Expired Coupons

Locked: [Home Depot] Save $25 with spend of $100 from Home Depot (removed -- fraudulent coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2013 9:38 am
Tags:
None
SCORE
+7
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
7632 posts
2757 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Does not work in Ancaster, ON.
My item was over $100, would not scan, numbers don't manually work.

Same denial, CSR says its a handout, not a printed form.

If anyone has the legit one and not using, please pm.
Codes may be unique or store specific.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
2830 posts
726 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 6:02 pm
Does not work in Ancaster, ON.
My item was over $100, would not scan, numbers don't manually work.

Same denial, CSR says its a handout, not a printed form.

If anyone has the legit one and not using, please pm.
Codes may be unique or store specific.
Thank you for saving me some time sir
Nov 23, 2012
95 posts
33 upvotes
ANCASTER
Dido...was just about to check out the Ancaster one.
Thanks
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
16696 posts
3004 upvotes
Toronto
Does it work at the self checkout? :P
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
1072 posts
76 upvotes
gheart008 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 4:25 pm
I've confirmed with a manager that this was indeed the $25 off $100 coupon that people got if the bought a christmas tree. However, the real coupon was an actual handout you got with your receipt when you bought the tree, and this print out is not valid technically as this coupn was never intended to be printed.

On top of that, the barcode is not a valid one in Vancouver at least and the rest of GVR, and based on the comments, looks like it's only working in Ontario.

But also to confirm, it's it NOT a single item over $100. It's your entire order. "Single in store purchase" does not mean "single item". It means you can only use the coupon once, for a store purchase (all items) > $100.

Regardless, this coupon is technically not a valid coupon, so it's really YMMV.
err, it is basically fraud to use the coupon. Thanks for the information. the most you will get at hd is ten percent.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1213 posts
84 upvotes
Montreal
woks in sauga, Thanks Op
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
1072 posts
76 upvotes
williamsauga wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 8:54 pm
woks in sauga, Thanks Op
and the girl who accepted it will get fired.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
4155 posts
305 upvotes
Mont-Royal
freeonboard wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 8:29 pm
err, it is basically fraud to use the coupon. Thanks for the information. the most you will get at hd is ten percent.
not everything illegal is a fraud.. plus in that case, it's not fraud, it's a waste of time because it is not even working.
Un-link medical-mobile.com
Oct 13, 2008
5 posts
1 upvote
I used this successfully in Calgary. The coupon did not scan, and the numbers were not accepted when entered manually. The cashier called the manager, and he allowed the cashier to manually put in the $25 discount. So, ymmv depending on store staff.
Feb 27, 2003
114 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Big YMMV but worked for me in Etobicoke. Wouldn't scan and numbers didn't work but manager was able to add the discount anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
3416 posts
21 upvotes
Bowmanville
No go in Bowmanville
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
4155 posts
305 upvotes
Mont-Royal
For those who live in Qc, I am the brave one who wasted gas to drive to the Beaubien HD with such a horrible traffic. Actually I wanted to go to the Acadie one, but because of the traffic, I got lost and ended up into another HD lol
Anyways, the dude try to scan and type it manually, it wasn't working. Then he asked me where I got that coupon, I told him I bought a xmas tree and got that coupon... He asked me if I had this coupon on paper, I said no, it was online and I printed it out.
However, he was aware of that 25$ coupon, didn't ask me for the proof of purchase, but rather he called someone else to hand him a store 25$ xmas coupon (they used to give that coupon in store if you purchase the tree in the store apparently), and applied the store coupon instead of what I printed lol

Oh btw, I didn't go to the cashier. I went to the customer service returns. The reason is because I bought multiple items in an invoice (110$+tx total, but no single item as 100$+) before op posted it, and wanted to return an item of 32$, but told the dude if the coupon can be applied, I will not be returning that item.
Un-link medical-mobile.com
Dec 27, 2006
124 posts
7 upvotes
Didn't scan or the manual entry work in Winnipeg. Cashier at self check out did it manually. Sweet, going back tommorow with another coupon for some more flooring.
Apr 10, 2004
257 posts
14 upvotes
I was able to use the coupon. What's weird is the customer service rep insisted that I was purchasing 8 resilient channels when I had 10 on my cart, i knew this since its basically self serve at home depot. Then she counted again and insisted i had 8. . .then i counted them for her and there were 10. After she rung in my purchase I handed her the coupon and she asked if I bought a Christmas Tree? I told her that I did not and that I printed the coupon off of the internet. I also said I do not want to use this coupon if it is fraudulant. She then asked a manager and they indicated it was fine to use it. Home Depot should be happy, between me and my friend we spend $375 on building supplies.
× < >