Cell Phones

Samsung: Wind, Mobilicity, Videotron Galaxy S3 users to receive 4.1.1. FRIDAYish

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2012 11:20 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7548 posts
387 upvotes
Scarborough

Samsung: Wind, Mobilicity, Videotron Galaxy S3 users to receive 4.1.1. FRIDAYish

Great news! Mobilicity, Vidéotron and Wind GALAXY S III owners will start receiving Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.1) on Friday with a staggered rollout into next week. Stay tuned for more upgrade announcements very soon.

via MobileSyrup
No, I do NOT have any Z10's or Z30's left for sale. Stop PM'ing me!
BST Reference: Heatware | RFD
Wins: 2010 - Asus G73Sw-AY1 / 2012 - $50 BB Card in "RFD OT Reboot" / 2013 - MobilSyrup.com Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE from Bell
14 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7548 posts
387 upvotes
Scarborough
I was going to comment on how few people were making comments about this, then I realized this is Mobi / Wind / VT, and they have very few customers, let alone those who have the S3.
No, I do NOT have any Z10's or Z30's left for sale. Stop PM'ing me!
BST Reference: Heatware | RFD
Wins: 2010 - Asus G73Sw-AY1 / 2012 - $50 BB Card in "RFD OT Reboot" / 2013 - MobilSyrup.com Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE from Bell
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1934 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully this phone goes on sale on boxing day
Nov 11, 2012
876 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
o0vL wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:07 pm
my phone automatically started downloading the update just now.
Mine didn't but I checked just to see and the update is downloading. About 80% done. I am on WIND.

EDIT:
It downloaded and works perfectly. So far all apps work. Liking when you hold an app to move to another screen if something else is there it shifts around to make room like it does on the iphone. Plus you can finally add folders and change backgrounds much quicker. The only thing that sucks is folders open slow as hell. The animation takes forever. By forever I mean max 1 second, but before it was instant.
Dec 9, 2004
455 posts
26 upvotes
harryt wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 6:55 pm
Not sure about wind... but I've seen it go for $0 last week on 3 yr deals.
S3 for $0? Don't think so...
Jun 15, 2011
37673 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
shmogt wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:31 pm
Mine didn't but I checked just to see and the update is downloading. About 80% done. I am on WIND.

EDIT:
It downloaded and works perfectly. So far all apps work. Liking when you hold an app to move to another screen if something else is there it shifts around to make room like it does on the iphone. Plus you can finally add folders and change backgrounds much quicker. The only thing that sucks is folders open slow as hell. The animation takes forever. By forever I mean max 1 second, but before it was instant.
Already had that feature on my GNexus back in early summer :razz: You mean widgets mostly. :razz:
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
1817 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
saw this thread, did a check and my phone started downloading it. 100mb down 200something to go :D
Wooho
Nov 11, 2012
876 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
djemzine wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 12:20 am
Already had that feature on my GNexus back in early summer :razz: You mean widgets mostly. :razz:
I mean everything lol.

I turned off animations for everything to try to speed up these slow folders and it's impossible. With no animations the phone is insane, I just think it and it opens practically. Was crazy fast, but I put them back to make it a little more fun lol. I can't find how to change the speed of folders tho, there is no options I can see. Also everything loaded really slow once I updated. It is fine now so maybe it was just an optimizing thing. Like the new notifications bar the time at the top a lot bigger is so much better. I did notice that in chrome pages took longer to load and really long when I zoom in and you see that text go blurry than clears up. I can actually see that happening while before it was almost instant.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
mingsi wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 12:08 am
S3 for $0? Don't think so...
harryt wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 2:38 am
No I DID see it!! But it was a black Friday deal I think in Canada. I think it was Bell that had it for $0 on a 3 yr term. They had this deal for about 2-3 days.
Yes, I saw that too (with 3 year term).

In addition, Costco is giving out $150 gift card but I don't know how much they charge for Rogers and Bell's S3 (for a 3 year term).
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2546 posts
144 upvotes
I have an S3 with Mobi and my update started yesterday.

After the update, Mobi sent a message to me saying they had to do an update with them to smooth the integration so I did that update as well. Since both of these updates, I now fluctuate between H+ and 4g whereas before it was a fluctuation between 3g and H+. Needless to say, I'm very happy as the increased speed with 4g is quite noticable.
× < >