Scammers and Warnings

satisfcuktion sold me defective merchandise and now he's saying "it's not my problem"

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2006 7:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2004
1568 posts
1 upvote
Surrey, B.C
Like someone stated before, this is a pointless argument. Everyone else has their own moral compass.

Obviously the seller cares more about the money then his image. If he feels he is in the right, there is nothing anyone can do.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1763 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
Buyer, well you should have checked the goods before parting.
I recently turned down a video camera deal from a seller claiming the item was "BNIB" - the thing was a refurbished item and he had used it. Not brand new. Buyer Beware..

Also, in any case, Sounded like the SELLER misrepresented the goods, doesnt care for reputation.. BIG LOOSER
Mar 27, 2006
247 posts
why don't u just call him out and talk to him again. if he doesn't give you money back or a trade, then too bad!! FORCE ONE

i'm not trying to sound controlling, nor am i calling him a "store." but even a seller has ethical rules to follow too. there's no way he would have bought that item bnib broken.
Mar 27, 2006
247 posts
rtto5588 wrote:I am happy to say i bought a couple of stuff off of the dude...he's an okay guy..very upfront and honest about things..items were as described...yeah the shirt i bought was a little wrinkly but even if you buy stuff at stores they're wrinkly...

although, i didn't get that silver necklace...that hurts my feelings..hahahaha..(jk)

but this is a very interesting post...keep it up guys...

I tend to side with the seller in this matter...if you buy something online you can't expect a full refund or exchange all the time...if the seller is nice enough he'll do it..but don't expect it all the time..

what would you do if you were in the buyer's shoes? would you just accept the fact that you'll never see your money again for a product promised to be a "bnib item"?? i don't think your experience with the seller matters much in this situation. i think what matters is that someone has been cheated, and the question is...what should he do about it
Jun 9, 2005
901 posts
Toronto
I feel for the buyer because it seems like he's on the receiving end of a much shorter stick than the seller. But I guess sometimes we have to bite the bullet and let it go.

My suggestion for the Zegna belt is to actually call the manufacturer or take it to Harry Rosen or Holt and try to get something resolved. I am always surprised with the customer service at those stores. Worth a shot, right?

And for the guy who compared a Zegna belt with a Zeller's one....LOL
If it ain't broke don't fix it... :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
2351 posts
1 upvote
nsd wrote:Like I said, I wasn't actually expecting him to do something, I just wanted to let people know.
Now, I see this thread here, and I have a hunch: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=320277
Can the mods please check the IPs ?
Is that him? Cuz i wanted to buy the wallet.
I have "heatware", "howardforums", and 'RFD" all positive over 60+ referrals under the same screen-name!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3133 posts
16 upvotes
i knew something was fishy with that thread when he mentioned the z brand belt retailed for 90 dollars... I didn't wana thread crap, but Z brand belts are free with the pants or shorts which retail for like 125 - like 185.. But at holts were often on sale for like 70% off.. So, odds are he bought some jeans for like 80 bucks, and got the belt for free and is trying to make some quick cash.

Actually looking at the thread again, all the prices seem quite inflated..
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Dec 8, 2005
7 posts
ppl just friggin check ur stuff before u pay simple as that and do'nt deal with these kind of people that sell "new" stuff when its actually old and crappy just leave when u don't like what u ssee. the seller obviously lied to get a damn sale. what a loser
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2006
3081 posts
14 upvotes
Thats ********, just because he got it new like that, doesn't mean he should pass his bad luck onto someone else. I hope no one buys anything from him again.
nsd wrote:MSN log from tonight (I talked to him a few days ago, and gave him time to think about it, and come up with the money):
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Session Start: July 11, 2006 |
| Participants: |
| NSD (xxxxxx@gmail.com) |
| satisfcuktion (xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com) |
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
[11:19:09 PM] NSD: so man ? I think you've had enough time to
think ;)
[11:21:02 PM] - satisfcuktion: lol
[11:21:13 PM] - s: well im not gonna do any "refund" or stuff
like that
[11:21:15 PM] - s: im not a store
[11:21:25 PM] - s: im insisting that i got the belt like that
and that its new
[11:21:32 PM] - s: if u have to complain, i guess ull do what
u have to do
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
2351 posts
1 upvote
wow this thread is still alive?
I have "heatware", "howardforums", and 'RFD" all positive over 60+ referrals under the same screen-name!