Shopping Discussion

!!SCAM ALERT!! Legit GC site? https://www.yourgiftcards.ca/

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 12:52 pm
Tags:
Mar 23, 2007
116 posts
3 upvotes
Did you talk to someone at the credit card center? What did they recommend? I will give it a week and give them a call if nothing comes in the mail.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
120 upvotes
bigbadboss101 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 9:18 pm
Did you talk to someone at the credit card center? What did they recommend? I will give it a week and give them a call if nothing comes in the mail.
They are not answering phone. Don't get hopes up
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9167 posts
3268 upvotes
Ottawa
Portrait of a scam artist:

Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Jul 19, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
I have contacted my credit card company to investigate. They told me its possible its legitimate but it seems suspicious because they charged me under IT services.
Mar 23, 2007
116 posts
3 upvotes
I got an email this morning saying they had staff and defective card issue. They will send in the next few days or offer a full refund. Hmmm
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
120 upvotes
I asked for an update on when they are shipping it and so far being ignored.

In their email last week it said they will ship it in next few days. In my dictionary, this Friday is reasonable amount of time to give them for "few days" considering what they have done to us so far.

Also watch out for credit card dispute time limit of 60 days on some cards.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1590 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary
I initiated a chargeback. The credit card said they'd initiate the request and investigate.

As far as excuses from the scammer, it sounds like everyone is getting a different story. I emailed/facebooked/called the scammer and "Gary" responded to me twice. He answered me a few days later on Facebook saying they had issues with fraudulent buyers and had to change something. He also responded by email a few days later saying they're waiting on one of my gift cards that they had trouble getting a hold of and they'd ship in a few days. Eventually I demanded he refund the order and he said I'd see a credit soon. I haven't seen anything yet, but at least I have evidence for the credit card company now.

Lesson learned.
Mar 23, 2007
116 posts
3 upvotes
I got a respond from our CC company asking for a receipt. I don't have receipts but did have the email from these guys saying they will ship in a few days or they can give me a refund. I think I will send THAT mail to the CC company and ask them to investigate.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
120 upvotes
Nuprapture wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:42 am
... they had issues with fraudulent buyers and had to change something. ....
People within first 5 orders did not get their orders. They cannot have discovered a fraudulent buyer when they didn't ship anything. Also they could not explain shipping notification email at all. Is there any possible explanation other than it's fake?
Jul 19, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
Nuprapture wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:42 am
I initiated a chargeback. The credit card said they'd initiate the request and investigate.

Eventually I demanded he refund the order and he said I'd see a credit soon. I haven't seen anything yet, but at least I have evidence for the credit card company now.
Did you get refunded?
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10756 posts
1275 upvotes
Edmonton
42energy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:25 am
People within first 5 orders did not get their orders. They cannot have discovered a fraudulent buyer when they didn't ship anything. Also they could not explain shipping notification email at all. Is there any possible explanation other than it's fake?
I'm quite surprised they shafted people right away. Usually a scammer like this will use a little money from the initial payments to fulfill a couple of the first orders. When positive feedback is posted for those orders a flood of money from new orders comes in and gets scooped up never to be seen again.