Winnipeg, MB

$6.99 2-pack Beyond Meat Burger/$5.99 First 1 with App

Price:
$6.99
Expiry:
May 29, 2019
Retailer:
Save-On-Foods
Just saw this in the flyer this morning.

I *think* it's only $1 off but it's the first time I can remember seeing it on sale since it debuted.

As mentioned you can also get an additional $1 off with the App deal on the first two-pack.
Images
  • 843B008B-B258-4353-BAD5-AE6ABA8C1676.jpeg
120 replies
Mar 2, 2008
713 posts
757 upvotes
BC
App deal? Which app? Where was in mentioned?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4590 posts
1013 upvotes
Vancouver
so 2 patties for $6.99. wow thats pricey
May 30, 2016
74 posts
133 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
hesp wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:29 am
I'd rather have real meat. I believe in products like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods and understand the environmental impact that cattle raising has, but if they want to have any chance of replacing some of the meat industry they are going to need to drive down costs. I would only purchase this product if it was cheaper than real meat alternatives.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1512 posts
1013 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
razorblade2099 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:33 am
I'd rather have real meat. I believe in products like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods and understand the environmental impact that cattle raising has, but if they want to have any chance of replacing some of the meat industry they are going to need to drive down costs. I would only purchase this product if it was cheaper than real meat alternatives.
And showing there's a market for it helps that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1512 posts
1013 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
brghunter wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:24 am
App deal? Which app? Where was in mentioned?
The Save-On-Foods App, obviously.
Nov 27, 2014
93 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hesp wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:29 am
it's usually $9-10 for two so it's actually cheap comparatively
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2832 posts
2185 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I hope vegans buy these at these early-adopter prices, so the prices come down. Anyone had these? I find most meat burgers are flavourless slop too, so I'd rather buy a steak or two for the same price. Is this a good tasting burger or something like a black bean burger?
Jan 28, 2015
56 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
Beyond Meat? More like beyond my wallet.

Can someone help me understand why a regular consumer (i.e. non-vegan) would buy this? In the grand scheme of things, I'm especially having massive trouble understanding how the company's market cap is $5 billion.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2244 posts
299 upvotes
eorsgg wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:59 am

Can someone help me understand why a regular consumer (i.e. non-vegan) would buy this? In the grand scheme of things, I'm especially having massive trouble understanding how the company's market cap is $5 billion.
Hype
Dec 15, 2009
256 posts
145 upvotes
It's a good meatless burger - just not worth their regular price.

I picked up PC's pea-based burgers that were on special at Superstore last week ($8.50 for 4 - half the price essentially of Beyond). We'll see how they taste.
Jun 13, 2010
24 posts
16 upvotes
vancouver
My wife just bought these this past week and they actually are quite delicious. Worth the extra price over regular patties? Not at this point, but if they do come down they'd be more than worth it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11388 posts
20566 upvotes
Scarborough
Nikhilvoid wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:56 am
I hope vegans buy these at these early-adopter prices, so the prices come down. Anyone had these? I find most meat burgers are flavourless slop too, so I'd rather buy a steak or two for the same price. Is this a good tasting burger or something like a black bean burger?
If it's the exact same as what A&W serves, it's pretty good. Obviously doesn't taste the same as a beef burger but I had a few when they had those coupons last year.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
May 30, 2016
74 posts
133 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
eorsgg wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:59 am

A lot of people are cognizant now that modern industrial farming is very hard on the environment and that the rising middle classes in countries such as China will only drive up demand for beef and other meat. The world can't keep producing enough meat if every country consumes meat at the rate that Americans and Canadians do. The energy loss as we go up the food chain is too wasteful. Many people don't have an ethical issue with eating meat but are making efforts to reduce their own consumption to once or twice a week because of they are environmentalists. Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods aim to serve this market.

I think the main problem is that farmers are so deeply subsidized to produce wheat and corn which end up being used as animal feed. Stop the subsidies and you'll see meat prices start reflecting their real costs. We should be protesting against these subsidies and let the market take care of itself. People will eat a lot less meat when it starts costing them twice as much.

Beyond Meat's IPO is ridiculous. There is no understanding that. I remember reading that it was 99 X earnings.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2187 posts
733 upvotes
Surrey
Nikhilvoid wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 11:56 am
Fro that price, I stick to vegetarian Patty