• Jul 18th, 2010 9:38 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2005
506 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Cheap Cat wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 7:28 pm
Perhaps the OP meant to call it a "Bait and switch", the other most widely abused term around here. We need to develop a glossary to explain to people what a scam really is (and bait and switch). We could also include the definition of today in it because apparently he doesn't understand that either.

I'm so glad the OP took the time to do his public service and warn us of this terrible scam. Oh, the humanity! :cheesygri
It doesn't matter with your technicalities and attempts at self-righteous sarcasm anyway. 4 o'clock has come and gone and the mag has been bought.
Jul 16, 2010
1 posts
Windsor
naulttm wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 3:13 pm
I had pre-ordered mine and picked it up today.

When I pre-ordered, it stated it had to be picked up by 4pm and after 4pm any remaining copies would be available to the general public.
How much is the Canadian price for the Quarterly? I believe the one in the states is $10. I'm curious to know how much they increased it for the Canadians.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
38 upvotes
toronto
OMGZ IM GOING HYSTERICAL abercrombie and fitch is scamming people for not having my catalogue!

...you see how that looks like? :lol:
Jan 5, 2009
566 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GeeCee wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 5:18 pm
But he was slightly inconvenienced! Call the police!
We should obviously let Toronto police know of the true scam here: the fact that the op used the word scam in the thread title to gain attention otherwise no one would even remotely consider reading this!

I want my 30 seconds back that I spent in this thread.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
62 upvotes
Burlington
OP, I would petition the store for a midnight release next time :D
Sep 27, 2004
679 posts
39 upvotes
Scarborough
I read every post in this thread to try an figure out what a AnF quarterly is and just gave up :confused:
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2009
1138 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Quid Pro Quo wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 3:29 pm
It takes one to know one. Anyway, you do know there are pix of hot girls in it too, right?
You would pay for a catalog? If you want hot girls, get any other magazine specifically for that.
[QUOTE]Bucian66: I hate how condescending some users are towards others. I just wish they would be banned. Earlier: At least I've actually put effort in posting links to show the pricing. What have you done? No links to last years Black Friday sales? No links to Boxing Day sales? What a troll.[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
1213 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener
Hats off to the marketing department that can get people to pay to see their advertising! They can even get people to pre-order said advertising! They must be brilliant.
Aug 11, 2004
193 posts
25 upvotes
Its idiots like the OP that make it surprising that any retailer would sponsor this site. Not only does he call them out for a scam, he confirms he got his stupid magazine at 4:00 yet he fails to edit the original post and retract his statement.

On August 1st I have a site going live and to launch the site, and get the word on the street I was going to give away 250 free HDMI cables and iPhone chargers. I was going to release it primarily to RFD members, but when I see threads like this, it makes me cringe at the thought that if one defective cable gets delivered, or one shipment gets lost, I'll have people like the OP calling me a scam artist. People should think before they post.