• Dec 25th, 2018 10:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1120 posts
117 upvotes
Markham

Scammed on Kijiji by RFD user "Nicholas"

User "Nicholas", otherwise known as Nicholas Lakan: Click here for his RFD profile.

His email address is: nixhxlas@hotmail.com, authenink@gmail.com, info@nfmaintenance.com, and tintdynasty@gmail.com

His affiliated businesses: N&F Maintenance, and Tint Dynasty (25 Fisherman Drive - Unit 13, Brampton, ON)

Transaction involved money in exchange for a PS Plus. Sent the money, he accepted it, and sent the code. Code turned out to be no longer valid. We tried multiple times to text and call back the number he used but it's pretty obvious he's using burner number(s).

Did a little digging around on RFD and it turns out this user is actively selling Netflix group share accounts (click here for the thread). Confirmed when I posed as an interested party to one of the accounts and he sent me the same email address for EMT that he asked us to send the money for the code to the PS Plus to. Called him out on it, and we received a call from a "Private Number" shortly afterwards telling us he will look into it. We never heard back from him again after that; no calls, no texts, no PMs, no emails from him.

Not holding my breath on getting the money back at this point, but hopefully this helps deter anyone else from dealing with this person. Kind of pathetic considering he "says" he's gotten screwed over on Kijiji before so we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Here are some screenshots of the conversation. I have more but these pretty much gives an idea of how the event unfolded. If the image is too big, I apologize.

Last edited by mzkaye729 on Aug 28th, 2018 9:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
8 replies
Feb 13, 2015
807 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for this info OP. Will remember not to buy anything or do any transactions with that member!
😎Thanks RFD😎
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1120 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
blackbirdman wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 3:37 pm
Thanks for this info OP. Will remember not to buy anything or do any transactions with that member!
Yes, hopefully it helps as defrauding someone outside of RFD is not grounds for a ban on here. Just have to rely everyone does their due diligence.

Considering Nicholas has been logging on and have not contacted us thus far, it's safe to say this will never be resolved.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1120 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
As my SO (krisztianf on RFD, who was the one Nicholas dealt with on Kijiji) has been dealing with Nicholas, it's evident this will not get resolved based on my interpretation of their recent communication.

Until Nicholas can provide krisztianf (or myself) with sufficient damning evidence supporting the claims and allegations he has chosen to make in that recent communication, I'm leaving this thread up as a deterrent for anyone who may want to deal with Nicholas in the future.

For everyone wondering, it's not the amount; it's the principle of the matter at hand. Just make sure you do your due diligence when dealing with people you don't know, and do your research.

I will issue no updates or changes to any words I have written on here until further notice.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2940 posts
653 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
I believe in karma. Wait until one day something bad happens to him. Just remember when it does it’s because of what he did.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10033 posts
4472 upvotes
Toronto
Bump for the good read and bad member.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9944 posts
4427 upvotes
Toronto
+1
mzkaye729 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 10:45 pm
Christmas bump.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)