Shopping Discussion

Santevia Alkaline water filtered pitcher or gravity fed countertop version?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2018 3:45 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1660 posts
1945 upvotes

Santevia Alkaline water filtered pitcher or gravity fed countertop version?

I am asking here if it is a good idea to buy an alkaline water filtered pitcher for the refrigerator or a larger countertop version from Santevia?
Is alkaline water supposed to be better for us?
Are there other better brands?
What do you recommend?
Where to buy for cheap prices?

TIA
1 reply
Sep 12, 2008
245 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
Research is going to be partly subjective on this subject. As a natural health fanatic, better that I keep my mouth shut. But as for the pitcher itself, I've had one and my Mom has had one for years. We use them non-stop. They are good filters, and the main parts are fine. But the timer which indiecate when the next cartrdige should be installed breaks often and easily. Not a big deal for me, but maybe for some people. Also, the green cover for the spout on mine has broken twice. Each time this happens, a call to Santevia has meant I'd get the replacement part in a few days. Oh, and be aware the filters are much more pricey than, say, Brita filters, cause they're more complex and have more materials. They come in boxes of three. I'v never heard of them going on sale.

But am I glad I bought mine. Absolutely.

The Berkey units are all metal, and I'm eyeing them, just cause research shows that plastic can leach off into water and affect your hormones/neurotransmitters.

I have no experience with the countertop model. I find I never have enough room on my counters as it is, I couldn't possibly squeeze in a countertop version.

hope this helps.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)