts
2182 upvotes
Mississauga
User004426 wrote: Looks like Samsung change a price for S7 adn S7E.
Guess they don't feel under threat from Apple/Google anymore.
However, I don't like how the price can fluctuate up and down like this.
Maybe they need more profit to cover Note 7 loss.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1156 posts
886 upvotes
Waterloo
The trade-in promo existed beyond Samsung Experience stores and was a planned promo. The SE store differed as they would take junk as a trade-in for the minimum $200 off.

Coupled with a price reduction likely designed to 1) help 7 series devices during the Note 7 challenge, 2) pull in those on the fence about iPhone 7 vs. Samsung 7 series or both you ended up with a great deal. The two were likely not specifically designed to run at the same time as they had different target objectives but maybe they didn't care, notice, or have control to adjust their promos and how they wanted to execute them.

Let's remember, 7 series is still very new, 6 months. They are selling very well. The current prices reflect a competitive market with the S7 priced just below a 32GB iPhone 7.

People who are getting their panties in a knot suggesting Samsung doesn't know what they're doing, the devices are priced too high now, that they should have more promos and be dropping prices more or that they're going to wait "until it's $500" or whatever can keep saying what they want and wasting breath and time.

I was about to buy the s7e when it was $900 plus the $200 trade-in credit. Luckily it went to $850 and I drove 1.5h round trip the next day to get it. Those that hummed and hawed, too bad. As for their lack of availability at the end of the month, what's the RFD saying? Buy first think later?

Good luck to those still wishing for one. Hopefully a decent deal pops up and it likely will.
Dec 2, 2003
72 posts
37 upvotes
Waterloo
User004426 wrote: Looks like Samsung change a price for S7 adn S7E.
Well, that settles it. Just bought a OP3. $647 CAD all-in for a S7 was a helluva deal while it lasted.
May 18, 2003
146 posts
24 upvotes
Burnaby
Good thing I did the same thing too. Trade in my old slow Note II for S7E just the day before the promo ends. So far.. no regret yet (because I haven't seen my credit card bill yet hahahaha)
Oct 22, 2006
479 posts
74 upvotes
I read an article yesterday in the star about the Note 7 battery fiasco. In it there was a quote from one of the VP's at Samsung Canada. He said that they are planning to re-launch the Note 7 at the beginning of Nov. I would think we would see more promotions for both the Note and Galaxy devices at that time.
Sep 27, 2016
73 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone have an update on any upcoming promotions or discounts for the S7?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3196 posts
735 upvotes
Ditto - Looking out for a deal on the S7E now

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)