Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
jeeva86 wrote: Dead link
Try it again. Worked fine over here.

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Banned
Dec 15, 2005
2286 posts
1 upvote
It took 4 hrs to get a TN Visa from the airport...and missed my original flight... hope they get a service like this for Customs at Pearson...
Jun 5, 2007
123 posts
9 upvotes
FYI:

After doing the pre-line (20 minutes), I was served in 5 minutes because I completed the passport application online. It then took me about 30 seconds at the booth for the girl to check out my application and approve it.

Total time: 25.5 minutes

This was at the Cote-Vertu Montreal office.
Nov 19, 2005
70 posts
94 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
My experience at downtown Toronto passport office (Victoria St.) today (July 16th):

Arrived at 1:35 pm and joined the pre-queue to see the receptionist and get a number for an agent. 35 minutes later, the receptionist quickly reviewed the form, photos and documents and declared they were all in order. She then handed me a ticket and said: "As your reward for completing the application on the internet, you are going to be served next."

I literally sat for less than 30 seconds before my number was flashing on the screen. The agent was polite and helpful and it took only a few minutes to complete the application submission process. When I walked out, I grinned as I passed the 30 - 40 people sitting in chairs with their manual forms. Total time from start to finish, including time in the pre-queue: less than 45 minutes!

I would guess that fewer than 5% of those in the pre-queue had done their forms on-line.

cheers,
TheWafer
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
Wanted to bump this thread to help anybody else who needs a passport and HATES waiting in lines.

A week ago I thought there must be a faster way to get my Passport rather then mailing it in and waiting 2 months or walking into the passport office and waiting 3 hours.

So I googled "Canadian Passport tips" and up popped this guy's blog advising applicants to use the Online web form.
http://dan.matan.ca/Get-Canada-Canadian ... ation-Form

Man...was I shocked today at how fast it was. I walked into the North York passport office at Yonge/Sheppard. Got screened and he gave me a "G" numbered ticket for completing it online - paper applicants had an "A" ticket.

I sat down for a minute, and 2 minutes later my number got called up. You get treated like a VIP for completing the thing online and printing it out with a barcode....I was literally shell-shocked at how fast it was. The entire process took 18 minutes from start to finish in Toronto. Paper applicants had a 1.5 hour wait at that point.

All I can say is complete it online.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Can anyone tell me how does this work?

How do I get my gaurantor to sign it on the web? :confused:

Or I have to print it out and let him sign it and then bring it to Passport Office?

And what do you tell the lady/man @ the passport office?
Do I say, "I did a online passport" ??
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Can anyone tell me how does this work?

How do I get my gaurantor to sign it on the web? :confused:

Or I have to print it out and let him sign it and then bring it to Passport Office?

And what do you tell the lady/man @ the passport office?
Do I say, "I did a online passport" ??
It prints out the form filled out with all the information EXCEPT the Guarantor information. You take that to your Guarantor to fill out and sign.

At the office they will see that you have completed the online form because you give them the copy you printed out.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3519 posts
435 upvotes
Calgary
TheWafer wrote: My experience at downtown Toronto passport office (Victoria St.) today (July 16th):

Arrived at 1:35 pm and joined the pre-queue to see the receptionist and get a number for an agent. 35 minutes later....
You had to wait 35 minutes? That's a long time for online application.

It took me less than 10 minutes, many people took less than 5 minutes. Anyway, it's funny that when you number came up, you got lots of dirty look from people wondering why you jump the que.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
pakmode wrote: It prints out the form filled out with all the information EXCEPT the Guarantor information. You take that to your Guarantor to fill out and sign.

At the office they will see that you have completed the online form because you give them the copy you printed out.
Well is there gonna be a record on the net saying that this person has his passport apps done on-line?

I mean, when you go into a office you still gotta wait for the number to be called =/

Or when you go into the office you show your apps to the person (that gives out the number) then number person will give you a special number that indictes the apps is on-line?

Thanks
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3409 posts
223 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Or when you go into the office you show your apps to the person (that gives out the number) then number person will give you a special number that indictes the apps is on-line?

Thanks
yes, you get a priority number which puts you ahead of most people. i didn't even have enough time to take a seat before my number was called!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
rilhouse wrote: yes, you get a priority number which puts you ahead of most people. i didn't even have enough time to take a seat before my number was called!
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1569 posts
577 upvotes
Woodbridge
Has anyone tried the new Simplified Renewal Form process? It looks like its not filled out online and strictly a paper form to fill out. Thus, when going to the office to give them the form, will I have to lineup in the normal line and wait hours, will I be in the "express" line, or will there be a third lineup??
Apr 4, 2006
474 posts
88 upvotes
Burlington
sterdeus wrote: Has anyone tried the new Simplified Renewal Form process? It looks like its not filled out online and strictly a paper form to fill out. Thus, when going to the office to give them the form, will I have to lineup in the normal line and wait hours, will I be in the "express" line, or will there be a third lineup??
It doesn't appear that you can fill out the new simplified form on-line. I'm interested to know also anyone?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2003
3284 posts
70 upvotes
rilhouse wrote: yes, you get a priority number which puts you ahead of most people. i didn't even have enough time to take a seat before my number was called!
Exactly what happened to me today.. Saved a lot of time!
Thanks!!!
Apr 6, 2003
805 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
I think it's great when our government gets something almost perfectly right
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
pakmode wrote: Wanted to bump this thread to help anybody else who needs a passport and HATES waiting in lines.

A week ago I thought there must be a faster way to get my Passport rather then mailing it in and waiting 2 months or walking into the passport office and waiting 3 hours.

So I googled "Canadian Passport tips" and up popped this guy's blog advising applicants to use the Online web form.
http://dan.matan.ca/Get-Canada-Canadian ... ation-Form

Man...was I shocked today at how fast it was. I walked into the North York passport office at Yonge/Sheppard. Got screened and he gave me a "G" numbered ticket for completing it online - paper applicants had an "A" ticket.

I sat down for a minute, and 2 minutes later my number got called up. You get treated like a VIP for completing the thing online and printing it out with a barcode....I was literally shell-shocked at how fast it was. The entire process took 18 minutes from start to finish in Toronto. Paper applicants had a 1.5 hour wait at that point.

All I can say is complete it online.
Well I'll be damned...not even 9 days after did I get a package in the mail yesterday. Opened it up...and there she was: my passport.
Unbelievable...and who said the Government isn't efficient?! My Mother was in utter disbelief when she heard, it took her 12 weeks by mail lol :razz:
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1569 posts
577 upvotes
Woodbridge
new_vr wrote: Exactly what happened to me today.. Saved a lot of time!
Thanks!!!

Me too! I sat down for a minute and then my number showed up. I was in and out in about 5 minutes.

The Mississauga office didnt look too bad today. I saw about 30 people sitting down waiting for the normal line.