Personal Finance

Save 3c / litre at Petro Canada when you link your RBC Credit/Debit card (+ 20% more Petro Points)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 12:38 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 25, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
nmclean wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 4:34 pm
The fine print after the 20% bonus:

Not all RBC debit or credit cards earn RBC Reward points. Each time you use your linked Eligible RBC Rewards Credit Card to pay for purchases at a Retail Petro-Canada Location, you will earn a bonus of twenty percent (20%) more RBC Rewards points than you normally earn for every $1 in purchases in accordance with the RBC Rewards Terms and Conditions.

So I'm pretty sure you can't even get extra cashback... it has to be RBC Rewards (capital R), in other words a Rewards or Avion card.

Are you sure RBC CB card is not eligible?
Mar 23, 2004
36699 posts
3415 upvotes
Markham
Ventorro wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:38 pm
Are you sure RBC CB card is not eligible?
Of course, since it doesnt earn RBC points. It's still eligible for 3 cents off per litre though.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Aug 25, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:17 pm
Of course, since it doesnt earn RBC points. It's still eligible for 3 cents off per litre though.
Ok but I'll earn whatever cash back balance I get on gas purchases though?
Mar 23, 2004
36699 posts
3415 upvotes
Markham
Ventorro wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:40 pm
Ok but I'll earn whatever cash back balance I get on gas purchases though?
yes, you just wont get any bonus outside of that.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Nov 20, 2014
43 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Has anyone been having trouble getting the 3c?L discount to apply? I bought gas last week and the receipt didnt mention that anything was saved. I checked my online banking too and it says that the card is already linked (I used it before with the 2c/L promo), so im not sure what is going on
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1076 posts
385 upvotes
GTA
SizableSac wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:01 am
Has anyone been having trouble getting the 3c?L discount to apply? I bought gas last week and the receipt didnt mention that anything was saved. I checked my online banking too and it says that the card is already linked (I used it before with the 2c/L promo), so im not sure what is going on
Worked for me a few days ago. Hope you can figure it out, perhaps call RBC and they can tell whats happening.
Aug 7, 2010
671 posts
119 upvotes
SizableSac wrote:
Me too I put some gas yesterday, paid with a linked RBC and no discount on the receipt nor on the web site!
Aug 30, 2011
886 posts
118 upvotes
Edmonton
SizableSac wrote:
When did you link the cards? It takes a few business days.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17152 posts
1920 upvotes
GTA West
hopetindall wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 4:24 pm
Thanks @Captainlin for posting the update
For gas - I'll stick with PC Financial MC WE at the gas bar at Loblaws (for 4c/L off at the pump plus 3% off on the charge to the MC).

If I'm not close to the Loblaws Gas Bar, I can get 4% Travel Credit/Cashback on my Scotia Amex/Scotia Momentum Inf.
You're in Mississauga? Where is the Loblaws Gas Bar in Mississauga?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3258 posts
462 upvotes
GTEH!
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 9:48 pm
You're in Mississauga? Where is the Loblaws Gas Bar in Mississauga?
Glen Erin Drive & Eglinton Loblaws. Between Erin Mills PKWY and Winston Churchill.
😎
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3258 posts
462 upvotes
GTEH!
SizableSac wrote:
Used my RBC Visa & linked Petro card for the 1st time couple days ago and received the 3 cents/L discount. Also had my 5 cents Fuel savings card. So I saved 8 cents/L total discount. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
😎