Careers

scammed? filling forms for a job too early?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2016 3:50 am
Tags:
Apr 21, 2014
171 posts
17 upvotes
BC

scammed? filling forms for a job too early?

hey guys, well one of my friend is a dumbass at least i think he is.

So pretty much he applied for a warehouse position and went to this place where they gave him forms which u usually get after ur hired out, instead of having just a general application and interview first like normal jobs. so he went to the place and gave his personal information such as SIN number, void cheque, address/work history, signed for a bg check, gave a photocopy of his drivers lisence etc. he filled out all the forms and the guy told him that they would call him back and if he doesnt he should call the company back. my friend told me this and i was like wtf why would u even give out ur personal info first? usually the process is application form, interview, hired and then all those important forms and i told him it seems like its a scam. He has been stressing out since yesterday after i told him this and hes like wtf did i just get scammed and he cant stop thinking about it since he also got his cousin to apply too with him?! he applied yesterday (wednesday). i dont think its normal for warehouse jobs to fill those forms first but i have never worked in that enviroment before, so i dont know for sure. Apparently, he said a lot of people were going to that place and filling those forms to get hired, and i was like ya it could be a mass-scam, and he heard that ppl work there but now hes like what if they hire some and scam some?! i told him that it makes no sense why they would get all that info first because what if they dont even hire you?! and u just gave ur personal info out?! he said that they hire a lot of people 300-400 and they keep hiring more. but again it makes no sense to me since i think he got scammed. to me there site even looks off/weird.

what do you guys think, any opinions, exp at a warehouse? do u think its fishy as well?!
the place is called: its staffing solution
2 replies
Aug 25, 2016
19 posts
9 upvotes
Quick google search shows it's a temp agency. They aren't going to scam him, well not with fraud, probably pay judging by all reviews on the place.
Apr 21, 2014
171 posts
17 upvotes
BC
albertnash wrote: Quick google search shows it's a temp agency. They aren't going to scam him, well not with fraud, probably pay judging by all reviews on the place.
ya theres only like on legit review where the person got hired she quit and they took 2week instead of 1week to pay her. but it makes me wonder why the other two ppl said they didnt get hired but the company still got their personal info so arent they boned? i told my friend that and i think i made matters worse hes stressing a lot,i told him to just work in retail even tho its 10.45 its something but he saw the ad for the 14 pay and went there to apply...i dunno feel bad for the guy but its like use ur judgement and my friend said the warehouse was opened recently and so far they have like a 100-200? employees at least thats what the guy told him but on their site it says opened since 2008 or something i dunno its fishy as hell. i thought they might do fraud like with all the personal info

edit: and there doesnt seem to much info on it either..