Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Saudi Airlines - Toronto to Lahore (Pakistan) for $950~ USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2014 2:17 am
Apr 19, 2010
390 posts
127 upvotes
Boucherville
Thanks Mr_A. Going to Pakistan after almost 4 years ... ~2500$ for 3 tickets!!!! Amazing.
Purchased all three online.
Dec 28, 2009
774 posts
260 upvotes
Great deal but watch out for similar deals from Emirates and Etihad! When Emirates had a fire sale for $800 with the inauguration of A380 super jumbo all other carriers like Etihad and very surprisingly even PIA put on a fire sale for $800 roundtrip. I was on a flight on etihad and a number of people told me they were on because of the price.

For Umrah visa etc. I highly recommend you to contact your Muslim travel agent that can help you get it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6055 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
omega11 wrote: Great deal but watch out for similar deals from Emirates and Etihad! When Emirates had a fire sale for $800 with the inauguration of A380 super jumbo all other carriers like Etihad and very surprisingly even PIA put on a fire sale for $800 roundtrip. I was on a flight on etihad and a number of people told me they were on because of the price.

For Umrah visa etc. I highly recommend you to contact your Muslim travel agent that can help you get it.
when was that firesale? any idea when similar deal could be happening again?
Nov 23, 2001
827 posts
290 upvotes
Montreal
Mr_A wrote: is there even an airport in medina? From my exp 10 years ago, can only fly to JED and then make the drive from there.

No there is no international airport in Medinah.
Two years ago, we landed directly in Medinah.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
adeel wrote: when was that firesale? any idea when similar deal could be happening again?
I remember that sale and it was great one, my buddy jumped on it too. One can never tell when that sale gonna be happening again. I would recommend that if you are sure of your dates that you wanna fly on then better make use of this sale. These kinds of fares are rare, just like that last firesale.
Dark wrote: Two years ago, we landed directly in Medinah.
Hmm ... I didn't know that. I used to live in Taif and there was a domestic airport there and I remember that one could fly from there to Mid east or South Asia.
Mar 12, 2008
723 posts
228 upvotes
Windsor
Mr_A wrote: Saudi Airlines is starting new direct flights from Toronto to Saudi Arabia end of October 2013. I believe the first flight will fly on Oct 28th, 2013. They are having a sale right now on the fares to many destinations closer to Saudi Arabia. I am not sure when this sale will be ending. Call your local travel agent or go to the website to lookup the fares.

For example you can fly from Toronto to Jed for $760~ USD and that is a direct flight.
Toronto to Lahore - $930~ USD - The only thing is that those are not direct flights and there will be a lay over in Saudi Arabia for 4-10 hours.

I know that Emirates airlines and Etihad also have their occasional sales to south asian countries but this is a darn good price for direct flight to Saudi Arabia and/or connecting flight to Pakistan.

Happy hunting !
Is this one way or Rerun fare??
Dec 28, 2009
774 posts
260 upvotes
adeel wrote: when was that firesale? any idea when similar deal could be happening again?
Well my uncle was a CFO for one of the major airlines, and he mentioned that he won't be surprised if the fire sale happens again. He is anticipating it will happen again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6055 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
omega11 wrote: Well my uncle was a CFO for one of the major airlines, and he mentioned that he won't be surprised if the fire sale happens again. He is anticipating it will happen again.
hah, ask your uncle when he thinks it might happen again?

My mom is not confirmed yet as to whther she is going, but if she does go I do know the dates...price may play a role in determining whether she goes or not (among other things)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1212 posts
581 upvotes
North York
Anyone book their UMRAH trip with deal ?

I was getting $689.56 US Return ticket in March....Never seen a price this low in my life from yyz to jed

adeel wrote: hah, ask your uncle when he thinks it might happen again?

My mom is not confirmed yet as to whther she is going, but if she does go I do know the dates...price may play a role in determining whether she goes or not (among other things)
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
DaMooli wrote: Thanks Mr_A. Going to Pakistan after almost 4 years ... ~2500$ for 3 tickets!!!! Amazing.
Purchased all three online.
holy moly.this is rediculous.

dates?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
this is crazy. dates? and layovers? or direct?
afshaikh wrote: Anyone book their UMRAH trip with deal ?

I was getting $689.56 US Return ticket in March....Never seen a price this low in my life from yyz to jed

[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
fizz1234 wrote: Aaah... this would have been such a nice deal to do Umrah on the cheap. I pray they keep this rate after January when Umrah visas open again.

To be honest I would not suggest this layover period to anyone sending their parents/elderly to Pakistan/India etc. 30+ hrs will not be comfortable at all.

Thanked.
I think Hajj is in late Sep, so umra visa will be open from late Oct. or so? so we can still book the ticket for say December, rite?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
polypep wrote: uninformed comment or are you trolling
My thought on this deal was...Why not just go cliff diving without a parachute :D
or perhaps deep sea diving with three minutes of air :lol:
I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. -Al
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
5134 posts
4928 upvotes
Mr_A wrote: Wow, that's a good price. Where were you getting that deal ?
It's right on the Saudi Airlines website. Sample date: Depart Toronto March 1st and return from Jeddah March 20th. $688 return (all in).
Mar 10, 2007
919 posts
397 upvotes
I got similar deal last year got newyork - Jeddah - newyork for $540 . Last year umrah visa from Canada started on January 3rd . This year most likely it will start on December 19th . It's few days process to get visa
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
sam100 wrote: I got similar deal last year got newyork - Jeddah - newyork for $540 . Last year umrah visa from Canada started on January 3rd . This year most likely it will start on December 19th . It's few days process to get visa
On a side note, I know that usually you need an "agent" in Makkah that will take care of everything including the hotel and food and you would have to buy their package. But so far my research shows me that one can just get the Umrah visa (for like ~$100) from the travel agent and go to Makkah by yourself to Makkah and arrange your own accomodation/food. Am I correct so far ?
Mar 10, 2007
919 posts
397 upvotes
Mr_A wrote: On a side note, I know that usually you need an "agent" in Makkah that will take care of everything including the hotel and food and you would have to buy their package. But so far my research shows me that one can just get the Umrah visa (for like ~$100) from the travel agent and go to Makkah by yourself to Makkah and arrange your own accommodation/food. Am I correct so far ?

You need to find Agent who can arrange visa for you . There is no visa fees but they charge service fees like sponsor company / fedex to Ottawa between 100-200$ . You will also need to see your family doctor to get shot for umra visa it cost around 100-140$ . You can get your hotel etc. online from Expedia or other websites earlier you book the better rates you get. Don't forget to get something with Free breakfast (their breakfast is good enough for 2 meal) . Transportation is available at reasonable price.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
sam100 wrote: You need to find Agent who can arrange visa for you . There is no visa fees but they charge service fees like sponsor company / fedex to Ottawa between 100-200$ . You will also need to see your family doctor to get shot for umra visa it cost around 100-140$ . You can get your hotel etc. online from Expedia or other websites earlier you book the better rates you get. Don't forget to get something with Free breakfast (their breakfast is good enough for 2 meal) . Transportation is available at reasonable price.
Thanks buddy. Sounds good. I have relatives there so they would assist me in the accomodation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)