Personal Finance

Save 3c / litre at Petro Canada when you link your RBC Credit/Debit card (+ 20% more Petro Points)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 3:52 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 25, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
nmclean wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 4:34 pm
The fine print after the 20% bonus:

Not all RBC debit or credit cards earn RBC Reward points. Each time you use your linked Eligible RBC Rewards Credit Card to pay for purchases at a Retail Petro-Canada Location, you will earn a bonus of twenty percent (20%) more RBC Rewards points than you normally earn for every $1 in purchases in accordance with the RBC Rewards Terms and Conditions.

So I'm pretty sure you can't even get extra cashback... it has to be RBC Rewards (capital R), in other words a Rewards or Avion card.

Are you sure RBC CB card is not eligible?
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3289 upvotes
Markham
Ventorro wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:38 pm
Are you sure RBC CB card is not eligible?
Of course, since it doesnt earn RBC points. It's still eligible for 3 cents off per litre though.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Aug 25, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:17 pm
Of course, since it doesnt earn RBC points. It's still eligible for 3 cents off per litre though.
Ok but I'll earn whatever cash back balance I get on gas purchases though?
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3289 upvotes
Markham
Ventorro wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:40 pm
Ok but I'll earn whatever cash back balance I get on gas purchases though?
yes, you just wont get any bonus outside of that.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Nov 20, 2014
42 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Has anyone been having trouble getting the 3c?L discount to apply? I bought gas last week and the receipt didnt mention that anything was saved. I checked my online banking too and it says that the card is already linked (I used it before with the 2c/L promo), so im not sure what is going on
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1035 posts
364 upvotes
GTA
SizableSac wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:01 am
Has anyone been having trouble getting the 3c?L discount to apply? I bought gas last week and the receipt didnt mention that anything was saved. I checked my online banking too and it says that the card is already linked (I used it before with the 2c/L promo), so im not sure what is going on
Worked for me a few days ago. Hope you can figure it out, perhaps call RBC and they can tell whats happening.
Aug 7, 2010
665 posts
114 upvotes
SizableSac wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:01 am
Me too I put some gas yesterday, paid with a linked RBC and no discount on the receipt nor on the web site!