Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scaddabush

Spaghetti and Meatballs 50% off all day Sat. Jan. 4th

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2020 10:41 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
This chain is very pricey, I stay away.

I love their creamy pasta with shrimp and capers, but a small is almost $18 before tax and tip. And when they say small, they really mean small.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
althanis wrote: This chain is very pricey, I stay away.

I love their creamy pasta with shrimp and capers, but a small is almost $18 before tax and tip. And when they say small, they really mean small.
Can be, depends on the dish. Spaghetti and meatballs is $19.80 for a regular and it's a very large portion, enough for a meal and another snack at home.
Nov 21, 2011
514 posts
552 upvotes
Markham
ShoNuff2 wrote: i recall trying to order the social size last year but was only allowed the regular size for the deal.
Yup. I called my local restaurant earlier and they said it only applies to the regular size.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
At $19.80, that's ridiculous. Food cost is probably 25% of that, throw in operational costs and they are easily making 50% profit on that dish. Other dishes not so profitable as pasta is cheap. And no take out, Dine in only so that they can make even higher profits selling drinks.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
consumerPI wrote: At $19.80, that's ridiculous. Food cost is probably 25% of that, throw in operational costs and they are easily making 50% profit on that dish. Other dishes not so profitable as pasta is cheap. And no take out, Dine in only so that they can make even higher profits selling drinks.
I'd gladly pay a couple bucks extra for larger serving made with fresh noodles and sauce vs the dry/frozen shit you'll get at east side Mario's.

And come on lol, you did the 'math' and claimed they're making 50% profit on this dish. How much are they making on a 50% discount if they allow take out? You can go stick it to them and dine in with waters and $0 tip if it makes you feel better.
Mar 16, 2009
176 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
consumerPI wrote: At $19.80, that's ridiculous. Food cost is probably 25% of that, throw in operational costs and they are easily making 50% profit on that dish. Other dishes not so profitable as pasta is cheap. And no take out, Dine in only so that they can make even higher profits selling drinks.
LOL, you've never worked in or managed a restaurant. Food cost is NEVER supposed to be more than 30% of how much it is sold for in the menu, for a profit to be made, for any item.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
Anyone know how big it is? I can't gauge by the picture. Is it one huge ass meatball?
Images
  • IMG_20200104_054732.jpg
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Siefer999 wrote: Anyone know how big it is? I can't gauge by the picture. Is it one huge ass meatball?
Yes, keep in mind if you break it apart and fill it in to your pasta it the overall pasta dish would look much larger than what you see in the photo.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
TheGoodDealer wrote: Yes, keep in mind if you break it apart and fill it in to your pasta it the overall pasta dish would look much larger than what you see in the photo.
Lol so wait, it’s that tony serving they usually ask $20 for? Damn.
Sep 6, 2016
756 posts
297 upvotes
I cook much better and cheaperSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Public Mobile $35 / 4GB LTE a month forever!
May 31, 2007
547 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Really like their shrimp spaghetti. Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
I've only been to the Richmond Hill location and yes, while the menu is a bit pricier than your East marios....the food is wayyyyyy better!

Spaghetti and meatball (1 ginormous meatball that is)....is really good.

I no longer eat beef but this one was a very good dish (taste wise and portion).

Thx OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
althanis wrote: Lol so wait, it’s that tony serving they usually ask $20 for? Damn.
ji2o0k wrote: I've only been to the Richmond Hill location and yes, while the menu is a bit pricier than your East marios....the food is wayyyyyy better!

Spaghetti and meatball (1 ginormous meatball that is)....is really good.

I no longer eat beef but this one was a very good dish (taste wise and portion).

Thx OP!
Looks can be deceiving, the bowls they come in are quite large as is the meatball.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
FYI signup for their social club and you'll get a $10 off $30 coupon. If you need a filler to hit $30 then I'd recommend the naked mozzarella which comes with bread, some kind of yummy jam, and sea salt flakes to top it off.

https://www.scaddabush.com/social-club/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7081 posts
5209 upvotes
MasterPro wrote: I cook much better and cheaperSmiling Face With Open Mouth
I mean, the cost of food is 30% (sometimes lower) of the meal price. So, no surprise that you can cook for "cheaper" than a restaurant.

But, if you were to factor in the cost of your labour .... maybe not so much.

If you cook for free though, maybe you can cook for me and I won't need to eat so many canned and frozen meals!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
Scaddabush gift cards are readily available at 20% off at Costco

Also, shock of the day: food at a restaurant costs less than what it is sold for.
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1508 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
pongster wrote: sub for beyond meat meat balls xP
You can do this?

Hmmm......
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + *NEW* Koodo 30GB for $25 4G LTE
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)