Tags:
[OP]
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes

Is this a scam?

price seems too good to be true.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pavilion-Touchscr ... 1478373187

and also this was their response via email.is this a typical amazon seller response?.

Hello,

We are glad that you are interested in buying our product "HP Pavilion 17.3" inch Full HD IPS Touchscreen". The price is 720 CDN$ including shipping taxes. Delivery will be done in 2-3 working days. The product is brand new, sealed in original box and comes with all accessories and with 2 year warranty.
We will do this transaction through Amazon protection program, in this way we are both sure that we get what we want. We will register on Amazon as a purchaser of the product and Amazon will give you a payment invoice. You will pay the money on Amazon account, and they will keep the money until you receive the product and test it.
Then, only with your knowledge, Amazon will release-payment to us if the item is as you expected and you decide to keep it. If for any reason, you will refuse to buy the product, Amazon will refund you 100% and the item will be returned to us at our expense. (But it will certainly not be the case). If you agree and you want to buy this product, we need the following information:
- Your complete name:
- Delivery address correct:
- Telephone number:
We wait your prompt reply.
Regards,
Az Store
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5168 posts
4321 upvotes
rodgerse wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 3:17 pm

https://www.amazon.ca/Pavilion-Touchscr ... 1478373187

and also this was their response via email.is this a typical amazon seller response?.

Hello,

We are glad that you are interested in buying our product "HP Pavilion 17.3" inch Full HD IPS Touchscreen". The price is 720 CDN$ including shipping taxes. Delivery will be done in 2-3 working days. The product is brand new, sealed in original box and comes with all accessories and with 2 year warranty.
We will do this transaction through Amazon protection program, in this way we are both sure that we get what we want. We will register on Amazon as a purchaser of the product and Amazon will give you a payment invoice. You will pay the money on Amazon account, and they will keep the money until you receive the product and test it.
Then, only with your knowledge, Amazon will release-payment to us if the item is as you expected and you decide to keep it. If for any reason, you will refuse to buy the product, Amazon will refund you 100% and the item will be returned to us at our expense. (But it will certainly not be the case). If you agree and you want to buy this product, we need the following information:
- Your complete name:
- Delivery address correct:
- Telephone number:
We wait your prompt reply.
Regards,
Az Store
Obvious scam.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25848 posts
11234 upvotes
Not the oldest scam in the book but it's quite old.
If you want it at this price, buy it direct through Amazon.
Not like you'll actually get it but you'd think "amazon protection program" wouldn't have to take place outside of Amazon.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2580 posts
1654 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
rodgerse wrote:
We will register on Amazon as a purchaser of the product and Amazon will give you a payment invoice. You will pay the money on Amazon account, and they will keep the money until you receive the product and test it.
This is the old escrow scam. You'll receive a lookalike invoice with Amazon logos, etc, which will lead to an Amazon clone site.

Amazon has their own buying portal and you pay through your Amazon account. They don't send invoices.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8878 posts
2332 upvotes
London
rodgerse wrote:
<snip>
Az Store[/i]
Feedback Rating: Just Launched (No feedback yet.)
Forward any emails you got from these guys to Amazon, so they can shut these weasels down.
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon says the item is not available but the seller had a lot of other stuff that looks legit.
The seller is Pavillion
[OP]
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes
for me, sometimes it says out of stock but other times available....

I guess it's probably a scam but I wouldn't fault anyone if they wanted to see for themselves and let us know.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2580 posts
1654 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
rodgerse wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 3:39 pm
I guess it's probably a scam but I wouldn't fault anyone if they wanted to see for themselves and let us know.
Well, then...why don't you see for yourself and let us know? :)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.