• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2010 9:38 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2005
502 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto

Scam alert @ Abercrombie & Fitch: A&F Quarterly NOT really available today

Although it has been posted in-store that the magazine will be released today, you may not necessarily purchase it right away. Apparently, you had to reserve your copy before July 17th in order to be able to get one. Otherwise, you will have to wait after the distribution period pasts on those reserved copies before you can buy one. If you want one today, call the Toronto Store at 416-591-6305 and ask the manager, Paul, for details on the holdup.

[IMG]http://www.abercrombie.ca/anf/images/I- ... _image.jpg[/IMG]
25 replies
Sep 9, 2008
703 posts
250 upvotes
Langley
uh.. what?

Not a hot deal :( And I don't see how it's a scam either....
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2553 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
why buy this when you can buy a real style guide magazine called gentlemen quarterly....
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11023 posts
2590 upvotes
Mods, please move this to the "NOT HOT DEALS" section, as reported by the OP.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Mar 13, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
Burlington
I had pre-ordered mine and picked it up today.

When I pre-ordered, it stated it had to be picked up by 4pm and after 4pm any remaining copies would be available to the general public.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1094 upvotes
Seriously how is this a scam? This calling everything a scam around here has gotten out of hand.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2009
1138 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
What the hell is this? A&F Quarterly. Umm, fruitcakes? :lol:
[QUOTE]Bucian66: I hate how condescending some users are towards others. I just wish they would be banned. Earlier: At least I've actually put effort in posting links to show the pricing. What have you done? No links to last years Black Friday sales? No links to Boxing Day sales? What a troll.[/QUOTE]
[OP]
Nov 28, 2005
502 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Ojam wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 3:17 pm
Seriously how is this a scam? This calling everything a scam around here has gotten out of hand.
It sure is a scam when a customer is shopping there in the daytime and sees the in-store sign about the release of the A&F Quarterly today yet is told at the cash register they have to wait or come back after 4 pm to buy one. There is no current mention on the in-store signs about the time of availability. It becomes a waste of any customer's time because not everyone lives near the Eaton Centre or doesn't have anything else to do that day, ya know.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2005
502 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
PhysicalTorque wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 3:26 pm
What the hell is this? A&F Quarterly. Umm, fruitcakes? :lol:
It takes one to know one. Anyway, you do know there are pix of hot girls in it too, right?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7373 posts
983 upvotes
Burnaby
4 pm today by my definition qualifies as today.

IMO.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2005
502 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
crimsona wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 3:47 pm
4 pm today by my definition qualifies as today.

IMO.
Yet their store hours today are 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1094 upvotes
Quid Pro Quo wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 3:29 pm
It takes one to know one. Anyway, you do know there are pix of hot girls in it too, right?
Jerking off to an AF catalog is only slightly better than jerking off to the sears christmas catalog. And it's not a scam.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1754 posts
717 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Ojam wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 5:16 pm
Jerking off to an AF catalog is only slightly better than looking at the sears catalog. And it's not a scam.
But he was slightly inconvenienced! Call the police!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
77 upvotes
Etobicoke
i was about to pre-order my copy...then i realized that i don't like looking at magazines full of pictures of white shirtless men.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2019 upvotes
Nowhere
Ojam wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 3:17 pm
Perhaps the OP meant to call it a "Bait and switch", the other most widely abused term around here. We need to develop a glossary to explain to people what a scam really is (and bait and switch). We could also include the definition of today in it because apparently he doesn't understand that either.

I'm so glad the OP took the time to do his public service and warn us of this terrible scam. Oh, the humanity! :cheesygri