Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

SanDisk 64GB EXTREME Class 10 40 MB/S SD Card - $80

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2012 12:56 pm
Tags:
None
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1335 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
that's freaking huge! i paid $50 for a 16gb class 10 less than a year ago :(
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty hot. Only application I could think of is low-compression video files.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
tomulek wrote: Different model nr.

Ah damn. You're right! Deleting the post.. lol.
Jul 18, 2009
58 posts
3 upvotes
I am planning of buying another SD card ...this $80 dollar one is tempting. I got 2 of the 16Gb extreme SanDisk. It says 30MB/s SD HC and the Newegg one says 45MB/s SD XC. Whats the difference between the SD HC and SD XC? Is the Newegg different from the one they are selling in Bestbuy? Just want the 64GB to take some pictures when I go on vacation soon. Your expert advice is greatly appreciated.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
ibbyvenpin wrote: I am planning of buying another SD card ...this $80 dollar one is tempting. I got 2 of the 16Gb extreme SanDisk. It says 30MB/s SD HC and the Newegg one says 45MB/s SD XC. Whats the difference between the SD HC and SD XC? Is the Newegg different from the one they are selling in Bestbuy? Just want the 64GB to take some pictures when I go on vacation soon. Your expert advice is greatly appreciated.

i think the primary difference is the ability to have over 32Gb in the SDXC format. SDHC maximum is 32Gb so anything >32Gb must be in SDXC format

this is of course, all based on some quick googling.

IMO 64Gb is a lot for pics, unless of course you have a D800 and shoot in raw. not to mention you already have two 16Gb cards already... now that's a lot of pictures to go through after your vacation :)
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1276 posts
301 upvotes
Good deal. The Camera Store is currently selling the same class 16GB Sandisk for $19.99, but it's sold out. This would be the equivalent...but better! Too bad I don't need SD cards at the moment...
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4505 posts
2546 upvotes
Thornhill
ibbyvenpin wrote: Whats the difference between the SD HC and SD XC?
SDXC allows larger capacity - just make sure the specs of your device has explicitly mentioned SDXC support. Otherwise, it would not work.
Some device may need a firmware upgrade for SDXC support.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2918 posts
3121 upvotes
Markham
nosnoop wrote: SDXC allows larger capacity - just make sure the specs of your device has explicitly mentioned SDXC support. Otherwise, it would not work.
Some device may need a firmware upgrade for SDXC support.
You are right. Anyone plan to buy this MUST make sure your device support SDXC.

Thank You OP for this very nice deal.