None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4558 posts
528 upvotes
Markham

scam or not - D&A collection agency

got a voice msg today from phone number 1-888-395-1147(check online it is D&A collection agency),saying they called me on behalf TD canada trust, I called TD tonight and they didn't find anything wrong on my account, so is this a scam? But they did get my name right. Anyone has this experience.
8 replies
Jul 13, 2013
80 posts
36 upvotes
Whitby
D&A is a legit company. My work uses them. Not sure if the message was legit... maybe TD sent the wrong file to D&A
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1038 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
D&A is very real, do not disregard these guys.
May 31, 2006
97 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I had something similar. Your name may be similar or the same as someone they are looking for. In my case, both first and last name were different but only one letter off.

I called the collection agency and talked with a manger who realized they have the wrong person and removed me from there list. BUT, I've received numerous phone calls from various OTHER collection agencies all for this other person as his file somehow got my phone number. Basically I was told that it would be almost impossible to remove my phone number from his account.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3683 posts
2545 upvotes
If you have no debts or unpaid bills, and nobody has sent you any specific claim in writing, don't worry about it. The errors and attempted scams of other people are not your concern. Unless as rays101 points out you get a bunch of calls about some person who may have stolen your identity.
Sep 6, 2016
545 posts
191 upvotes
One time I got messages form TD number. When I asked about TD they told they never have that number.

I tried to call back and they named them as TD

In fact, that was a scam , huge scam
Public Mobile $110/12GB forever!
Apr 13, 2018
1 posts
they never called me ,but they did send me an email .
cant even get ahold of any one . it just goes to an answering machine.. i think this is a scam. i am not behind on any payments
Jan 8, 2019
1 posts
I had a voicemail message from this number, it's weird because they got my name right but never heard of the company. So, I called back on the number provided and they asked me for my personal information (date of birth, full address) and I asked them why they needed my information and all I got was "To tell you why we needed to contact you" (that's exactly what that person said) I wasn't too comfortable giving out my information just like that, and that person I talked to just cut me off and hung up. I'd say it's a scam. I'm up to date.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)