Personal Finance

Save 3c / litre at Petro Canada when you link your RBC Credit/Debit card (+ 20% more Petro Points)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 3:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1340 posts
554 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 12:18 pm
Better than using the CB Rewards which will be less than 1% (0.7% until you hit 6k spending, which will become 1.20%.
The fine print after the 20% bonus:

Not all RBC debit or credit cards earn RBC Reward points. Each time you use your linked Eligible RBC Rewards Credit Card to pay for purchases at a Retail Petro-Canada Location, you will earn a bonus of twenty percent (20%) more RBC Rewards points than you normally earn for every $1 in purchases in accordance with the RBC Rewards Terms and Conditions.

So I'm pretty sure you can't even get extra cashback... it has to be RBC Rewards (capital R), in other words a Rewards or Avion card.
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3290 upvotes
Markham
nmclean wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 4:34 pm
The fine print after the 20% bonus:

Not all RBC debit or credit cards earn RBC Reward points. Each time you use your linked Eligible RBC Rewards Credit Card to pay for purchases at a Retail Petro-Canada Location, you will earn a bonus of twenty percent (20%) more RBC Rewards points than you normally earn for every $1 in purchases in accordance with the RBC Rewards Terms and Conditions.

So I'm pretty sure you can't even get extra cashback... it has to be RBC Rewards (capital R), in other words a Rewards or Avion card.
Thanks , even less reasons to use the CB mc with this promo then
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3172 posts
438 upvotes
GTEH!
Called RBC and was able to switch from CB card to the Rewards+ card. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Also received in the mail a letter from Petro Canada about the new partnership with RBC. An exclusive offer: Collect 50,000 Petro-points when I activate a RBC credit card before Dec.31/2017. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
😎
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3290 upvotes
Markham
Webhead wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:38 am
Called RBC and was able to switch from CB card to the Rewards+ card. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Also received in the mail a letter from Petro Canada about the new partnership with RBC. An exclusive offer: Collect 50,000 Petro-points when I activate a RBC credit card before Dec.31/2017. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nice, good for you Thumbs Up Sign
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Jan 25, 2011
10 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Received an email from Petro Canada regarding this promotion that links to RBC's website so this is not YMMV.

On top of saving $0.03/L, you also get 20% more Petro Canada points. Note that I don't see any expiry date on the terms & conditions.
Jun 6, 2006
222 posts
11 upvotes
Acton
Thanks for posting! I can verify this also works with busnesss accounts as well. Just linked my business accounts. Same T&C.

It also says you won’t need to swipe your points card when using linked cards.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1279 posts
184 upvotes
Do you have to pay with the RBC card to get the discount?
Jan 25, 2011
10 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
reyoasian wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:12 pm
Yes you have to pay with your RBC card
Pay with any of your linked RBC debit or credit cards to instantly save 3¢ on every litre of fuel and earn points faster at Petro-Canada. You can even use the same linked RBC cards to redeem Petro-Points.
May 3, 2017
11 posts
for some of the cards it also says u get 20% more RBC reward points
Dec 8, 2012
416 posts
134 upvotes
Calgary
I get my 4% refund when I pay with Scotia infium
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3290 upvotes
Markham
trio wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 8:20 pm
Received an email from Petro Canada regarding this promotion that links to RBC's website so this is not YMMV.

On top of saving $0.03/L, you also get 20% more Petro Canada points. Note that I don't see any expiry date on the terms & conditions.
It wont expire until they decide to end the partnership.
reyoasian wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:12 pm
Obviously...
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3172 posts
438 upvotes
GTEH!
Dennisrfd wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:16 pm
Which you get once a year, at the end of the year.

The 3 cents/L discount is instantly when you pay with a RBC cc. I'd rather get instant discount than wait until end of the year to receive cashback credit. Everybody has their preference.
😎
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3290 upvotes
Markham
Dennisrfd wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:16 pm
Webhead wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:43 pm
Which you get once a year, at the end of the year.

The 3 cents/L discount is instantly when you pay with a RBC cc. I'd rather get instant discount than wait until end of the year to receive cashback credit. Everybody has their preference.
and that card has an annual fee as well.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」