503 upvotes
Richmond

[Save On Foods] $1 400 ml Frozen Dessert/Ice Cream

Go ham.

7 replies
Dec 25, 2017
236 posts
525 upvotes
this deal pops up all the time, realistically the item is just overpriced.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1390 posts
5544 upvotes
shorfd wrote:
May 7th, 2018 9:47 am
For those with a Giant Tiger nearby to buy or PM, they have Chapman's 2L real ice cream for $1.73 this week.
Just a heads up - this Chapman's 2L went on sale in the west too recently and it tastes very much like "frozen dessert" rather than ice cream. I don't know if they just use the absolute minimum amount of cream to call it "ice cream" or what?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1869 posts
881 upvotes
GTA
Leverage wrote:
May 7th, 2018 12:33 pm
Just a heads up - this Chapman's 2L went on sale in the west too recently and it tastes very much like "frozen dessert" rather than ice cream. I don't know if they just use the absolute minimum amount of cream to call it "ice cream" or what?
Yup, the minimum is what they do. Their quality used to be good but is garbage now. That would explain why they stopped their marketing campaign bashing other ice cream companies on why they are better. Seems to me it's a case of "if you can't beat them..."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1001 posts
503 upvotes
Richmond
Leverage wrote:
May 7th, 2018 12:33 pm
I agree, Chapman's quality has gone way downhill.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1199 posts
484 upvotes
Burnaby
I bought the Chips Ahoy last night and would not buy another... it was awful. It says "chunks of chips ahoy cookies" and there was not a single piece of cookie but there were a few chocolate chips. I think I am adverse to most "frozen desserts" but this was just a let down because i wanted some cookie!!! lol
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1648 posts
529 upvotes
BC
I normally avoid "frozen desserts", but bought some Rolo ones when they were on at Walmart. I like putting a layer on eggo waffles.

I'll try and post a photo when I get to the Chips Ahoy one.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling