Travel

scam or not: Toronto-montreal by megabus, greyhound or viatrail 30$.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2018 2:42 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
118 posts
27 upvotes
mississauga

scam or not: Toronto-montreal by megabus, greyhound or viatrail 30$.

i tried to find a rideshare from kijiji to go to montreal from mississauga, and saw one ad with the ride dialy from airport to montreal for 30$, wbich is quite standard for a shuttle by a chinese driver going back and fort toronto-montreal.
but when i sent message to him to book a ride, here what he replied:

I sell discount tickets to go on Megabus $30, greyhound $30 and via rail $30. And UPexpress train tickets For FREE. Once you confirm the time and date with me by going on Megabus.com and viarail.ca and greyhound.ca and pick a time and tell me. And I will book you and Send the eticket to your email and all you have to do is Show the eticket to the driver and you can pay after you each your destination or once ur in the bus. I will send u another email with our company website to make the payment online. If you want me to go ahead and book it. Let me know. Thanks

anyone got this experience before? i feel it not a legit or kind of scam thing although if i cannot take the bus, i am not paying.
anything that i should be warned here?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
2861 posts
1877 upvotes
The NORTH
Via Economy is $48
Greyhound is as low as $43
Megabus is $39

Maybe he sells bulk tickets or resells on slow times? You may find that the time you want he 'cant get'

Can't say I have experience but it seems like a lot to go through to scam you out of $30
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3048 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
talmcgill wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 10:13 pm
i tried to find a rideshare from kijiji to go to montreal from mississauga, and saw one ad with the ride dialy from airport to montreal for 30$, wbich is quite standard for a shuttle by a chinese driver going back and fort toronto-montreal.
but when i sent message to him to book a ride, here what he replied:

I sell discount tickets to go on Megabus $30, greyhound $30 and via rail $30. And UPexpress train tickets For FREE. Once you confirm the time and date with me by going on Megabus.com and viarail.ca and greyhound.ca and pick a time and tell me. And I will book you and Send the eticket to your email and all you have to do is Show the eticket to the driver and you can pay after you each your destination or once ur in the bus. I will send u another email with our company website to make the payment online. If you want me to go ahead and book it. Let me know. Thanks

anyone got this experience before? i feel it not a legit or kind of scam thing although if i cannot take the bus, i am not paying.
anything that i should be warned here?
Hi, did you ever find out or can you share a reliable ride share? I am looking for a trip to montreal as well

thanks!
Public Mobile
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
118 posts
27 upvotes
mississauga
yes, i did without a problem. here my experience:
the guy said i get via train ticket from union station to montreal for 30$, and upexpress from pearson airport to union is free. gave him my name, email.
but finally he just sent me the ticket for via train and did not send the up express train. i myself oke with that since it's not worth to go to airport to take upexpress, just took go bus from my place directly to union station.
i save the ticket into my phone and go without a problem. after that he sent me the link to pay, it said the company is Lee bus service or smt like that. i paid and saved the confirmation, lucky for me because after few day he said i have not paid and i showed the proof.
few days later i asked him to book train from ottawa to montreal for 3 of us, just one day before depature but he could not send the ticket, i have a backup plan to go by bus so i am okie, otherwise i would be screwed.
i mean, if you book few days in advance, and he send ticket for you, it's great, cheap, and going by train is fun. but becareful to have backup plan incase he can not book ticket then you take risk.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3048 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
talmcgill wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:20 pm
yes, i did without a problem. here my experience:
the guy said i get via train ticket from union station to montreal for 30$, and upexpress from pearson airport to union is free. gave him my name, email.
but finally he just sent me the ticket for via train and did not send the up express train. i myself oke with that since it's not worth to go to airport to take upexpress, just took go bus from my place directly to union station.
i save the ticket into my phone and go without a problem. after that he sent me the link to pay, it said the company is Lee bus service or smt like that. i paid and saved the confirmation, lucky for me because after few day he said i have not paid and i showed the proof.
few days later i asked him to book train from ottawa to montreal for 3 of us, just one day before depature but he could not send the ticket, i have a backup plan to go by bus so i am okie, otherwise i would be screwed.
i mean, if you book few days in advance, and he send ticket for you, it's great, cheap, and going by train is fun. but becareful to have backup plan incase he can not book ticket then you take risk.
Can you pm me the contact info ?
Public Mobile